[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Saints

Seahawk37

So is it safe to say were all Saints fans this week? I say these guys deserve a win after everything they've been through. No dis respect to Panthers and their fans but I would love to see a Saints Win.

So is it safe to say were all Saints fans this week? I say these guys deserve a win after everything they've been through. No dis respect to Panthers and their fans but I would love to see a Saints Win.

981597[/snapback]

NFL.com Joe Horn in this video. It's heartbreaking.

I hope they do. When LSU won last night all the fans in Baton Rouge went nuts. It does them good.

981597[/snapback]

I will be at the game and I certainly do NOT want them to win.... :D

I also feel bad for the Saints and their fans.... but not at the price of a Panthers win..... sorry.

I will be at the game and I certainly do NOT want them to win....  :D

I also feel bad for the Saints and their fans.... but not at the price of a Panthers win.....  sorry.

981654[/snapback]

You can sign on next week at Giants Stadium.

Tragedy either brings a team together, or tears them apart/wears them out. The Saints will come out and play with unbelievable emotion, or they will be physically and emotionally drained. It is very tough to predict these sorts of things. Historically, this team has been a bunch of chokers and quitters. But I look for them to play above their heads today. I still think the Panthers find a way to win the game though...

I don't feel the Saints "deserve" to win.

I do hope that the Panther fans step up and give them the ovation they deserve. I know it would make those players feel good, and would show good sportsmanship from the fans.

I remember being at Arrowhead the week the NFL resumed playing games after 9-11. The Chiefs were playing the Giants. When they introduced the Giants, the Kansas City fans gave them a long standing ovation, and you looked around and saw the emotion pouring out of people as we cheered for (out of respect) the Giants. In the paper the next day, the Giants players were in awe about the reception they got from us. And happy to hear it.

Once the game started, however, it was back to business.

I don't feel the Saints "deserve" to win.

I do hope that the Panther fans step up and give them the ovation they deserve. I know it would make those players feel good, and would show good sportsmanship from the fans.

I remember being at Arrowhead the week the NFL resumed playing games after 9-11. The Chiefs were playing the Giants. When they introduced the Giants, the Kansas City fans gave them a long standing ovation, and you looked around and saw the emotion pouring out of people as we cheered for (out of respect) the Giants. In the paper the next day, the Giants players were in awe about the reception they got from us. And happy to hear it.

Once the game started, however, it was back to business.

981710[/snapback]

I have to agree with the "Big Carnivore" Chief Dick here. The real world is the real world. And football is football. And in football, the Panthers mission today is to crush the Saints, and that is what they must do.........and will.

It's a sad state of affairs, the devastation and destruction in New Orleans. So much so to incorporate a football game into the arena of despair in New Orleans is ludicrous. While we, who have power, televisions, a game to go, etc...maybe its just me...but the Saints winning or losing has nothing to do with the spirit and courage the citizens of New Orleans has displayed. Their existence and hopes have nothing to do with the Saints and Panthers today...look at the video and look into those faces and think a Saints win will do something for them.....the human spirit was attacked by Katrina and possession and lives destroyed...but not their faith, determination and will to live and help their fellow neighbor. Today we remember the victims of 9/11/2001, the victims of Katrina and pay tribute to the many heroes, survivors and the human spirit to persist in the face of destruction.The Saints and Panthers game is and should be a separate issue and incorporation of the destruction, fears and despair in New Orleans stands alone..not on the hopes of a Saints win....which will not restore one building or put together one basket of food and water. We shouldn't make football a soother to human despair. :D

When LSU won last night all the fans in Baton Rouge went nuts

Not for nothin but LSU got outplayed last night drastically with the exception of a few really bad coaching calls by ASU. But I'm just hoarse and bitter today. :D

Nice words there Wizards.

I do think the game will bring some short term relief to some of the people that went through hell the past couple of weeks. Those fans know that the New Orleans Saints have much more on their minds than a football game. It will mean a lot to them that the Saints are going out there for them - to give them something to cheer about in the midst of dispair. As far as I'm concerned any kind action is of help.

Joe Horn and the other Saints players have been there directly or indirectly for the Katrina evacuees. The people of LA will know the Saints are playing for them. Regardless of the score at the end of the game, the people of LA will look at The Saints as THEIR TEAM. The Saints may drop the ball in today's game, but they didn't "drop the ball" when it came to reaching out to give a helping hand and caring heart to their neighbors. The New Orleans Saints are TRUE WINNERS.