[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

My Crock Pot is bigger than your Crock Pot

Chief Dick

Got the brisket on this morning. Just got done preparing my mop. Will start using it every hour starting in about 20 minutes.

Using a combo of apple wood, hickory, and mesquite. I'll use the apple early in the process to really get the sweet flavor embedded in the meat.

Ended up with a 15 pounder, so I should be done about 10 tonight. If my wife wasn't pregnant, I'd be a drunk sombitch by then.

:D likes smoked meats.

Edited by Chief Dick

Chief,

I always enjoy reading your BBQ exploits. This year I've decided to start in the crock pot for opening day (too much going on in C-bus today w/ the Longhorns in town). I'll be doing a 6 lb. prime rib for 9 hours tomorrow. In the crockpot w/ pepperoncini, onion, 2 Dos Equis, beef broth and a couple of TB of my dry rub. When cooked, you shred it up, put it on ciabatta bread, throw on the provolone and put it under the broiler for a couple of minutes. One of the best darn sammiches I've created (just too expensive to do frequently).

Have a great time at your BBQ. I'll be sure to keep track of the weekly Sunday menus hoping for some additional inspiration.....

Chief,

I always enjoy reading your BBQ exploits.  This year I've decided to start in the crock pot for opening day (too much going on in C-bus today w/ the Longhorns in town).  I'll be doing a 6 lb. prime rib for 9 hours tomorrow.  In the crockpot w/ pepperoncini, onion, 2 Dos Equis, beef broth and a couple of TB of my dry rub.  When cooked, you shred it up, put it on ciabatta bread, throw on the provolone and put it under the broiler for a couple of minutes.  One of the best darn sammiches I've created (just too expensive to do frequently).

Have a great time at your BBQ.  I'll be sure to keep track of the weekly Sunday menus hoping for some additional inspiration.....

980018[/snapback]

That sounds really good. Have to try that one Sunday.

If you're going to get your credit card out and you wish to buy a smoker/grill, I recommend you purchase what God himself actually uses:

http://www.biggreenegg.com/index.php?optio...ntpage&Itemid=1

979805[/snapback]

Do they actually make an electric version?

:D I almost posted something about the Big Green Egg when I read the smoker post, but I figured: "Nah, it's coming. Just wait."

EDIT: Oh, and schleprock, that sounds really tasty. I'm gonna have to try that recipe.

Edited by McNasty

Even though I did them last week, I'll be doing another crawfish boil on Sunday....and drinking plenty of good beer.

979325[/snapback]

Where, may I ask, are you finding crawfish this time of year? :D

Where, may I ask, are you finding crawfish this time of year?  :D

980235[/snapback]

Still catching our own here, but that'll only last a few more weeks. Most of the local lakes have healthy populations. 2-3 hours with the right gear and you can have hundreds. :D

I was wondering when you were going to show up.

I hope your crockpot is as big as a VW Bug.  :D

979366[/snapback]

Yes, I do have two, both inherited, the classic avacado (smaller one), and we have another thats not quite Dutch Oven size but close, call it a mini-Dutch oven. It's an older one as well " Oster" or something like that white w/ a glass top. I also make my big batches of Chili and Brunswick Stew with it as well.

Ah, life is good, football all day, wonderful meal, another game, at last at last it's time for some Football!