[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Walker tears ACL

DMD

I'm not buying into the doomsday talk here. Did anyone notice how piss poor the rest of the teams in the NFC North looked today. 8-8 could easily take this division.

BTW, is this the fastest diagnosis of a torn ACL on record. Usually we have to wait until Tuesday for a definitive MRI. Seemed odd to me.

983388[/snapback]

Well, many NFL teams like to see what the MRI shows before they release injury information like this. However, this news is coming from head coach Mike Sherman. And as a trainer I can tell you it is very easy to detect an ACL tear if you can get to the injury quickly to perform the necessary tests before the joint fills with fluid (Lachman's, Anterior Drawer). Sometimes the injury is detectable with an X-ray (X-rays can't pick up ligament but if bone alignment isn't right it can mean ligament damage). My guess is the medical staff figured out the injury in the locker room and told Sherman and Sherman just decided to get it over and done with and notify the media.

Edited by Trainer_Phil

Maybe he should've held out for the big contract after all?  :D

983376[/snapback]

That's what I was thinking. Then again, it's not like it used to be, where players aren't the same after this injury. Look at those who've had it: Edge, Jamal (2X), and doubtless others I'm forgetting. And those two are running backs, who have to cut and put a lot more stress on those knees to begin with.

I'm not buying into the doomsday talk here. Did anyone notice how piss poor the rest of the teams in the NFC North looked today. 8-8 could easily take this division.

BTW, is this the fastest diagnosis of a torn ACL on record. Usually we have to wait until Tuesday for a definitive MRI. Seemed odd to me.

983388[/snapback]

Correct, but in all my years it has been extremely rare for a headcoach to say that an injury is worse than it really is on gameday. Can't say it hasn't happened before but almost always initially reports are just "a sprain until the MRI comes in" and you find out on WED. The fact that Sherman talks about the ACL is not a portend of a clean MRI to me...

Correct, but in all my years it has been extremely rare for a headcoach to say that an injury is worse than it really is on gameday. Can't say it hasn't happened before but almost always initially reports are just "a sprain until the MRI comes in" and you find out on WED. The fact that Sherman talks about the ACL is not a portend of a clean MRI to me...

983411[/snapback]

Oh, I agree that he's done. I just felt it odd that as soon as the post game press conference, he discolosed it publicly rather than call it a sprain and wait for the official MRI. Don't remember that ever happening.

That's what I was thinking.  Then again, it's not like it used to be, where players aren't the same after this injury.  Look at those who've had it: Edge, Jamal (2X), and doubtless others I'm forgetting.  And those two are running backs, who have to cut and put a lot more stress on those knees to begin with.

983405[/snapback]

Good point. But Edge and Jamal are two guys who are still wating for the big payday. At least partly b/c of those injuries, IMO.

983388[/snapback]

I think that is almost worse. Usually they have some hope until the "Tuesday MRI" or whatever. Sounds like this one is a done deal.

First off I would like to apologize to everyone. For the last three years I have been the kiss of death to th the first WR I select in my work draft. They either get hurt, or just quit performing.

And you guessed it Walker was my pick this year.

Damm :D Damm :D Damm :D Damm :D Damm

Javon Walker - WR, Green Bay Packers  09/11/05 

Packers WR Javon Walker suffered an ACL tear during Sunday's game against the Lions and according to head coach Mike Sherman he will miss the remainder of the 2005 season. The injury happened in the 3rd quarter when Walker was tackled by Lions cornerback Fernando Bryant after catching a deep pass.

Huddle Up: This is a tough blow for the Packers and for fantasy owners who have Walker on their roster. Donald Driver will now take over as the team's top WR and Robert Ferguson will move into the starting lineup and play as the number 2 receiver.

983356[/snapback]

Im so glad I took Favre as my top QB...Guess Im going to have to live with Byron Leftwich...ouch...