Sign in to follow this  
DMD

Walker tears ACL

Javon Walker - WR, Green Bay Packers 09/11/05

Packers WR Javon Walker suffered an ACL tear during Sunday's game against the Lions and according to head coach Mike Sherman he will miss the remainder of the 2005 season. The injury happened in the 3rd quarter when Walker was tackled by Lions cornerback Fernando Bryant after catching a deep pass.

Huddle Up: This is a tough blow for the Packers and for fantasy owners who have Walker on their roster. Donald Driver will now take over as the team's top WR and Robert Ferguson will move into the starting lineup and play as the number 2 receiver.

Of course he did ... he was my number 1 WR in my local .... where I only drafted 4 WRs (we start 3)

Walker

SSmith

Housh

Calico

Wow! The Packers were going to suck even with Walker. This just makes it worse...

Wow!  The Packers were going to suck even with Walker.  This just makes it worse...

983360[/snapback]

:D

Knee injury may sideline Walker for season

Journal Interactive

Posted: Sept. 11, 2005

Green Bay Packers wide receiver Javon Walker appears to have suffered a tear in the anterior cruciate ligament of his right knee when he went down with an injury in the third quarter of the Packers' 17-3 loss to the Lions, Packers head coach Mike Sherman said in his post-game news conference. If so, the injury would likely sideline the Pro Bowl wide receiver for the rest of the season.

"It's ACL, as I understand," said Sherman. "You really can't make a determination on that until you get an MRI on that tomorrow. But, he certainly was not able to come back in this ball game - and I doubt anytime in the near future."

Walker was hurt when he caught a 55-yard pass - negated by a pass-interference call on him - and was tackled by safety Terrence Holt.

When Sherman was asked if the injury Walker suffered was likely season-ending, Sherman replied: "Most of the time."

As Walker lay on the turf, he grabbed his right knee. After trainers attended to him for a few minutes, he gingerly walked toward the bench. He was later taken to the locker room on a cart, once shaking his head from side to side.

Walker had four receptions for 27 yards when he left the game.

This hurts me in Primetime...and Outraged with Favre as my #1 only backed up by Carr....I'm hurtin fer certain.

Yup, this is confirmed.

Walker has already undergone an MRI but there is a chance it won't show much if there is swelling in his joint (usually there is this soon after an injury like this). At this point the Packers medical staff are waiting to see how they will proceed in terms of the type of surgery needed to fix the problem. But for OUR purposes Walker is indeed done for the season.

Edited by Trainer_Phil

Besides the injury to Javon, the 'Pack looked horrible today. The offense really looked out of sorts.

Could be a long year for Packer fans.

Besides the injury to Javon, the 'Pack looked horrible today. The offense really looked out of sorts.

Could be a long year for Packer fans.

983370[/snapback]

:D

But for OUR purposes The Packers are indeed done for the season.

983369[/snapback]

fixed

he will miss the remainder of the 2005 season

983356[/snapback]

:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D

And how could I forget :D:D:D:D:yay:

Ouch. I've got him in 4 leagues. Then again, watching the Pack against the Lions today, I'm probably not losing much. Ugly. :woof:

I'm not buying into the doomsday talk here. Did anyone notice how piss poor the rest of the teams in the NFC North looked today. 8-8 could easily take this division.

BTW, is this the fastest diagnosis of a torn ACL on record. Usually we have to wait until Tuesday for a definitive MRI. Seemed odd to me.