[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Colts-Ravens thoughts

Glabra

- This 10-0 lead seems like about 45-0 givens the Ravens 'offense'.

- What could Jamal do in a real offense?

- Indy's pitching a shutout and have looked stout vs the run. :D

- Stop feeding Edge, Peyton :D

983547[/snapback]

Looks to me like the Ravens defense came out all jacked up in the first half and now they are spent in the second half!

When, oh when, are the Colts going to use a blocking fullback. James Freakin' Mungro as a lead blocker on 4th-and-1 against the Ravens? Are you kidding me?! IIRC, they had one on their roster (Tom Loepinski?) a couple years ago. They're going to need to establish a running game in December/January. As recent history has shown us, the strategy that they used to beat the Ravens last night isn't going to work in Foxboro or Pittsburgh in January.

And, my God, Corey Simon looks like he's ready to challenge Ted Washington for the "Fattest D-Lineman" title. :D

I thought the COLTS would win but almost get a shut out?!?

The Ravens "D" looked worn out in the 2nd half.

Corey Simon looks like a difference maker. :D

Manning probably won't get his 45+ TD's but 35+ is looking

very probable....and so does another MVP award. :D

Colts actually have a defense?!? :D

Or are the RAVENS that bad on ""O"?!?!

Colts will have a nice test at home vs. the JAGS.

GO COLTS!!!

When, oh when, are the Colts going to use a blocking fullback.  James Freakin' Mungro as a lead blocker on 4th-and-1 against the Ravens?  Are you kidding me?!  IIRC, they had one on their roster (Tom Loepinski?) a couple years ago.  They're going to need to establish a running game in December/January.  As recent history has shown us, the strategy that they used to beat the Ravens last night isn't going to work in Foxboro or Pittsburgh in January.

984381[/snapback]

The Colts talked about bringing in a blocking fullback after last year, and brought in a guy named J.T. Snow in the off-season. He was cut after fumbling twice in the pre-season finale, and they actually never really used him in a "slam ahead" fullback role. I agree, they need somebody. A couple years ago they were using Dallas Clark in that role, but they haven't done that lately.

And, my God, Corey Simon looks like he's ready to challenge Ted Washington for the "Fattest D-Lineman" title.  :D

984381[/snapback]

last year: Jamal Lewis 20 carries 130 yards

last night: Jamal Lewis 16 carries 48 yards

'nuff said

IMO, there are only 2 QB's who would not have either taken a sack or thrown an interception against the Ravens last night.

That defense is going to win them up to 8 games this year. Now, can their offense squeeze 2 more out to get to 10-6???

That's the question in my mind.

Was it me, or did the Ravens' O-line look horrible last night?  Pourous.  Committed too many penalties (Ogden specificlaly).  Got their QB killed.  Didn't run-block well at all, as Lewis was stopped at the LOS or in the backfield a number of times.

985295[/snapback]

My favorite were the two plays in a row where Freeney went unblocked. He flattened down the line and dropped Lewis for a short loss on the first one, and on the second he absolutely BURIED Lewis in the backfield. Freeney forced two false starts and a holding call on Ogden. Funny how having two defensive linemen to worry about results in Larry Tripplett having two sacks. . .

I agree gil, the Ravens defense is VERY VERY VERY good. I couldn't believe the shifting right before the snap. I'm glad the Colts got them early in the season before it really starts clicking.

Edgerrin was a beast last night. All of his yards had to come after contact.

Was it me, or did the Ravens' O-line look horrible last night?  Pourous.  Committed too many penalties (Ogden specificlaly).  Got their QB killed.  Didn't run-block well at all, as Lewis was stopped at the LOS or in the backfield a number of times.

985295[/snapback]

Yeah, they looked terrible until Wright stepped in. Freeney has gotten so far into Ogden's head that it's downright funny. They double-team Freeney with a TE and Ogeden's still jumping offside. :D

I agree gil, the Ravens defense is VERY VERY VERY good.  I couldn't believe the shifting right before the snap.  I'm glad the Colts got them early in the season before it really starts clicking.

Edgerrin was a beast last night.  All of his yards had to come after contact.

985310[/snapback]

I've been thinking about the previous post for a while...about the Colts goaline formation...and while it's a fad, couldn't they put an athlete out there like Cato June, who goes about 235 to be a banger for Edge??? It makes sense to me.

Edge was very smooth last night IMO. He'll still not get the TD's a #1 guy should, but they should try to shore up that part of the gameplan.

Now, as far as the Colts' D. Good for one game...against an offense that was struggling, 3 missed field goals, and a passing game that didn't stretch past 10 yards until Boller got hurt.

The jury is still out, but there is no doubt they are improved.

I've been thinking about the previous post for a while...about the Colts goaline formation...and while it's a fad, couldn't they put an athlete out there like Cato June, who goes about 235 to be a banger for Edge??? It makes sense to me.

Edge was very smooth last night IMO. He'll still not get the TD's a #1 guy should, but they should try to shore up that part of the gameplan.

Now, as far as the Colts' D. Good for one game...against an offense that was struggling, 3 missed field goals, and a passing game that didn't stretch past 10 yards until Boller got hurt.

The jury is still out, but there is no doubt they are improved.

985334[/snapback]

Yeah, I'm not going to get too excited. It was Baltimore's offense. But it was the running D that pleased me the most. Plus they were missing Mike Doss, Montae Reagor, and Marlin Jackson, three guys who will probably be starters.

My favorite were the two plays in a row where Freeney went unblocked.  He flattened down the line and dropped Lewis for a short loss on the first one, and on the second he absolutely BURIED Lewis in the backfield.  Freeney forced two false starts and a holding call on Ogden.  Funny how having two defensive linemen to worry about results in Larry Tripplett having two sacks. . .

985307[/snapback]

Well, for Lewis owners, I guess it's a good thing he dosen't face the Colts every week. Let's see, who do the Ravens play next week? Oh, just the Titans. Whew! Based on the beating Willie Parker put on the Titans in week 1, hopefully Lewis will bounce back in Week 2. And the Colts's DEF can go on to molest someone else in Week 2. Who do they play again? Oh yeah, the Jags.

<note to self: bench Fred Taylor in Week 2>

Didn't get back from the game until 2:00 am. Didn't come out of total shock until a few minutes ago. Still can't believe it.

The Good

Well, Matt Stover is very relia........ frack.

Uh, Clarence Moore led the Ravens in TD last...... feldercarb.

Hmm, Uhhhh, sheet.

Actually, Boller looked almost ready for mediocrity. The one INT was totally on Moore as the ball hit him in the numbers. Key drops, penalties and screw ups let the Colts drive the nail in the coffin.

The Bad

Won't go into too much here as most belongs in ugly. Penalties. Too many at very bad times. Stop on 3rd down, long runback.

Dropped INTs. Reed dropped one that he usually gets. McAllister (punk) dropped an INT that would have made it 7-0. He's still a bone head who hardly has his head in the game.

The Ugly

Ravens fans at the east end zone. Booed when Boller got hurt. Everyone was ready for a switch, but you don't boo when a guy is hurt. Classless. :D

Playcalling. Horrible. I imagine it is like that so they don't confuse Kyle. Switch the QB, not the plays.

Congrats to the Colts. Way above us this year. I would really like to say that their D has turned a corner, but we are so God awful on offense, I'd hate to give a false positive.

Good luck winning it all this year Colts fans (seriously). You guys have waited enough.

Ravens DST in the 2nd half just flaked-out! Freeney made Ogden look ridiculous - the big man was constantly flat-footed. Indy finally figured out how to beat the Ravens dst, by exploiting Deion "I'm not prime time anymore" Sanders - Boy was that guy slow .... what is he still doing playing?

I thought the COLTS would win but almost get a shut out?!?

The Ravens "D" looked worn out in the 2nd half.

Or are the RAVENS that bad on ""O"?!?!

985172[/snapback]

If the Ravens had any semblance of an OFF that actually, say, scored, it would give more energy to their DEF in the latter part of the game. They held Peyton to ZERO TD's and pretty much zilch yardage in the first half, but what'd it get them? Nothing on their scoreboard that's for sure. The whole BAL Team DEF needs to have "sit down" with Stover. A little hazing can sometimes be motivational...