[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

LaMont Jordan Owners

Vet

I couldn't pass up the chance to research this.  LaMont toted the rock a total of 11 times for 44 yards in his 4 years as a Jet.  That hardly qualifies as experience.  Plus, those 11 carries are over the last 4 years, and I'm quite sure the Patriots defense has changed quite a bit by then.

I think your avatar ruined your case more than actual stats or how LaMont looked on Thursday.  People just assume you are mad that LaMont moved on up to a starting gig.

980121[/snapback]

Well, since you fancy yourself the resident historian here, I'm sure you'll be proven right.

Since you've done so much research, why don't you explain to the rest of us exactly how the Patriots defense has changed over the past 4 years?

You Jordan owners will do anything to justify the pick.

Talk to me in December.

• Replies 119
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Jordan inherently has value because he's a starting halfback who will probably get 70% of the carries in his offense. If you took him in the 2nd round, you're an idiot. If you took him in the 4th or 5th, your team will probably be in good shape.

My bold prediction: 260/1060/7, 40/250/1

One could do much worse at the #2 RB position...

I couldn't pass up the chance to research this.  LaMont toted the rock a total of 11 times for 44 yards in his 4 years as a Jet.  That hardly qualifies as experience.  Plus, those 11 carries are over the last 4 years, and I'm quite sure the Patriots defense has changed quite a bit by then.

I think your avatar ruined your case more than actual stats or how LaMont looked on Thursday.  People just assume you are mad that LaMont moved on up to a starting gig.

980121[/snapback]

he's not upset that the 'jets back of the future' got too old to wait and now they have to draft and mold a new young back?

well, that just sucks :D

Jordan inherently has value because he's a starting halfback who will probably get 70% of the carries in his offense.  If you took him in the 2nd round, you're an idiot...

980134[/snapback]

Wow! I actually agree with Swerski on something.

Edited by Vet

whats with the slanderous words all the time swerski. calling somebody an idiot if they drafted jordan in the second round?? why would you even go there. you are just a confrontational donkey brother. you have semi valuable insight, why with the harsh constantly?? doesn't get you respect around here insulting people. its good to have an opinion, most people like to share. they just don't call others idiots because of an opposing view point. is your wife screwing your best friend or something? dog piss on your rug? or are you just like that all the time. nevermind, i can find other civil people that like to have intellectual conversations that don't need to berate people with a different slant. honestly though, i just think your a donkey. going through life hurtful, hateful, and ornery must be fun for you.

whats with the slanderous words all the time swerski.  calling somebody an idiot if they drafted jordan in the second round??  why would you even go there.  you are just a confrontational donkey brother.  you have semi valuable insight, why with the harsh constantly??  doesn't get you respect around here insulting people.  its good to have an opinion, most people like to share.  they just don't call others idiots because of an opposing view point.  is your wife screwing your best friend or something?  dog piss on your rug?  or are you just like that all the time.  nevermind, i can find other civil people that like to have intellectual conversations that don't need to berate people with a different slant.  honestly though, i just think your a donkey.  going through life hurtful, hateful, and ornery must be fun for you.

980149[/snapback]

Dang Crispy! :D

Remind me not to even think of peeing in your Cheerios.

Edited by Big Score 1

he's not upset that the 'jets back of the future' got too old to wait and now they have to draft and mold a new young back?

well, that just sucks  :D

980138[/snapback]

You don't "mold" running backs.

Was Curtis Martin "molded"? Was Barry Sanders? Emmit Smith? Walter Payton? Eric Dickerson? Marshall Faulk? LaDainian Tomlinson?

As soon as you hear a RB is being "molded" for something, dump him.

And if you want the "back of the future" get LaMont Jordan. If you want to win now, don't.

whats with the slanderous words all the time swerski.  calling somebody an idiot if they drafted jordan in the second round??  why would you even go there.  you are just a confrontational donkey brother.  you have semi valuable insight, why with the harsh constantly??  doesn't get you respect around here insulting people.  its good to have an opinion, most people like to share.  they just don't call others idiots because of an opposing view point.  is your wife screwing your best friend or something?  dog piss on your rug?  or are you just like that all the time.  nevermind, i can find other civil people that like to have intellectual conversations that don't need to berate people with a different slant.  honestly though, i just think your a donkey.  going through life hurtful, hateful, and ornery must be fun for you.

980149[/snapback]

You sound like an upset Jordan owner who drafted him way too high.

Don't worry, maybe the rest of your team will make up for Jordan's shortcomings. We all have a weak link on our team. Your's just happens to be LaMont Jordan. No biggie. Relax, the world will not spin off its axis because you paid too much for LaMont Jordan.

You sound like an upset Jordan owner who drafted him way too high.

Don't worry, maybe the rest of your team will make up for Jordan's shortcomings.  We all have a weak link on our team.  Your's just happens to be LaMont Jordan.  No biggie.  Relax, the world will not spin off its axis because you paid too much for LaMont Jordan.

980172[/snapback]

did you go out and call people idiots??? no. you made your point and opinion. thats all good, thats what we want. namecalling for drafting somebody in a certain round, you're just an Kate Middleton.

Well, since you fancy yourself the resident historian here, I'm sure you'll be proven right.

Since you've done so much research, why don't you explain to the rest of us exactly how the Patriots defense has changed over the past 4 years?

You Jordan owners will do anything to justify the pick.

Talk to me in December.

980125[/snapback]

Resident historian? So much research? It took me 3 minutes to go to NFL.com and pull up those stats. And just to let you know, I don't even own LaMont in any league. I was simply stating that your Jets avatar may have had others around here questioning your thoughts on LaMont. I do own CuMart in my most important league and think he will have another fine season. I am not a Jets fan, nor am I a Raiders fan, but when it was my pick and I had the choice between Curtis and LaMont, I went with the proven stud.

As far as the Pats D changing over the last 4 years, let's see here. The leading tackler last year was Rodney Harrison, but he's only been on the team for 2 years. The leading tackler from the front line was Ty Warren, and he too has been there 2 years. Of the 2 starting cornerbacks, Asante Samuel has been with them for 2 years, and Randall Gay for just 1 year. The other safety opposite Rodney is Eugene Wilson, who has been there 2 years. This year's nose tackle - 1 year on the Pats. The LB corps is about the only steady thing over the past 4 years, but they are without Tedy this year. And one of their most famous defensive stars of the last 10 years has left to play for your beloved Jets. That's how the Patriots have changed over the last 4 years. OK, I have to admit, that research took me 11 minutes.

You don't "mold" running backs.

Was Curtis Martin "molded"?  Was Barry Sanders?  Emmit Smith? Walter Payton?  Eric Dickerson?  Marshall Faulk? LaDainian Tomlinson?

As soon as you hear a RB is being "molded" for something, dump him.

And if you want the "back of the future" get LaMont Jordan.  If you want to win now, don't.

980167[/snapback]

when they learn a new system...and basically start from scratch IE: NFL...that's what "molding" a new RB is...

I don't even understand how he escapes round 3 :D

980433[/snapback]

Because most people consider him a high Tier 3 back, along the lines of Barlow. And, unlike Barlow, he's never played a significant amount of time as a featured back. Why gamble on someone like him with one's 3rd-round pick, when someone like Reggie Wayne might be available?

Because most people consider him a high Tier 3 back, along the lines of Barlow.  And, unlike Barlow, he's never played a significant amount of time as a featured back.  Why gamble on someone like him with one's 3rd-round pick, when someone like Reggie Wayne might be available?

980437[/snapback]

because Wayne doesn't touch the ball 20+ times a game?

because Wayne doesn't touch the ball 20+ times a game?

980440[/snapback]

Most scoring systems don't take into account touches. And I think it's a stretch that Jordan will amass as many total yds or score as many TDs as Wayne.

I can understand someone taking Jordan as a #2 RB in the third. But if we're talking about a 10- or 12- team league with standard performance scoring and I've already drafted RB and WR, I'd take Wayne over Jordan in a heartbeat for two reasons:

(1) Wayne is proven talent. Jordan isn't.

(2) Wayne plays in a system that ensures he'll amass over 1,000 yds and double-digit TDs. Jordan plays on a team that will be forced to abandon the run in the 4th quarters of most games.

Yet Jordan is playing on what is suppose to be one of the most explosive offenses in the league along with Norv Turner who if you remember was the OC in Miami when Ricky ran amuck. Yeah I'd take Jordan as my #2 Rb any day of the week. And I guess Jordan's 4.9 yrds a carry for a career is mediocre also. Yep Wayne or Jordan I'd take Jordan. And if you put Jordan in the same league as Barlow you're an idiot.

Edited by Ice717