Sign in to follow this  
crypticfball

trade Horn for LJ?

The Javon Walker owner in my league has offered Larry Johnson for Joe Horn. See my roster below. It sure would be nice to get LJ on my roster given I've got Holmes.

Should I make this deal this early in the season? Seems like a good idea at this point. There are a few serviceable WR's on the waiver wire and I'd be left with Harrison, C. Chambers, & Ro. Williams as my top 3....

:D

The Javon Walker owner in my league has offered Larry Johnson for Joe Horn. See my roster below. It sure would be nice to get LJ on my roster given I've got Holmes.

Should I make this deal this early in the season? Seems like a good idea at this point. There are a few serviceable WR's on the waiver wire and I'd be left with Harrison, C. Chambers, & Ro. Williams as my top 3....

:D

984188[/snapback]

I think I would pull the trigger on this one.

Edited by 9ersdude

I think it's too much to give. Horn is a legitimate #1 wr and Priest will probably not get hurt with LJ subbing for him. Maybe package a wr/rb for him like Chambers/C.Brown????

That was my thinking but he already rejected my counter offer of C. Chambers and Bettis. He's looking for one legit WR.

984223[/snapback]

Don't give up Horn yet for him. That's just too much. But you'd have to offer better than Bettis along with Chambers. If you haven't already, try to show that you're not that interested in LJ. You may have to wait a week or two but LJ will probably come back to earth from an 11 ypc game.

Edited by dingos

look at it this way ... you probably would not start holmes and johnson and you are not going to bench holmes. therefore, for several weeks, you would be taking a #1 receiver out of your line-up so johnson can sit on your bench.

if holmes goes down, different story.

tony

I was very surpriseed by LJ's performance - if you could answer the question of "will it continue" then there would be scrambling all over the league. I guess we will find out with Oak. they should play a little better Def.

Must say that I haven't seen this senario play out before - really interesting.