[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Remind me to never ...

Grits and Shins

Kind of lame to blame another company. I don't recall writing a check to Invision. I did, however, pay TheHuddle an annual membership feel that included access to the message boards. Seems to me that, regardless of whose "fault" it is, TheHuddle should either resolve the problem or start refunding membership fees.

Kind of lame to blame another company.  I don't recall writing a check to Invision.  I did, however, pay TheHuddle an annual membership feel that included access to the message boards.  Seems to me that, regardless of whose "fault" it is, TheHuddle should either resolve the problem or start refunding membership fees.

978529[/snapback]

So if somebody pays you to deliver a package to an address before a critical deadline and you fail to meet the deadline because your car broke down in route one might say it was your fault because your car broke down?

Would the same hold true if you paid another company for the year round maintenance on your car and your car broke down because they breached their contract and failed to maintain your car?

The Huddle is paying for another site to host the MBs. You might be able to 'blame' the Huddle if the reason for the crashes are because they didn't purchase sufficient capacity. If, however, they have purchased sufficient capacity and the problems are because their provided is not performing as promised, how exactly can you hold the Huddle responsible for their failings?

Having said all that I don't really care who's fault it is ... I just know my access is limited and on Sunday I'll likely be somewhere else.

So if somebody pays you to deliver a package to an address before a critical deadline and you fail to meet the deadline because your car broke down in route one might say it was your fault because your car broke down?

Would the same hold true if you paid another company for the year round maintenance on your car and your car broke down because they breached their contract and failed to maintain your car?

The Huddle is paying for another site to host the MBs.  You might be able to 'blame' the Huddle if the reason for the crashes are because they didn't purchase sufficient capacity.  If, however, they have purchased sufficient capacity and the problems are because their provided is not performing as promised, how exactly can you hold the Huddle responsible for their failings?

Having said all that I don't really care who's fault it is ... I just know my access is limited and on Sunday I'll likely be somewhere else.

978546[/snapback]

Yes. If I commit to deliver a package for someone and my car breaks down, it's my fault - not the car manufacturer's fault. I may trade my car in, but it was MY responsibility to deliver the package.

Yes. If I commit to deliver a package for somone and my car breaks down because I got bad service from a mechanic it's my fault - not the mechanic's fault. I may fire the mechanic, but it was MY responsibility to deliver the package on time.

Do you ever hear FedEx say - We guarantee next day delivery (unless our plane breaks down, in which case it's Boeing's fault and you're on your own)? No.

TheHuddle needs to fix the problem or start refunding money.

Sorry Vet but the boards are free. What are they going to refund you?

978591[/snapback]

They are!?? So all this time I've been paying $20 for the "Start/Bench" list?!! :D

Seriously, I didn't know the boards were free. I thought you had to be a member.

In that case, we can't complain. :D

Yes.  If I commit to deliver a package for someone and my car breaks down, it's my fault - not the car manufacturer's fault.  I may trade my car in, but it was MY responsibility to deliver the package.

Yes.  If I commit to deliver a package for somone and my car breaks down because I got bad service from a mechanic it's my fault - not the mechanic's fault.  I may fire the mechanic, but it was MY responsibility to deliver the package on time.

Do you ever hear FedEx say - We guarantee next day delivery (unless our plane breaks down, in which case it's Boeing's fault and you're on your own)?  No.

TheHuddle needs to fix the problem or start refunding money.

978563[/snapback]

So you are telling me then .. that, under my scenario, you would not be qualified to verify all the work done on your vehicle but would actually verify that your vehicle was to spec. I doubt it ... rather you make an assumption that your mechanic performed the service he said he did and he did it capably.

So you are telling me then .. that, under my scenario, you would not be qualified to verify all the work done on your vehicle but would actually verify that your vehicle was to spec.  I doubt it ... rather you make an assumption that your mechanic performed the service he said he did and he did it capably.

978758[/snapback]

You really ARE that stupid, aren't you? Amazing.

If I commit to deliver a package and my vehicle breaks down, regardless of whose fault it is, it is still my responsibility to deliver the package. If I cannot deliver the package, then my customer has the right to seek compensatory damages (i.e. a refund) from me. I can then try to recoup my losses from the mechanic, or the car manufacturer or whomever. But I don't tell my customer "Sorry, not my fault. Go talk to my car mechanic."

Yep ... I will likley be at a competitor's site on Sunday ...

978496[/snapback]

Unfortunaterly, we don't have much of a choice, this is the worst I have ever seen The Huddle be.

You really ARE that stupid, aren't you?  Amazing. 

If I commit to deliver a package and my vehicle breaks down, regardless of whose fault it is, it is still my responsibility to deliver the package.  If I cannot deliver the package, then my customer has the right to seek compensatory damages (i.e. a refund) from me.  I can then try to recoup my losses from the mechanic, or the car manufacturer or whomever.  But I don't tell my customer "Sorry, not my fault.  Go talk to my car mechanic."

978780[/snapback]

I never said you committed to anything ... I was thinking more along the lines of you were at the office and the boss required this task of you at the last minute.

TheHuddle should either resolve the problem or start refunding membership fees.

978529[/snapback]

Sorry Vet but the boards are free. What are they going to refund you?

978591[/snapback]

Lets also not forget that DMD and WW are PAYING someone to host the servers for these boards, and they are still providing these boards all us schmucks at no charge!!!

I'm still givin props to the boys!!!! That's value!!!! :D:D

Someone needs to put their foot up the a$$ of those guys at invision!

Why are you guys so upset?  :D

DMD & WW have always put up a top-notch site, and have proven to be loyal to their customers.  I'm sure the server issues will be taken care of, and life on the boards will go back to normal.

978909[/snapback]

Nobody doubts that eventually things will get straightened out. Furthermore, DMD and WW are in the position of having to work with their 3rd party vendor to get things resolved. If you have ever worked with a 3rd party vendor you know how onuerous that can be. You have to spend a week simply convincing them there is a problem.

The problem is that this is the prime time for this type of service and outages are very prominent. So it is not the right time to say 'be patient and it will get fixed eventually'.

Nobody doubts that eventually things will get straightened out.  Furthermore, DMD and WW are in the position of having to work with their 3rd party vendor to get things resolved.  If you have ever worked with a 3rd party vendor you know how onuerous that can be.  You have to spend a week simply convincing them there is a problem.

The problem is that this is the prime time for this type of service and outages are very prominent.  So it is not the right time to say 'be patient and it will get fixed eventually'.

978922[/snapback]

Point taken :D