[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

What an awful game by McNabb

Tega

He was hurting all night since he got speared in the first half.

His ribs are definately hurting, probably get a Trainer Phil update tomorrow.

Edited by NSab

Speared, are you insinuating the play was a dirty hit on your precious QB. he got crunched forward and backwards.

I won't insinuate it, I will come straight out and say it. He led with his helmet, which is supposed to be against the rules.

What pissed me off more than anything tonight was the clear move of the Falcons to get Trotter ejected before the game. All it took was one look at Jim Mora's face when he was told what happened to know it was a setup. No look of concern over what happened or losing his own player. Just an ear-to-ear smile. Class act.

Just an ear-to-ear smile. Class act.

That's the way he usually is. :D

McNabb looked like Athena, cause TO wasnt wide open. Hats off to D Hall for the blanket coverage most of the night, holding that loud mouth out of the endzone for 1st time in 7 monday night games.

Yeah McNabb couldn't do that high school bomb all night like he could in preseason.

Vick was speared in the NFC Championship game, but he ran into and played on.

Where was McNabb's runs?    That's what made him so good.    He can't even move to get in a better position to pass.

McNabb - had terrible throws throughout the game.

985909[/snapback]

I think it is the chunky soup issue, with the emphasis on CHUNKY, he is getting a double chin for goodness sake.

You obviously have no clue about football.  You cant spear a player in the chest.  That is where your helmet is suppose to be on a perfect tackle, that is learned back in pee wee football.  Leading with your head on a player in the back, or head even knee is sprearing.  Not hitting the QB in the chest and driving his ass in the ground.  That play wasnt dirty or illegal, and McNabb better get used to it when Dallas comes to town.  Roy blitzing from one end and D Ware from the other, he is going to get crunched that week too.  I dont want to hear any excuses when it happens, cause its going to happen.

Philly fans -  :doah:

If trotter had any self control he would have been playing.  That had nothing to do with the loss, and if Bird fans are using that as an excuse, you will have a different one your next loss.  After these next couple of cupcakes on the schedule that is.  I don;t get that, they make the NFC title game and SB the last 4 yrs and have one of the softest non division schedules in the NFL.

986758[/snapback]

Incorrect.

Leading with the crown of your helmet is spearing regardless of where you hit the player.

I missed that particular play, so I don't know if McNabb was speared or not. But the spearing rule has nothing to do with where you hit the opposing player.

Next! :D

:D Don't make me come down to your dojo and spear you, Corky.

Bottom line, Falcons won. They played well, and the Eagles looked flat-- especially on that final drive, with a little over three minutes to play-- more shades of the SuperBowl.

Mad props to DeAngelo Hall, I was really hoping the Eagles would draft him last year, and now, more than ever. The kid has got the goods. Putting him on an island against TO all night and holding him to what: 7 of 17? Unbelievable! Mora, Jr is doing great things with that Def, which will help take a lot of pressure off Vick, who, IMNSHO, remains completely unworthy of all the hype and sack-dangling. He is a good athlete, but a pretty lousy QB.

Oh, and as much of a farce as it seems to me, Trots getting booted happened, so I can cry about it if I want to :D but it won't do much good. Sure as sugar, it meant the game. Some of those mammoth creases that Dunn found his way through, almost certainly would not have been as big if he was on the field. The Eagles are still way too vulnerable to runs Off Tackle, especially with no Trotter.

And spearing, from what I recall of the NFL Rules, is spearing, no matter what body part you are targeting. I had this self-same argument with one of my best buds last night (who is also a loathsome fan of the unmentionable TEXAS, OUR TEXAS, OH HAIL THE MIGHTY STATE, TEXAS OUR TEXAS, SO WONDERFUL AND GREAT... dynasty, despite some of his better qualities). Anybody care to straighten me out on this?

I think Trotter getting kicked out of the game hurt the Eagles, especially with Vick on the run.

Yes, it annoyed me when I saw the Falcons smiling when Trotter got kicked out (could very well have planned it), but the blame is all on Trotter. Lack of discipline. Dang, I'm so POed at him.

Does McNabb understand there are other receivers on his team?  Seemed like he was forcing it to TO all night even though DeAngelo Hall pretty much owned him most of the night.

986778[/snapback]

That's what I was thinking. Very unlike McNabb too. He's the poster-child of spreading the ball around. Weird game. Owens had 7 receptions but was thrown to 19 times!