[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Brandon Jacobs inquiry

Rectum Fire

I drafted Brandon Jacobs as my last RB, on a flyer based on something I read here at The Huddle. I didn't start him, but I see he scored. My first thought was that he saw some mop up action when the game was well in hand. However, after checking the boxscore, I see he got the ball in the 3rd quarter while the Giants were trailing the Cards.

Can anybody give me some insight and foresight as to how Jacobs was/will be used? Strictly goal line? Spelling Barber? A combination of the two? One week "wonder"?

Thanks!!

I don't see him getting more than 5-10 carries per game at this point. Basically just to spell Barber and may take a few goal-line carries inside the 5. He is a quicker version of Ron Dayne. Dayne was constantly getting pushed back for a loss on those crucial 3rd and 1's and we needed someone who could get into that hole quick. Jacobs looks like he could very well be that guy.

From a FF standpoint keep him on the end of your bench if you have the available spot and monitor Tiki's health. Other than that I'd say the Giant offense just isnt good enough yet to try and plug him in as an RB2 in hopes of getting goal-line TD's ala Jerome Bettis. I'd love for the Giants to prove me wrong on that one though

Combination of short yardage situations and just spelling Tiki in general.

Definitely not a one-week wonder - he's a beast. I've got both of them and still think Tiki will have a good year and at least be a solid #2 back - but he'll lose a lot of touches and TD's to this guy.

The Giants are VERY high on this kid. He'll be the short yardage/goal line back as well as getting touches to give Tiki a breather. 7-10 carries a game is probably about right, and it does look like he'll get plenty of looks inside the 5yd line if he keeps converting. Coughlin loves him. The Giants have been looking for this kind of back for YEARS now. If Tiki ever went down, he'd be a nice backup to have. We don't know how he'd look with 20 carries a game, but he's been a solid addition to the offense thus far.

As a Giants fan, I LOVE Jacobs, have him on my team, and expect he'll see an increased workload throughout the season, as he continues to punish defenders with his freakish size/speed combo (he also showed a nasty, fiery attitude on the field yesterday that you just gotta love). Jacobs will primarily be used in short-yardage and goal-line situations, and will likely get a decent amount of TDs this season, simply in that role. But, with his size, speed and ability to catch the ball out of the backfield, you might see him used in a more expanded role, which could take even more touches away from Tiki.

One point worth noting is that, at the moment, the Giants have another RB -- Derrick Ward -- listed as their #2 RB, with Jacobs as #3. The depth chart obviously doesn't mean that much, but Ward is a pretty good back in his own right (4 rushes, 23 yds yesterday), and has earned some playing time as someone who can help keep Tiki fresh ... he's also probably a better blocker in the backfield than Jacobs at this point (picking up blitzes, etc).

So, at least for now, Ward will be the guy they'll use to spell Tiki -- Jacobs is the short-yardage/goal line back. In my opinion, Jacobs will continue to develop this year, and ultimately form the Thunder & Lightning combo w/Tiki the Giants were looking for when they drafted Dayne (aside from the #s on their jersey, there simply is no comparison between Dayne and Jacobs).

Whether or not the Giants offense will put up enough pffensive numbers to go around, and keep fantasy owners of both players happy, remains to be seen.

Jacobs is BEAST...and fast as hell (4.4-40). Not only that, but he loves contact and if he's rolling on a smaller LB or DB, watch out. As seen in the game yesterday, Jacobs will be used in short yardage situations all over the field, including the goal line. He made the most of those opportunities yesterday. His six carries went as follows:

1. 3-1-NYG28 (11:35) B.Jacobs left tackle to NYG 35 for 7 yards (A.Wilson, R.Griffith).

Result: 1st down

2. 3-1-NYG44 (10:06) B.Jacobs right end pushed ob at ARZ 35 for 21 yards (R.Griffith).

Result: 1st down

2-4-ARI5 (12:20) B.Jacobs right tackle for 5 yards, TOUCHDOWN.

Result: TD

3-1-NYG31 (3:25) B.Jacobs right tackle to NYG 31 for no gain (R.Davis, O.Huff).

Result: Punt

2-1-ARI16 (12:15) B.Jacobs up the middle to ARZ 13 for 3 yards (C.Okeafor).

Result: 1st down, next play 13 yd TD to Burress

1-10-NYG42 (5:00) B.Jacobs left guard to NYG 45 for 3 yards (A.Wilson, D.Dockett).

Result: Umm...2nd down. :D

Jacobs will definitely see between 5-10 touches a game, possibly more if the offense really gets rolling. I expect to see more of the same next week vs. the Saints.

The team loves this kid. The fans love this kid. I love this kid. You should too because from a fantasy perspective, he makes a great backup and bye-week filler. He's even more valuable in keeper/dynasty leagues.

Jacobs will definitely see between 5-10 touches a game, possibly more if the offense really gets rolling.  I expect to see more of the same next week vs. the Saints.

The team loves this kid.  The fans love this kid.  I love this kid.  You should too because from a fantasy perspective, he makes a great backup and bye-week filler.  He's even more valuable in keeper/dynasty leagues.

985319[/snapback]

As a Giant fan, I agree 100% :D

The team loves this kid.  The fans love this kid.  I love this kid.  You should too because from a fantasy perspective, he makes a great backup and bye-week filler.  He's even more valuable in keeper/dynasty leagues.

985319[/snapback]

Is he more reliable than a Viking's RB with the initials MM?