[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

LaMont Jordan Owners

Vet

Yet Jordan is playing on what is suppose to be one of the most explosive offenses in the league along with Norv Turner who if you remember was the OC in Miami when Ricky ran amuck.  Yeah I'd take Jordan as my #2 Rb any day of the week.  And I guess Jordan's 4.9 yrds a carry for a career is mediocre also.  Yep Wayne or Jordan I'd take Jordan.  And if you put Jordan in the same league as Barlow you're an idiot.

980523[/snapback]

basically

• Replies 119
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

And if you put Jordan in the same league as Barlow you're an idiot.

980523[/snapback]

You're right. Barlow actually has a couple 200-carry seasons under his belt and a 1,000-yd rushing season, while Jordan has neither. So, I guess they're not in the same league after all. :D

You're right.  Barlow actually has a couple 200-carry seasons under his belt and a 1,000-yd rushing season, while Jordan has neither.  So, I guess they're not in the same league after all.  :D

980545[/snapback]

With that logic you can put Marshall Faulk, Eddie George, above them also. You know cause they have had multiple 1000 yard rushing seasons. Teams change, players change and some fall, some get better. This year Jordan is gonna be better, but if you like Barlow more than Jordan go ahead and take him he's all yours.

With that logic you can put Marshall Faulk, Eddie George, above them also.  You know cause they have had multiple 1000 yard rushing seasons.  Teams change, players change and some fall, some get better.  This year Jordan is gonna be better, but if you like Barlow more than Jordan go ahead and take him he's all yours.

980767[/snapback]

yuup...Jordan hasan actual QB, 3 very good WR's and the 2nd best in the game to go with that....Barlow has Lloyd, who is just good....

plus Jordan has a better OL, believe it or not.....plus he's being used alot on the passing game...

My goodness children what have we here??? Evidence was televised, Jordan is a talented guy. I can't come up with an angle that makes his performance on thursday night look like a negative. Average game in his first NFL start against one of the best run defenses in the game. That being said, I don't think he is one of the special running backs whose talent is so great that they can perform well even when the rest of the team is not. Other than the top handful talents (some of them even included), RB stats are predicated on the play of the team, and ebb and flow of each game. --

Lamont will have some games this season where the Raiders defense is so horrible that they have to abandon the run early, even earlier than they did on thursday. What people are forgetting about is the flipside of this. There will also be some games where the Raiders offense explodes early, leaving Jordan owners as potentially HUGE beneficiaries. Solid #2, 3rd round selection.

My goodness children what have we here???  Evidence was televised, Jordan is a talented guy.  I can't come up with an angle that makes his performance on thursday night look like a negative.  Average game in his first NFL start against one of the best run defenses in the game.  That being said, I don't think he is one of the special running backs whose talent is so great that they can perform well even when the rest of the team is not.  Other than the top handful talents (some of them even included), RB stats are predicated on the play of the team, and ebb and flow of each game.  --

Lamont will have some games this season where the Raiders defense is so horrible that they have to abandon the run early, even earlier than they did on thursday.  What people are forgetting about is the flipside of this.  There will also be some games where the Raiders offense explodes early, leaving Jordan owners as potentially HUGE beneficiaries.  Solid #2, 3rd round selection.

980846[/snapback]

yuup...opposing offenses will be doing alot of 3 and out's if they are up 14-0....they'll score eventually...but when they don't, expect LaMont to make big plays in that timeframe..

Come on people, wakeup and smell the roses :D The OAK D forced NE to punt 8 times!!!! The super bowl champs by golly. If they can do that against the super bowl champs, chances are they will do better against lesser opponents. I would say Oakland will play better, and they're not always going to be playing from behind.

Come on people, wakeup and smell the roses :D  The OAK D forced NE to punt 8 times!!!! 

980972[/snapback]

LOL....not quite.

True, N.E. did punt 8 times, but it certainly was NOT because of the Raider D.

Poor execution on the part of the N.E. Offense missfiring. Brady himself on an after game interview admitted that. Typical 1st regular season game. Some good things, some bad things. It'll all begin to click more smoothly as the season goes along for every team.

But to say it was the Raiders D that forced N.E. to punt 8 times....well we must have been watching two completely different games.

LOL....not quite.

True, N.E. did punt 8 times, but it certainly was NOT because of the Raider D.

Poor execution on the part of the N.E. Offense missfiring. Brady himself on an after game interview admitted that. Typical 1st regular season game. Some good things, some bad things. It'll all begin to click more smoothly as the season goes along for every team.

But to say it was the Raiders D that forced N.E. to punt 8 times....well we must have been watching two completely different games.

980988[/snapback]

Yea, yea, everyone always says how they could of done things better. If Oakland's defense is that bad than NE should have easily put up 40 with mistakes and all.

Yea, yea, everyone always says how they could of done things better.  If Oakland's defense is that bad than NE should have easily put up 40 with mistakes and all.

980997[/snapback]

Aww c'mon Bombs Away. You did watch the game right? Tell me you don't really believe that it was the play of the Raiders D that forced N.E. to punt all 8 times?

Aww c'mon Bombs Away. You did watch the game right? Tell me you don't really believe that it was the play of the Raiders D that forced N.E. to punt all 8 times?

981140[/snapback]

I've been corrected...7 punts. Tell me big score what happened to Cory Dillion and the running game? I'm sure the NE offense screwed that up all game. I know its hard for you to give any credit to OAK D, but 7 punts are 7 punts.

We can sit here and guess all day, but bottom line is OAK will play again and we'll see how they do...next week KC.

I've been corrected...7 punts.  Tell me big score what happened  to Cory Dillion and the running game?  I'm sure the NE offense screwed that up all game.  I know its hard for you to give any credit to OAK D, but 7 punts are 7 punts. 

We can sit here and guess all day, but bottom line is OAK will play again and we'll see how they do...next week KC.

981364[/snapback]

They will lose to KC also. :D

I've been corrected...7 punts.  Tell me big score what happened  to Cory Dillion and the running game?  I'm sure the NE offense screwed that up all game.  I know its hard for you to give any credit to OAK D, but 7 punts are 7 punts. 

981364[/snapback]

he's right about the running game...I was about to bring that up...Dillon got shut down pretty much and got his TD's off the passing game moving down field..

too bad their D against the pass just sucks..

981364[/snapback]

From what I saw, the Raiders D only forced N.E. to punt 4 times. Now that's what I saw and is only my opinion. Others who watched the game may well have come up with a different interpretation, but that's what I saw.

The Run D indeed seems better. Moving to the 4-3 instead of continuing last years 3-4, must have helped. However, even with the switch to the 4-3 the Raiders D did not generate much of a pass rush. Brady sure had a lot of time to stand in the pocket and pick apart the Raiders secondary. Of course, the Raiders D was going up against one of the better O'Lines in the NFL.

The Raiders secondary was absolutely atrocious. Again one caveat, this was against one of the more complete Offensive units in the NFL and the Raiders had cleaned house over the off season and brought in a bunch of young players. Improvement should occur as the season progresses. How much improvement remains to be seen.

The Raiders O could be scary good and the only thing holding them back is the O'Line play when in Pass Protection, which for this game at least, was awful :D

Remember Porter was playing at less than 100% with his tender hammy and Curry was also playing at less than 100% coming back from his Achilles injury. Gabriel didn't even suit up, which unexpectedly put Whitted in a larger role than he would normally have. LaMont Jordan looked awesome and in my opinion, his effectiveness will only be limited by how the games unfold. Collins made smart decisions with the ball. He either threw it away or, for the most, part put it where only his guy(s) could get it. Maybe he focused on Moss too much, but once the rest of the WR's return to full strength, I don't think we'll see that as much. In short, while the Raiders O'Line play really disappointed me, I liked everything else I saw.

Summary of the D;

#1) Run Stopping = Yes

#2) Pass Rush = No

#3) Pass defense = No

Summary of the O;

#1) QB Play = Yes

#2) Run Game = Yes

#3) WR's = I give a passing grade with improvement expected

#4) O'line Pass Blocking = No (not against N.E.'s D anyway)

In short, for FF purposes, the Raiders skill players should post very nice numbers this year, especially in the passing game.

If you've got the Raiders D on any of your fantasy squads and your leagues scoring rules ding you for yards allowed or points scored, cut them immediately. There has to be better options available to you.

Edit:For Spelling

Edited by Big Score 1

my uneggspurt analysis would have to agree with bigscore on everything he said. thats the way i saw it too. defense gave brady like 12 seconds sometimes. ok, exaggerated a bit, but rovers could have completed passes in that time frame. the run d looked improved. we'll see in upcoming games how much. priest on tap next week. a jordan touchdown would have sealed a very good game. still as rb 2 material, i wasn't disappointed. i like that he was very active in the passing downs and should have been more. if they weren't force feeding it to moss in the second half, i believe he would have had even better numbers. collins should have hit him a few times when his wr's were covered.

Why gamble on someone like him with one's 3rd-round pick, when someone like Reggie Wayne might be available?

980437[/snapback]

Careful Swerski, your man-crush is showing....

What you saw last night is what you're going to get all season.  18 carries, 70 yards.  A few impressive runs, and alot of nadas.  Zack Crockett carrying the ball in the 2nd half while LaMont catches his breath and nurses his leg cramps.

I'm sure he'll score 6 or 7 TDs, and he may break one or two long runs on a draw play against the Chiefs or some other lame defensive team.

But any of you who drafted him high are going to be sorely disappointed.  :D

977988[/snapback]

Insert foot in mouth. Nice Defense huh? :D:D:D

C H I E F S CHIEFS CHIEFS CHIEFS :D

With that logic you can put Marshall Faulk, Eddie George, above them also.  You know cause they have had multiple 1000 yard rushing seasons.  Teams change, players change and some fall, some get better.  This year Jordan is gonna be better, but if you like Barlow more than Jordan go ahead and take him he's all yours.

980767[/snapback]

But unlike Faulk and George, Barlow is still under 30. Not a good comparison. :D

I agree that Jordan will put up better numbers than Barlow this season. But what evidence do you have that Jordan will be THAT much better? What has he ever done as a featured back? What makes you think that he'll be able to hold onto his starting job? He's never been good enough to beat out another back for a featured role, so he's automatically going to get 300 carries this year? Oh, and Jordan plays on an offense that's built around the pass and has a horrible defense that will ensure that Collins throws a lot in the 4th quarter. How's that supposed to put him in a higher tier than Barlow? Is Jordan in the same tier as Rudi and Dom now?

Edited by Bill Swerski

The Chiefs defense is nothing special.  The Jets offense was simply out of sync.

984141[/snapback]

At least you can feel good about being half right - the Jets offense was "out of sync," but much of that had to do with the Chiefs spending a good part of the day in Pennington's face. The Chiefs defense will prove to be much improved this year over the course of the season. Embarrassing the Jets was just a good first step!

Go Chiefs!