Sign in to follow this  
baddfish2

T.O. Auctioning NFC Championship Ring

Linked Here

I have to imagine the Eagles organization is going to frown heavily upon this move.

I once tried to buy a Rattlers championship ring that was being auctioned off on eBay but the auction never made its finish as the Rattlers management got eBay to pull down the auction.

T.O. says he's ready to move on and make amends...? I know the ring belongs to him and he helped to earn it along with the rest of the team, but this has just got to be another little slap in the face to the team I think.

He's got the money to donate, and the clout to hold fundraisers where people will make donations, what's the deal here...?

Although I see your point, I don't have any problem with Owens doing this. I heard an interview with Tra Thomas who said he would never where that ring. He said he would frame it or something. It is kind of like celbrating 2nd place. At least Owens is donating the proceeds to a worthy cause.

This doesn't bother me at all. At least he's not auctioning it for other reasons.... See O.J. and Lawrence Phillips.

lawrence phillips wasnt smart enough to auction his big8 championship ring. he sold it for around 50 bucks to the 5th pawn shop he walked into on the las vegas strip and that guy auctioned it off for about 1700.00.

A 2nd place ring sounds kinda ghetto anyway.

It would probably just end up in a junk drawer collecting dust. Might as well get some jingle for it. Especially for a good cause.

I wouldn't be surprised when there's an argument between TO and the Eagles about his contract, etc and he brings this up.

I'm amazed some people view this donation as anything but a positive thing.

That being said, I don't think TO is any different today than he was yesterday or he will be tomorrow --- but he got this one right.