Sign in to follow this  
whomper

Trent Green Owners

Is there enough offense to go around on that team for Green to put up good fantasy numbers? I think if they can run the way they did week 1 and their Defense is as improved as they looked week 1 it may be a long year for anyone counting on Trent Green. A team would love nothing more than to run the ball especially if that teams Defense has traditionally been a weak point. Opinions?

Is there enough offense to go around on that team for Green to put up good fantasy numbers? I think if they can run the way they did week 1 and their Defense is as improved as they looked week 1 it may be a long year for anyone counting on Trent Green. A team would love nothing more than to run the ball especially if that teams Defense has traditionally been a weak point. Opinions?

989048[/snapback]

What comes to mind is the 8 rushing TD game last year... where Trent didnt throw a single one.

He still ended up top 10 QB though. I am not worried. He is very efficient and will find the endzone.

What comes to mind is the 8 rushing TD game last year... where Trent didnt throw a single one.

He still ended up top 10 QB though. I am not worried. He is very efficient and will find the endzone.

989056[/snapback]

I agree....in our league, Green threw 0's (pts) for weeks 1 & 2 last year. He ended up being a Top 5 QB in the league. Yes, the running game looks improved w/ a healthy Holmes and now Johnson looking strong. I'm not sold on the KC defense,so I think Green will have a lot of times where he needs to throw to keep them in the game. He'll be fine.

989056[/snapback]

There will be games Trent gets a goose egg in the td column, yes .... but last year his average pass attempt did not go up a great deal after the Holmes injury.

His attempt average the first 8 games (with Holmes) 32.875 and the last 8 was 36.625.

If KC has one of the toughest running schedules and while they have a great running game, even last year Green had an average of 33 passing attempts each game. He also had 3 games of 3 passing td's before Holmes went down.

I don't see the Chiefs only running the ball into the end zone. It would be too predictable for opposing D's to know what they will do. Of course, I am hoping for some points out of Green so maybe I am a little bias.

I never understood how he was a top QB with that rushing attack. But this year I finally gave in and took him in a couple leagues. So far I'm still wondering how he has and how he will be top 5 QB. 200 yards and no TDs is not helping me.

I never understood how he was a top QB with that rushing attack.  But this year I finally gave in and took him in a couple leagues.  So far I'm still wondering how he has and how he will be top 5 QB.  200 yards and no TDs is not helping me.

989529[/snapback]

Glad I got Green and Priest. Hopefully that will get me 2/3 of the TD's

I never understood how he was a top QB with that rushing attack.  But this year I finally gave in and took him in a couple leagues.  So far I'm still wondering how he has and how he will be top 5 QB.  200 yards and no TDs is not helping me.

989529[/snapback]

me too. first year with him and I'm officially worried. I did take a back-up relatively soon thereafter though (Palmer) as his leg surgery was in the news at the time of the draft.

Trent will have a solid season...but...he will have some goose eggs.

anytime you can run the ball like the Chiefs can you are going to have games where your QB don't have to do much. his 4 games with 0 TD's last year is proof of that. but he will surround those games with many many good games.

I think he'll finish a top 5 QB...

as long as he keeps healthy

its time to panic, I would dump trent green while everyone else still thinks he has some value.

Here we go again

Last year after game 2 people were waiver wiring Green. I think those from last year learned their lesson.looks like a new group is going to form this year.

Last year after game 2 people were waiver wiring Green. I think those from last year learned their lesson.looks like a new group is going to form this year.

1001334[/snapback]

I wont dump him but I need at least 1 td pass in 5 quarters to calm me down

:D

:D

1001389[/snapback]

Soooooo frustrating. He's on a team that scores ALL THE TIME, but it seems like 90% of them are on the ground.

Soooooo frustrating.  He's on a team that scores ALL THE TIME, but it seems like 90% of them are on the ground.

1001402[/snapback]

Its sucks..But its early..They will need to lean on him at some point hopefully..

I have both Preist and LJ on one team but i don't really need the points this week. On 2 of my other teams i have Green and Gonzo and i need them bad this week. It is very frustrating not getiing much through almost 6 quarters this season from these 2 since i drafted both fairly high. :D:D

Soooooo frustrating.  He's on a team that scores ALL THE TIME, but it seems like 90% of them are on the ground.

1001402[/snapback]

I think right now it's 100% for this season isn't it....

8:58 left in the second quarter, I haven't seen a single point from Green all season.

Of course when he does throw his first td it will be to Gonzalez who im facing this week. 6 quarters and counting

Welcome to the lineup, Mr. Palmer

Another field goal. I thought Trent would get one in the end zone this drive as well.

1001613[/snapback]

:D:D:D I might as well go to sleep.

2 full games no TDs..Maybe hes going for some kind of record :D