[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

LaMont Jordan Owners

Vet

• Replies 119
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Oh, and Jordan plays on an offense that's built around the pass and has a horrible defense that will ensure that Collins throws a lot in the 4th quarter.  How's that supposed to put him in a higher tier than Barlow?

984042[/snapback]

Yeah I heard that argument LAST year about Domanick Davis. :D

Edited by WaterMan

i hope thats all that game was but i'm a little more concerned.  pennington looked horrific.  cumar couldn't get it going, coles and mcareins were pedestrian at best.  i hope they get it figured out quick.

985106[/snapback]

Crisp, I actually think the WR's played a little better than you're pointing out....up until the point they actually had to catch the ball. :D

Seriously, they were in position to make a few plays that could have kept the Chiefs more honest, but they flat out failed to do so.

As I see it, the Chiefs were ready to play, the Jets were ambushed. And the balance of Kansas City on offense pretty much kept the entire ship sailing in the right direction.

But unlike Faulk and George, Barlow is still under 30.  Not a good comparison.  :D

I agree that Jordan will put up better numbers than Barlow this season.  But what evidence do you have that Jordan will be THAT much better?  What has he ever done as a featured back?  What makes you think that he'll be able to hold onto his starting job?  He's never been good enough to beat out another back for a featured role, so he's automatically going to get 300 carries this year?  Oh, and Jordan plays on an offense that's built around the pass and has a horrible defense that will ensure that Collins throws a lot in the 4th quarter.  How's that supposed to put him in a higher tier than Barlow?  Is Jordan in the same tier as Rudi and Dom now?

984042[/snapback]

You saw what Barlow did against STL defense right. Thats exactly what he did last season he might get a touchdown, but he won't play well enough to be my #2. Jordan although you're right he wasn't able to beat out a sure fire Hall of Famer you are right about that. What makes me think he will hold onto his starting job the fact that he runs hard, has vision and can catch out of the backfield. Oh yeah he can block too cause if I remember from watching the Jets he was in alot on third down in passing situations. I think he might be above Dom right now. Raiders are gonna win some games and the oppenents will have to respect the passing game where no one will respect Carr. Who do you like better Davis with no OL and no passing game. Or Jordan with a good running OL, and a deep passing game.

You saw what Barlow did against STL defense right.  Thats exactly what he did last season he might get a touchdown, but he won't play well enough to be my #2.  Jordan although you're right he wasn't able to beat out a sure fire Hall of Famer you are right about that.  What makes me think he will hold onto his starting job the fact that he runs hard, has vision and can catch out of the backfield.  Oh yeah he can block too cause if I remember from watching the Jets he was in alot on third down in passing situations.  I think he might be above Dom right now.  Raiders are gonna win some games and the oppenents will have to respect the passing game where no one will respect Carr. Who do you like better Davis with no OL and no passing game.  Or Jordan with a good running OL, and a deep passing game.

985785[/snapback]

So Jordan, who has never had a 100-carry season, is better than Dom Davis now? Would this be the same Lamont Jordan who was pulled in the 2nd half on Thursday because he was too tired to play? Is this the same Lamont Jordan who could never become a significant part of the Jets' offense, even when Curtis Martin was playing through a high ankle sprain? And is this the same Dom Davis that had over 1100 yds rushing, almost 600 yds receiving, and 14 TDs last season? (I don't remember Houston having a solid O-line or a stellar passing game last year, either.) :D

Jordan has upside because of the offense he plays in. In terms of raw talent, though, he's on the same level as Pittman, Barlow, Thomas Jones, etc. Jordan will put up decent #2 RB numbers, but to say that he's a better fantasy option than Dom Davis is just laughable. :D

if Jordan keeps getting 4-5 catches a game...I'll be thrilled by that almost by itself...

986806[/snapback]

were you the one in preseason who had lamont ranked in the top 10 of rbs? i thought it was, but i'm not sure. i'm going to jump on the bandwagon. i say top 10 for jordan. i thought he had a chance but now i think its even better. 5 recepts and he could have had 8-10 if collins wasn't locked on moss. not that i'm expecting those numbers all the time, just nice to know he will be used in that role.........alot. :dancinghighguygraemlin:

were you the one in preseason who had lamont ranked in the top 10 of rbs?  i thought it was, but i'm not sure.  i'm going to jump on the bandwagon.  i say top 10 for jordan.  i thought he had a chance but now i think its even better.  5 recepts and he could have had 8-10 if collins wasn't locked on moss.  not that i'm expecting those numbers all the time, just nice to know he will be used in that role.........alot.  :dancinghighguygraemlin:

986909[/snapback]

yea, I had him in my top 10 and then dropped him a bit after the Crockett talk..

But after week 1, I'll stand by my top 10 ranking....why not?...especially since people have JJ, KJ and McGahee there...why not Jordan?..at least in leagues that reward well for catching the ball out the backfield like mine does...

my league scoring for RB's are like this...

1 pt per 10 rush yds 5 pt bonus @ every 100 yds

2 pts per 10 rec/pass yds 10 pt bonus @ every 100 yds

1 pt per reception

rush TD's:

6 points

Plus 1 point for a RuTD of 10 to 29 Yds

Plus 2 points for a RuTD of 30 to 49 Yds

Plus 3 points for a RuTD of 50 to 99 Yds

pass/rec TD's:

9 points

Plus 1 point for a ReTD of 10 to 29 Yds

Plus 2 points for a ReTD of 30 to 49 Yds

Plus 3 points for a ReTD of 50 to 99 Yds

Ahhh the Sunday night game.....I tried getting tix for that game more than a month ago and the only tix availalbe were in the end zone nose bleed section for $75! A rip off! :D

in pt per recept leagues, he outscored james, portis, mcgahee, and a whole slew of others.  granted, it was against the patriots and there weak defense. :D  :D  :D

despite my sarcasm, i do think the pats linebackers are mediocre at best and teams will be able to run a bit on them this yr.

987224[/snapback]

agreed....but in this scoring system...even Thomas Jones was a top 15 player in my league overall when you look at the scoring...

so, if he is used as much as Jones was last year in the pass game, he should be a stud in my league...regardless of the TD vultures

15-59-1    :D

1001904[/snapback]

and 6 - 32 receiving!

In 1 pt per 10 yds rushing, receiving, receptions & 6 pt per TD - Jordan scored 20 points. Nothing to sneeze at from your #2.

The rushing yards are less than what I'd like to see and that is probably going to remain the case with Oaklands D. However, Jordan makes up for that shortfall by being involved in the passing game and the early reports of Crockett being the Goal Line vulture now seem unfounded.

and 6 - 32 receiving!

In 1 pt per 10 yds rushing, receiving, receptions & 6 pt per TD - Jordan scored 20 points. Nothing to sneeze at from your #2.

The rushing yards are less than what I'd like to see and that is probably going to remain the case with Oaklands D. However, Jordan makes up for that shortfall by being involved in the passing game and the early reports of Crockett being the Goal Line vulture now seem unfounded.

1001922[/snapback]

As far as the rushing yards go, he had about a 60 yard TD run called back on a holding call that was totally away from the play - i.e. not a hold that sprung him in any way. While we don't get credit for it, he still showed some moves and speed on that play. That hold could have been a no-call just as easily.

As far as the rushing yards go, he had about a 60 yard TD run called back on a holding call that was totally away from the play - i.e. not a hold that sprung him in any way. While we don't get credit for it, he still showed some moves and speed on that play. That hold could have been a no-call just as easily.

1001966[/snapback]

Yep, I saw that too. Nice burst at the line and then once in the clear, some speed to boot.

But I disagree on the hold being a possible no-call. Dude wrapped up the defender in a bear hug. A Ref sees that and it's a :D 100% of the time.

Yep, I saw that too. Nice burst at the line and then once in the clear, some speed to boot.

But I disagree on the hold being a possible no-call. Dude wrapped up the defender in a bear hug. A Ref sees that and it's a :D 100% of the time.

1001992[/snapback]

I'm not saying it wasn't a techincally a hold, but a ref could have just as easily no-called it since it was a away from the play. There's likely a hold of some sort on every play somewhere on the field and if the officials called every one, it'd be slow, slow, slow.. On this particular one, he did get his arm around the guy, but it didn't look like he really grabbed on to him.

It was discouraging to see as a Jordan owner that play called back when the hold was meaningless to the play.