[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Are the 49ers this years chargers?

cincy slammers

Nice first half, but they aren't that good. Kevan Barlow doesn't even have 5 yards rushing. The Rams have almost 100 more yards of offense.

This Arnaz Battle guy looks interesting...they have him running it, catching it, and he's even thrown a couple passes.

I was surprised at the Niners DEF, more than anything. Even last year, Rattay had good passing games. He actually scored points and got yards. Its just that the running game stunk and the DEF suffered too many injuries to play up to their middle-of-the-road potential.

If Rattay and the DEF can stay healthy, then the Niners are going to continue to surprise some people. However, the WRs will not continue to see the same kind of success *if* Eric Johnson can ever get healthy. He'll siphon off a good number of passes, which will be good for the Niners, but bad for Battle and Lloyd owners... assuming anyone will admit to owning Battle or Lloyd.

Nice first half, but they aren't that good. Kevan Barlow doesn't even have 5 yards rushing. The Rams have almost 100 more yards of offense.

This Arnaz Battle guy looks interesting...they have him running it, catching it, and he's even thrown a couple passes.

982944[/snapback]

Haha, I picked him up and dropped Kennison after yesterday. He's a former QB at Notre Dame, he might be throwing those balls more than one might think.

He'll siphon off a good number of passes, which will be good for the Niners, but bad for Battle and Lloyd owners... assuming anyone will admit to owning Battle or Lloyd.

984575[/snapback]

Laugh all you want, but both Lloyd and Battle blew out 2 of my WR starters (Hines Ward and Roy Williams combined for a whole 3 points!)

Regarding the defense, they were out there over 40 minutes, including holding the Rams to FG's when their back was against the wall.

I think it's safe to say that while they're probably not a playoff team, they'll play spoiler more than once this season.

Edited by electramax

what impressed me about the 49er performance was that they played aggressively from the start. They were able to out prepare, out coach and out hustle the Rams, but that might be more of an exploitation of an obvious weekness of the Rams (they have a poor DEF and ST, and can not be considered more than a fringe playoff team, while SEA should win the division with a 10-6 record, despite losing yesterday).

when the underdogs starts to believe in themself, then there is hope. the Rams needed to score TDs in the first half and not settle for 3 FGs, because that gave the 49ers hope, and with that, the willingness to take some chances and win the game.

it's a nice victory for a new coach, but the 49ers can't expect to win more than 6 games this year, even in a week conference with ARZ, STL and SEA.

We should see the rookie behind center by week 12 and starting a game or two down the stretch

Laugh all you want, but both Lloyd and Battle blew out 2 of my WR starters (Hines Ward and Roy Williams combined for a whole 3 points!) 

985022[/snapback]

Hey, I love the Niners, so I'm not laughing. But BEFORE yesterday's game, you'd be hard pressed to find anyone bragging about having Lloyd or Battle on their roster. Even so, I'd venture to say that most people who did draft either of those two had them on their bench yesterday.

Hey, I love the Niners, so I'm not laughing.  But BEFORE yesterday's game, you'd be hard pressed to find anyone bragging about having Lloyd or Battle on their roster.  Even so, I'd venture to say that most people who did draft either of those two had them on their bench yesterday.

985131[/snapback]

I slightly disagree as Lloyd is a quality WR on a bad team. He's likely to have 1000+ and 8ish TDs. Yesterday was as good a matchup as he'll get all season, so I don't think it would have been unreasonable for someone to have started him yesterday.

The Niners are bad. Don't let yesterday fool you. The Rams are horrible on the road, especially on grass. They will probably lose next week in Arizona as well.

As for SF, probably 2 more wins this year.

985022[/snapback]

I agree about Lloyd ... The guy is an athlete and is by far thier best receiver. You know you'll get some solid numbers with him - who else will they throw to? Bad teams have producers too...