[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Collins deep ball and the Freak

Big Ernie McCracken

Collins can undoubtedly throw the ball far but his accuracy is absolutely third rate. Moss is the best ever at adjusting to poorly thrown balls, so it won't affect him as much, but as a whole it will prevent the Raiders from consistently moving the chains and over the course of the season it's going to slow down the offense as a whole and hurt the skill position players accross the board. They will all still put up solid numbers but I don't expect the offensive juggernaut many were hoping for.

Dunno man. I don't have any Raiders on my teams, they were snapped up way early in all my drafts. That said, remember, they were going against the Pats on the road last night.

Think about them going against KC, Denver, and San Diego a couple times this year. None of those teams are terrific against the pass. I see some shootouts down the road.

I actually liked what I saw out of the Raiders offense last night. Collins is imprecise, but he has some weapons. That TD he threw to Moss may have been an incompetion if it were thrown to anyone else.

Going into my draft I wanted to grab K.Collins and really had a chance at him in only one draft and I passed on him for Favre, I think I may regret that decision. Only one game of course but the Fantasy Season looks very bright for Vodka and Moss.

Man I dont know about that. Collins threw it up a couple of times and let Moss go get it, which is what Culpepper did as well. Im not comparing the two, but Collins can chunk it and Moss can definately go get it. Jordan also looks like the real deal, and once they start using him more, this offense is going to put up some serious points in my opinion.

Man I dont know about that.  Collins threw it up a couple of times and let Moss go get it, which is what Culpepper did as well.  Im not comparing the two, but Collins can chunk it and Moss can definately go get it.  Jordan also looks like the real deal, and once they start using him more, this offense is going to put up some serious points in my opinion.

977794[/snapback]

Agreed.

I liked how Jordan was running last night...he looked like he had carried the load before. Using him in the passing game was nice as well. He'll still get vultured by Crockett though.

You can't throw it up to Moss 25 times a game. On the free play (Moss' first reception) Collins underthrew Moss miserably instead of leading him which would have resulted in a quick 6. While Moss is a special athlete and can make the adjustment's, not all players have those tools. Collins threw too wide every pass he made into the flats to Jordan. I'm not saying they won't be good, I'm just saying Collins inability to deliver the ball accurately will hinder this team between the 20's.

Edited by Big Ernie McCracken

You can't throw it up to Moss 25 times a game. On the free play (Moss' first reception) Collins underthrew Moss miserably instead of leading him which would have resulted in a quick 6. While Moss is a special athlete and can make the adjustment's, not all players have those tools. Collins threw too wide every pass he made into the flats to Jordan. I'm not saying they won't be good, I'm just saying Collins inability to deliver the ball accurately will hinder this team between the 20's.

977818[/snapback]

You've heard of the Randy Ratio haven't you!!! :D

Going into my draft I wanted to grab K.Collins and really had a chance at him in only one draft and I passed on him for Favre, I think I may regret that decision.    Only one game of course but the Fantasy Season looks very bright for Vodka and Moss.

977784[/snapback]

You might have actually have made a mistake???-this must be a first! :D