[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Did Chargers lose because they benched Gates?

Randall

They could have used Gates in that situation, but to me it was horrendous play selection that cost the Bolts the game at the end. Four downs in a row without the best RB in the game touching the ball is just inexcusable in that situation!!! :D

No my Cowboys are clearly the superior team, and Bledsoe will be the league MVP this year.  Of course they screwed up, with Gates, and play calling.

985068[/snapback]

Wow, I actually agreed with a Cowboyz Fan :D:D

Edited by NSab

The question is-- Would they've had a better chance of winning with Gates in there?

I think we all know the answer to that question.

The Chargers handled the Gates situation stupidly and got what they deserved.

I also agree with this: "Four downs in a row without the best RB in the game touching the ball is just inexcusable in that situation!!!"

Gates probably would have hauled it in at the last series, but then again, there were other opprotunities to put the game away (like THE personal foul - and the lack of defensive stand after that; the pooched punt) that you can't really place the blame on any one series like that. They should have put away the pitiful cowboys much earlier.

If it comes down to one sereies, it really was a lot of other things along the way.

I was there ... :D:D

They could have used Gates in that situation, but to me it was horrendous play selection that cost the Bolts the game at the end. Four downs in a row without the best RB in the game touching the ball is just inexcusable in that situation!!!  :D

985038[/snapback]

Thanks, I didn't see the game.

As for the suspension I think they took a hard stand because teams often make threats(as do players) and don't follow through. Someone has to get players to pay attention, but I think in his case they should have given him a little more time.

I'm not blaming anyone, just trying to get opinions. Mine is stated above.

The Chargers handled the Gates situation stupidly and got what they deserved. 

I also agree with this:  "Four downs in a row without the best RB in the game touching the ball is just inexcusable in that situation!!!"

985082[/snapback]

It's not just that. But without Gates, the Chargers didn't pass to LT2. He didn't have one reception all game! I found that flabbergasting. You're already down your stud receiving TE, so you exclude one of the best-catching RBs out of the game, as well. I don't get it. :D Especially in the red zone.

No my Cowboys are clearly the superior team, and Bledsoe will be the league MVP this year.  Of course they screwed up, with Gates, and play calling.

985068[/snapback]

Hmmm Bledsoe MVP, that has the makings of a sigline bet but I won't make to stand by your words. Not me.

Guest THEbigred
They could have used Gates in that situation, but to me it was horrendous play selection that cost the Bolts the game at the end. Four downs in a row without the best RB in the game touching the ball is just inexcusable in that situation!!!  :D

985038[/snapback]

Four? Is that all you counted?? I don't think I saw him once that entire last drive, plus change? WTH???????