[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Tie-breaker

bluedog

12 team head-to-head league. no rules about tie-breakers. I am not a Commish. Of course after week 1, we have a tie. I am not involved in the tie.

Commish says tie because "there are ties in football."

I think we should put this to a vote about how to resolve ties going forward (using bench pts.) or do we leave things as they are?

what say you?

Of course, next year, there'll be a tie-breaker in the league rules before the season starts. :D

12 team head-to-head league.  no rules about tie-breakers.  I am not a Commish.  Of course after week 1, we have a tie.  I am not involved in the tie. 

I think we should put this to a vote about how to resolve ties going forward (using bench pts.) or do we leave things as they are?

what say you?

Of course, next year, there'll be a tie-breaker in the league rules before the season starts. :D

986515[/snapback]

Highest scoring player...

12 team head-to-head league.  no rules about tie-breakers.  I am not a Commish.  Of course after week 1, we have a tie.  I am not involved in the tie. 

what say you?

986515[/snapback]

Tie breakers should no doubt be put in place before the season starts. Since there is no rule in place this weeks tie needs to stay. I think the rule has to start next year since you had a tie already. If you change the rules now and not allow ties it may be unfair to the 2 teams that had a tie this week and it could effect season standings at the end of the year.

If I was in your league I'd propose that for this season, all reg season ties stay just as ties.  Next season you can propose a rule change but it's too late for this season.

However, you must address, right now, what will happen in the playoffs in the event of a tie.  You can't let it wait until it happens.

986531[/snapback]

This was my advice too, but he stole it.