[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Byron Leftwich Listed as "One Week Wonder"?

Primetime9287

Two different writer's opinions there.

With the new offense that has been installed, I can't see how he's a one week wonder, either. This week will be further proof that he can put up some juicy stats.

986472[/snapback]

Oh ok. I didn't pay attention to who wrote the stories. Whichever said he was a one week wonder must be hanging out with Ricky.

Are we talking about the same QB here?

--Leftwich had four good games last year and they were against the league's worst secondaries (KC, IND, GB, CHI). The rest of his starts were pretty much junk (0-1 TD).

--I don't believe he's ever had a 3 TD game.

--He posted some solid stats Sunday at home against an NFC West opponent.

--He'll face a much-improved Colts defense on the road this week.

We'll see how it shakes out, but Leftwich needs to string together a few solid games before he makes a believer out of me.

a much improved D that Boller and Wright threw for over 300 yds against.... :D  He may have some success there.

986538[/snapback]

Lets keep in mind that most that yardage came in the second half when Balt. was down by 17 and had all but abandoned the run.

Lets keep in mind that most that yardage came in the second half when Balt. was down by 17 and had all but abandoned the run.

986551[/snapback]

Yeah I know....I hope he continues his success though.

I totally disagree with the 1 week wonder moniker that Leftwich was given. I'm not saying he will be a top 5 QB, because he won't, but he is a solid starter most weeks and will put up some big performances from time to time.

he looked good in the game last weekend. The Jags seem to be determined to open up the offense this year...they have to do this to compete when they get behind. Jax started out in the shotgun on the first series last Sunday and he looked very decisive and comfortable. I would look for more or the same this week vs. Indy. I have heard Del Rio emphasize starting out quickly many times.

Oh ok.  I didn't pay attention to who wrote the stories.  Whichever said he was a one week wonder must be hanging out with Ricky.

986494[/snapback]

DMD had him with 270 yds and 3 TD's I think. This is what he said.

Quarterback: So far the hot draft pick in 2003 has spent two seasons hovering around 3000 yards and 15 touchdowns but this new offense promises to make better use of that cannon arm on Byron Leftwich. He's already decreased the errors of his rookie year by throwing only ten interceptions last year and been good for two rushing scores a season as well. The third year could be the charm for Leftwich who now has the receivers to make things happen and the scheme to let them occur far down field.

986551[/snapback]

160+ yards came in the fourth quarter with the Colts in prevent. On the last drive the Colts had back-up secondary in.

I admit, the 'one week wonder' tag made me double take as well... Yes Lefty hasn't been spectacular by any means up till now... but lots of people, including DMD, have been expecting the 'next step' from him this year. He's got some legit WR's, and a canon arm. A down the field approach on offense certainly won't hurt. He won't post Manning/Bulger numbers on a consistent basis, but he could definitely be a solid QB2, with some big weeks in the right matchups. I don't see 'one week wonder' at all myself. I see a young QB with talent, some good wideouts, and the potential for excellent numbers from time to time.

How did everyone who started Leftwich like their 8 point performance?

1002859[/snapback]

It happens. How did Peyton's and Daunte owners like their performances? Been a weird year. Even the consistent Brady didn't do well.

You always hope when it does happen players will pick up and get you wins anyway. Cadillac did that.

Edited by Randall