[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

DMD and WW share a man crush.

Caveman_Nick

Both DMD and WW seem to have manlove for Cadillac Williams. DMD has been noted a few times here in thinking that Caddy will be tearing it up all season. Now WW has him as an S1 in the start/bench list prior to his first NFL carry.

They could very well be right. I think it will take a few games to see how he plays. I can't take anything he might have done in preseason seriously yet, and I am scared of the Tampa o-line.

If he's your best option at RB2, then you should play him. I'm not sure I can call him a 'must start' at this point, though. S1 carries a 'stud RB1' implication that I'm not ready for. What do other folks think?

I'm always nervous about a rookie running back in his first game. If I have another viable option... I'd start him.

But then again... it's against Minnesota.

- Is Minnesota's defense as bad as it was last year, or are Cowart, Udeze, Harris, and Sharper going to make things hard on Caddy?

- Will running be moot after Burleson scores three times in the first quarter?

I dunno.

Edited by AtomicCEO

Both DMD and WW seem to have manlove for Cadillac Williams.  DMD has been noted a few times here in thinking that Caddy will be tearing it up all season.  Now WW has him as an S1 in the start/bench list prior to his first NFL carry.

They could very well be right.  I think it will take a few games to see how he plays.  I can't take anything he might have done in preseason seriously yet, and I am scared of the Tampa o-line.

If he's your best option at RB2, then you should play him.  I'm not sure I can call him a 'must start' at this point, though.  S1 carries a 'stud RB1' implication that I'm not ready for.  What do other folks think?

975096[/snapback]

I agree with you. When I saw that I was very surprised that he had S1. I mean, Jamal Lewis has S2. Im not sure, but I think Jamal is a safer S1 then Caddy.

I know the letters done mean anything, but cmon DMD...dont you think Caddy as S1 is a bit much? Especially against the "improved" Vikings defense?

remember LT?  Caddy could be almost as good.  Top 10 RB this year, maybe top 5.

975388[/snapback]

Im sure people were saying similar things about Ryan Leaf at one point.

"Remember Joe Montana? Leaf could be the next Montana..."

Hmm...Where is HE now? Or to give a more accurate comparison, Lawrence Phillips. He was supposed to be a stud. Instead, hes a thug.

I'm always nervous about a rookie running back in his first game.  If I have another viable option... I'd start him.

But then again... it's against Minnesota. 

- Is Minnesota's defense as bad as it was last year, or are Cowart, Udeze, Harris, and Sharper going to make things hard on Caddy?

- Will running be moot after Burleson scores three times in the first quarter?

I dunno.

975324[/snapback]

I think Pat Williams in the middle will make it hard for Caddy. That and the bucs o line looks bad.

remember LT?  Caddy could be almost as good.  Top 10 RB this year, maybe top 5.

975388[/snapback]

I'm not suggesting he won't be good. I'm suggesting that putting a rookie RB as an S1 on week 1 of his rookie season is...lofty. For me.

Then again, people don't pay me for my opinion on FF, so take it for what it's worth.

Don't even need to read any of the responses. Caddy's a stud. Gruden knows talent, and has a man crush of his own on the guy. Get used to seeing that "S1" by his name. He is certainly the cream of this talented rookie crop of RBs. Hands, speed, strength, cutback ability. The whole package. Wish I had him on a team.

You friggin' goof... :D

I'm playing you in Fusion, and you have Caddilac on the bench... and are starting Michael Bennett...  :D

975632[/snapback]

Week 1 Lineup Submitted Los Gigantes

Griese, Brian TBB QB

Barber, Tiki NYG RB

Davis, Domanick HOU RB

Williams, Carnell TBB RB

Bennett, Drew TEN WR

Johnson, Chad CIN WR

Shockey, Jeremy NYG TE

Stover, Matt BAL PK

Rogers, Shaun DET DT

Freeney, Dwight IND DE

Edwards, Donnie SDC LB

Simmons, Brian CIN LB

Watson, Courtney NOS LB

Davis, Thomas CAR S

Harrison, Rodney NEP S

Lewis, Michael PHI S

Submitted Thu Sep 8 1:46:13 p.m. ET 2005

much better. :D

I think Pat Williams in the middle will make it hard for Caddy. That and the bucs o line looks bad.

975427[/snapback]

Right on the money. Teams aren't going to be running up and down the field against the Vikes this year. With all the new defensive players, he could easily be the most important one.

Edited by MikesVikes

I remember his man crush on one Koren Robinson, too.  Hey, when you stick your neck out, it's going to get chopped off occasionally.

975849[/snapback]

<cough, cough> Willie Green <cough, cough>