[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

MNF?

godtomsatan

They are going to customize the lyrics to a Tim McGraw song during every Monday night halftime segment this season that describes the highlights of the Sunday action.

Jim Belushi in the booth is no longer the low of Monday Night Football broadcasts.

Let's not forget the inclusion of a segment for the least funny person that people are willing to pay to not be funny, Jimmy Kimmel.  Did anyone think his bit last night was remotely funny?

977682[/snapback]

I am assuming no one here found it funny. Seems to be the wrong crowd. I really don't understand why they try to attract non-football people to MNF. Unless your team is playing, you are a fantasy nut, or like me you just watch sports because it is better than the rest of the shuckse on tv, people are not going to watch MNF. I highly doubt people will be tuning in just to see the halftime Tim McGraw bit. :D Just give us the stats and recap the first half. Fill the rest will commercials while I piss and get something to eat and lets watch the second half.

Well, without FF, the NFL wouldn't be too much fun to watch. In reality, parity and expansion have made it a watered down product. I'm all for the NFL, don't get me wrong, but would I have the Sunday Ticket if I didn't play fantasy? I used to get it to watch the Cowboys, and now I keep it so I can follow my teams. Still watch the Boys, but, truly, they are a lousy product.

So, Mr. Kimmel probably wouldn't even have a job if it weren't for slobs like us!

Didn't see the Kimmel bit.  Did I miss something? :D

977728[/snapback]

Just Kimmel biting the hand that feeds him...

What do the guys at the networks think is putting football at the top of the professional sports heap in terms of TV viewership? The expanded fan base (and consequently the expanded view base) can be directly attributed to the increased popularity of fantasy football.

No, No, that can't be it. It must be because of these extremely humerous segments with Jimmy Kimmel. Either that or the insightful commentary by luminaries like Joe Thiesman...

Kimmel used to be funny on the FOX pregame show and super funny on the Man Show!  Then he got to big for his britches.  Divorced his wife and is now dating Sara Silverman, I think.  What a sellout!

978100[/snapback]

Maybe his bit on MNF could include girls on trampolines! Or maybe the 13 year old kid giving people sh*t on the street.

The last time Kimmel was funny was on the Man show and on radio here in L.A. (short sports segments for KROQ). Very sarcastically funny on radio with innuendos and stuff - he could get away with a lot more there.

Network TV takes way too much of his edge off, and he hasn't yet figured out how to tone it down and still be funny...

when did mnf and a hilljack singing country tunes become synanomous? i can stomach country music when i'm with a woman who likes it....for about an hour. why are they forcefeeding this to a bunch of guys who probably don't like it all that much to begin with. how about some crunge, classic rock, whatever. hip hop, rap, and country music have a place.....but not on my f r i c k in t.v while i'm watching football.

We are watching the NFL's implode on itself with advertising and corporate sponsorship due partly to its' own popularity.

The NFL charges $ XX gazillion for the broadcast rights, so the broadcasting companies now have to auction off all the bits and pieces of the broadcast to afford it. The Chevy pregame, Lexus halftime etc. In addition, it's turned into a race to get viewers so they can demonstrate a following and charge more for the spots.

I think it sucks. Nothing is funny or creative anymore.

That being said, having Tim McGoo, or whoever he is, create custom lyrics each week based highligths is about the dumbest thing they have done...ever.