[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

LaMont Jordan Owners

Vet

What you saw last night is what you're going to get all season. 18 carries, 70 yards. A few impressive runs, and alot of nadas. Zack Crockett carrying the ball in the 2nd half while LaMont catches his breath and nurses his leg cramps.

I'm sure he'll score 6 or 7 TDs, and he may break one or two long runs on a draw play against the Chiefs or some other lame defensive team.

But any of you who drafted him high are going to be sorely disappointed. :D

• Replies 119
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

And you know this because of his 268 career carries as a Jet, right?

He is a backup being put into a starters role for the first time in his career. Of course there will be fatigue early on. He was also rushing against a very good defense. When Jordan gets in better game shape, and has good matchups, he will put up solid #2 RB numbers. He's big, he can run, he can catch. Even with the tough matchup and conditioning problems he had 110 total yards. Not too bad.

What you saw last night is what you're going to get all season.  18 carries, 70 yards.  A few impressive runs, and alot of nadas.  Zack Crockett carrying the ball in the 2nd half while LaMont catches his breath and nurses his leg cramps.

I'm sure he'll score 6 or 7 TDs, and he may break one or two long runs on a draw play against the Chiefs or some other lame defensive team.

But any of you who drafted him high are going to be sorely disappointed.  :D

977988[/snapback]

You must be a Cmart owner. Everyone keeps forgetting that he was running against the NE defense and playing from behind in 2nd half. He had 4 carries in the 2nd half, thats called abandoning the run :D He will do fine as a RB 2. Yes that would be a bonehead move to get him in the 1st round, I can only see OAK homers doing that. I drafted him 3.10, and am happy with that.

What you saw last night is what you're going to get all season.  18 carries, 70 yards.  A few impressive runs, and alot of nadas.  Zack Crockett carrying the ball in the 2nd half while LaMont catches his breath and nurses his leg cramps.

977988[/snapback]

hmm.. I drafted Jordan at 5.1 as a 3rd RB, with Corey Dillion and Kevin Jones over him. Our league has 2 RB, 2 WR, and 1 flex, and I played him as the flex this week. I was quite happy with him as a 3rd RB. Sure, onlyt 70 rushing yards, but also keep in mind the 40 recieving yards he had. And they will hand the ball to him a lot more when Moss pushes the safties back.

But I can see those who wasted a 1st/2nd round pick on him would be disapointed...

he had 5 rec. for 40 yds....

that is what I drafted him for...he played a top defense that shuts down the run and still put up 20 pts on my bench...

the pts for receiving he got was 13...got the other 7 on his rushing yds....

imagine if he got a TD...I would have kicked myself for not starting him..

oh...and he played the patriots....I guess Brian Westbrook sucks too...

5.1???  Is this a 4 team league, or were you playing with people who don't follow football?

978036[/snapback]

Exactly....he went late 2nd / early 3rd in my leagues and most mocks

But any of you who drafted him high are going to be sorely disappointed.   :D

977988[/snapback]

Crockett only touched the ball 3 times.

What I noticed was pretty decent gains right up the middle of the NE DEF line.

I like what I saw from LaMont. Significant carries while the game was close and significant recptions (sample size is small but projections out to 80 recptions for the season)....the problem was the NE team got in the way! I know LaMont has a very tough "run" schedule according to DD EOS but a couple of those very tough run Def have very questionable offenses too....so the Raiders should be in those games stuffing the pill into LaMonts hands. This was definatley the toughest game on the schedule and it will only get better. I see him as a legit #2 RB...wont light it on fire but will put up decent #s.

Edited by Pancake

I hope this is what I get all season. He looked powerful, fast, caught a few nice passes (and made a few nice moves to get YAC) and had no safeties to contend with all night. The fact that he was playing a top-notch defense, the team abandoned the run in the 2nd half, and got 2(!) goal line vultures doesn't deter me - those things happen to everyone occasionally. I got him 6.4 as my 3rd running back, so love the upside potential I see with him.

most of you pointed out the obvious. i have him in 2 leagues and played him in both. i wasn't disappointed with his effort by and stretch of the means. he got dehydrated and had leg cramps. that probably won't happen again once he gets into complete game shape. keep in mind, this is his first starting role. i wish he would have gotten into the endzone on the pass play early in the game. the way i saw it, he did have some decent runs when he had a hole to run through. the patriots linebackers are a little weak this yr but the safety support they get helped out the linebackers. lamont will be fine when he doesn't take on a top 5 defense. even then, is 13 pts that bad???

977988[/snapback]

That comes out to 1760 total yards and your 6 or 7 TDs. That's pretty good!

But any of you who drafted him high are going to be sorely disappointed.   :D

977988[/snapback]

I guess wee'll see how Martin runs aginst the "lame defensive" squad the Chiefs have this Sunday. Bet you'll want to take back that statement come Monday after we stomp the Jets. :D

Edited by Hat Trick

Lamont looked really good to me last night. Nice blend of power and speed, to go along with some soft hands.

However, what we saw last night is exactly what I feared would be the case with him.

Raiders D sucking.

The opposing team slowly but surely pulling away.

The Raiders O forced to abondon the run in favor of the pass, to play catch up.

What will save Jordan owners, is his use in the passing game. Especially in points per reception leagues. He'll almost certainly have some big ground games this year, but I would think they would be more infrequent, than frequent.

I think he would be a monster on a team that had a decent D and could actually go with a ground control game plan.

977988[/snapback]

Oh, how much will it suck to be you on Sunday evening when your Jets lose to the Chiefs and their "lame" defense. :D:D

The only difference between Dillon and Jordan last night was that the Raiders threw to the TE when inside the 10, instead of pounding it in with the RB like the Pats did. So, would it be safe to assume that Dillon isn't worth drafting in the first 2-3 rounds either? Really, since Dillon was facing a fairly weak defense, I would go as far as to say that Jordan may have been more impressive than Dillon, other than the two gimme TD's.

It amuses me to watch you Jordan owners scramble around trying to justify your pick. If you got him in the 5th round or below or if he's your #3 RB, so be it - he's a good back-up. If you got him in round 3 or higher or if god forbid he's your #1 or #2 back, you're screwed.

And you know this because of his 268 career carries as a Jet, right?

He is a backup being put into a starters role for the first time in his career. Of course there will be fatigue early on. He was also rushing against a very good defense. When Jordan gets in better game shape, and has good matchups, he will put up solid #2 RB numbers. He's big, he can run, he can catch. Even with the tough matchup and conditioning problems he had 110 total yards. Not too bad.

977998[/snapback]

Yes, Hugh, I'm basing it on his 268 career carries as a Jet. Plus his 17 carries as a Raider. I don't know what else to base it on other than having personally watched every carry the guy has had as a professional football player.

And the Jets may lose to the Chiefs on Sunday (I doubt it, but it could happen) - but it will not be because of anything the Chiefs defense does. It will be because they simply get outscored.

The only difference between Dillon and Jordan last night was that the Raiders threw to the TE when inside the 10, instead of pounding it in with the RB like the Pats did.  So, would it be safe to assume that Dillon isn't worth drafting in the first 2-3 rounds either?  Really, since Dillon was facing a fairly weak defense, I would go as far as to say that Jordan may have been more impressive than Dillon, other than the two gimme TD's.

978453[/snapback]

That is correct.

Great.  Now ever time L. Jordan has a good week, people who have him on their teams will be posting here saying how great he is :D

978462[/snapback]

no, but i will point out, that many months ago, i predicted that pittman would be on the field and used alot. it seems like i might have been right about this. we'll see.

i agree with gopher too. if i were to objectively assess both rb's last night, i would say jordan looked better against a good defense while dillon was unimpressive against a supposedly weak defense.

no, but i will point out, that many months ago, i predicted that pittman would be on the field and used alot.  it seems like i might have been right about this.  we'll see.

i agree with gopher too.  if i were to objectively assess both rb's last night, i would say jordan looked better against a good defense while dillon was unimpressive against a supposedly weak defense.

978530[/snapback]

NE has the total package. Very good offense and defense and no chance for OAK by the 4th quarter.

I see LaMont doing very well against those stout Def that have questionable offenses...i.e. BUF, WAS. I also see OAK doing well against any team that is just average at DEF and Offense. In these games, LaMont will have his 100 yd 1 TD games.

I guess I just don't think last night's performance should be any reason for Jordan owners to panick, even if he IS their #2. I have him in only one of my five leagues, a keeper league in which I could keep him this year in exchange for my 17th-round draft pick, which is an obvious no-brainer (I also have Alexander, Rudi, Moore, and Cadillac), so he's not really a risk to me.

The only reason I stayed away from drafting him as a #2 in my other leagues was Oakland's fairly tough schedule this year as far as defenses they face who can stop the run well. But, last night, I think he showed some positive signs, to say the least.