[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Free Fantasy Advice - Week 2

Hugh 0ne

What's up Huddlers? H-1 is back for another week of Fantasy Advice. To all of those I told to bench Willie Parker last week, I apologize. :doah:

Other than that, last week was a pretty succesful one, and I hope I can keep the ball rolling this week.

So, fire away your lineup and matchup questions. Please no RMT and SIMTT posts, since this thread seems to be getting more and more popular, I don't have the time to answer those lenghty questions.

Please include any pertinent information, like scoring and matchups that will make my job easier.

Let 'em rip. :D

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Tiki or Willie ?

thanks

Jim

989235[/snapback]

Tiki's going to give up A LOT to Jacobs this year. I think Tiki rushes for under 1000 yards and only has 5 or 6 TD's. He'll be effective in the passing game, which should help. Willie Parker is going to have another walk in the hay against another tremendously soft defense, and until Bettis and Staley come back, and as long as Parker has nice matchups, he's a must start.

I have Matt Jones on my bench.....

Ro.williams

S.Smith

L.Fitz

T.J Housh

We start 3 WR's TD 6 Rec 1 pts

I was wondering what you think of this guy and his potential as the season goes on, do you think he'll ever be an option over my exsisting Wr's?

Rank TEs

Cooley Was

Wiggins Min

Baker NYJ

Which two would you want on your roster for the rest of the yr?  who would be your starter most weeks?

I know nothing about TEs.  1st year using them.

989250[/snapback]

I think they're all pretty close. Wiggins would have been my favorite, but with Kleinsasser back, his value diminishes, so I'd pick on based on EOS:

WAS: 6 good, 6 bad

MIN: 3 good, 6 bad

NYJ: 4 good, 6 bad

I guess that would lead me to want Cooley. :D

Looking for some advice, opinions or thoughts on the Miami RB

situation. Will Brown hold on to the starting job, or will Ricky

come back and be a force(he looked good in preseason or will it be

more of a KC situation of 60/40???

989258[/snapback]

Well, the Dolphins didn't draft Brown in the first round to bench him and Ricky certainly isn't very popular amongst the players and coaches, but as you see everywhere, it's nice to have a 1-2 punch, and Williams can be a bruising back, so I'd assume that Ricky will get some touches when he's back. Now, if he's VERY succesful with the touches he gets, and Brown isn't, you may see a shift in the workload. Tough to predict, but I's think it'll be 70-30 Brown unless something happens as mentioned above.

Pick one:

Antonio Bryant

Michael Jenkins

Muhism Muhammad

Also:

Willie Parker or Fred Taylor

Thanks

989259[/snapback]

Willie Parker has another great matchup, and no RBBC. Fred Taylor hasn't scored a rushing TD in what seems like 13 years. I'd start Parker.

I wouldn't start Mush. Not until something happens with Orton. Jemkins and Bryant are a toss up. I'd lean towards Jenkins.

Hugh,

10 team massive performance league....

Last weeks scores to give you an idea of the scoring system....

E. James - 37 points (last week)

R. Johnson - 51 points (last week) (started)

D. McAllister - 41 points (last week) (started)

L. Johnson - 42 points (last week)

This week

E. James vs Jacksonville (in Indy)

R. Johnson vs Minnesota (in Cincy)

D. McAllister vs Giants (in NY)

L. Johnson vs Oakland (in Oakland) (plus possible legal issues)

I am leaning toward E. James and R. Johnson.

Pick 1 WR to go along with C. Johnson

Driver

J. Smith

S. Smith

thanks much.

989266[/snapback]

I bench Driver until Green Bay gets back on track, and he shows he can be a #1 WR. Too risky imo.

I like Steve Smith, and Steve Smith is almost a stud WR, but I still think Jimmy Smith will be this years Mushin Muhammed, and Jimmy plays the Colts while Steve plays the Pats. Go with Jimmy Smith.

I have Matt Jones on my bench.....

Ro.williams

S.Smith

L.Fitz

T.J Housh

We start 3 WR's TD 6 Rec 1 pts

I was wondering what you think of this guy and his potential as the season goes on, do you think he'll ever be an option over my exsisting Wr's?

989271[/snapback]

Tough call. Matt Jones is a specimen. Great hands. TE size at WR. Blazing speed. AND, he's in a pass first offense this year. That being said, he's 1 of 4 WR's, and clearly not the #1 or #2 guy, so you have to question how many looks he'll get. I think he's got HUGH potential, but I'm not sure if I'd want him over your other options, unless it's a keeper league, and then I might reconsider.

Hugh - few questions:

Favre at home vs. CLE or Leftwich at Indy?

Better matchup for Favre, but leaning towards Leftwich - think they will be throwing it more in that game.

Also, which of the following would you pick to start in my RB/WR flex spot:

S. Davis vs. NE (tough matchup but he looked good last week and would like some production from him before another injury)

B. Jacobs @ NO (good chance for another TD, but not the yardage that Davis will get)

C. Rogers @ CHI (bad matchup and just read that Lions are sticking with their conservative passing game)

B. Engram vs. ATL (caught 8 of 9 passes thrown to him last week... but faces a stronger DEF this week)

I'm leaning towards Davis out of the above crew - thoughts? Team and scoring in sig.

Thanks!

Who Do I start at WR?

This is who I have.

Rod Smith vs. SD

Reggie Wayne vs. Jac

E. Kennison @ Oak

J. Galloway vs. Buf

Also, this is who is in the WW.

Houshmandzadeh vs. Min

Randle El @ Hou

M. Booker @ NYJ

B. Loyd @ Phi

R. Ferguson vs. Cle

K. Curtis @ Ari

F. Jackson @ GB

E. Parker @ Den

Should I start 3 of my four guys, and if yes, which 3? Or is anybody on the waiver wire worth snatching and starting?

The scoring is 1 pt. for every 10 yds receiving and 6 pts for TDs.

Thanks for the help.

AO

(I tried posting this once already, I don't think it worked but I apologize if you see this twice)

Hey Hugh One - Great to have you back again! Thanks in advance.

Tough call for which RB to bench this week:

Westbrook hosting San Fran

Parker at Houston

Julius Jones hosting the Skins on MNF

Edge hosting Jax

I think you'll agree, all are solid starts this week. Skins probably have the toughest D, but can I stomach sitting Jones on Monday Night Football?? I think I'm leaning towards Westbrook, for no good reason at all.

Another trade question for you Hugh:

How much would people say Torry Holt is an upgrade oevr Reggie Wayne? I'm trying to figure out if a trade is worth doing or not. The trade is I give up Reggie and Larry Johnson to the Priest owner for Jerome Bettis and Torry Holt. Bettis goes straight to my bench as my number 3/4 guy and Holt I figure is a decent enough upgrade to Wayne to make this worthwhile. Anyone disagree? One person from my league already said to "hang onto LJ!!" but i'm not 100% convinced of his season-long worth.

I very much appreciate your help, thanks.

Hey Hugh. Will be starting your thread's bassturd cousin thread here in a bit, so if you have some IDP questions, fire away.

In my "most important" league, I was able to draft some very solid RBs. This week, I'm really torn. Need 2.

Deuce @ NYG - Giants have solid D, but Deuce is ALWAYS involved

K. Jones @ CHI - See above

W. Parker @ HOU - Not a 1-week wonder, no way. But can he repeat that masterful performance?

I'm set at QB in this league w/ Bulger. WRs are pretty set with Harrison, Bruce and Roy Williams (although I'm tempted to try Porter vs. KC).

Thanks, Hugh. :D

Edited by darin3