[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Waiver Wire Warriors

General Itals

As usual, well written and insightful. Quite simply, it is the most valuable article written on a fantasy football sitd today. Too bad the powers that be gave it such a cartoonish, garish title.

Fortunately, it missed a couple guys I'm targeting, unless it assumed that these guys should already be scooped up in most leagues.

Edited by General Itals

As usual, well written and insightful.  Quite simply, it is the most valuable article written on a fantasy football sight today.  Too bad the powers that be gave it such a cartoonish, garish title. 

Fortunately, it missed a couple guys I'm targeting, unless it assumed that these guys should already be scooped up in most leagues.

990023[/snapback]

Let me know the players you were targeting and I'll either tell you why I didn't review them, or I'll consider them for next week's article... after you've had a chance to pick them up, of course.

I was wondering if we'd be seeing the "Trash Can Report" again this year.

Nice work, yo mama!!!  :D

990405[/snapback]

Cool. Haven't seen you around much, Chargerz. I was starting to wonder where I was going to get all my super-secret San Diego homer info from.

And thanks, everyone. As I've said a dozen times before, I'll keep writing it so long as you keep reading it.

Cool.  Haven't seen you around much, Chargerz.  I was starting to wonder where I was going to get all my super-secret San Diego homer info from.

And thanks, everyone.  As I've said a dozen times before, I'll keep writing it so long as you keep reading it.

990408[/snapback]

Hey, you and all the Huddlers can count on me for the latest info on the Bolts!! I'm still tuned in to my Chargers!!!! :D

Another solid effort yo...but you put too much thought into the Dilfer scenario.

There are many things debatable about the 2005 Cleveland Browns, but this is not: The Browns are not going to win games when they ask Dilfer to throw 43 passes.

Another solid effort yo...but you put too much thought into the Dilfer scenario.

There are many things debatable about the 2005 Cleveland Browns, but this is not: The Browns are not going to win games when they ask Dilfer to throw 43 passes.

990634[/snapback]

My biggest problem with evaluating QBs right now is that there aren't many on waivers post-draft that are worth much. Frerotte and Dilfer showed the most promise of the QBs that I believed were the most likely to be undrafted before going into Week 1. Since the atypical focus of this article was primarily on players who were likley undrafted in regular leagues, I didn't have much to choose from. Frerotte was pretty obvious, based on his stats. Dilfer was more of a stretch, I admit, but offered more upside than the other QBs in that "likely undrafted" category (Orton? Boller/Wright? Ramsey/Brunell?). Rattay was a contender, but how much of Week 1 was a fluke for the Niners?

Edited by yo mama

There's a lot of professional writers that have no hope of achieving this standard.  Excellent, and very perspicacious too.  :D

990970[/snapback]

Perspicacious? I would have used "sagacious" there.

Wright looked sharp on Monday night. Maybe it was because he had to throw for a ton and they were giving up the ten yard gains to wind the clock down? If there's a Cinderella story this year, my money is on Wright.

Nice job Yo...yet again...

What are your thoughts on Mr. Alex Smith, the TE...I liked the way he looked in pre-season and was hoping to get him in my keeper league...then he had to go and score 2 TD's in his first game...what are your thoughts???

990986[/snapback]

I don't really have any thoughts on Alex Smith, as I only became aware of him myself this Sunday. I didn't do any substantive research on him, as his two TD peformance last week elevated his profile beyond what I wanted to discuss this week.

But I will be taking a closer look at whether Smith sees a nice follow-up in opportunites duringWeek 2, for sure. I also think if Mili's short-term situation does not improve fast Jeremey Steven's first two games' will be worth examing closely.

Edited by yo mama

Wright looked sharp on Monday night. Maybe it was because he had to throw for a ton and they were giving up the ten yard gains to wind the clock down? If there's a Cinderella story this year, my money is on Wright.

991014[/snapback]

I can only see that happening if the offensive line play improves. Wouldn't you think that'll happen in the next few weeks, as they'll have a Week 3 bye to work on things?

991014[/snapback]

Well, you'd have been accurate too, then. :D

perspicacious

adj 1: acutely insightful and wise; "much too perspicacious to be taken in by such a spurious argument"; "observant and thoughtful, he was given to asking sagacious questions"; "a source of valuable insights and sapient advice to educators" [syn: sagacious, sapient] 2: mentally acute or penetratingly discerning

Dictionary.com

Edited by Ursa Majoris

This report should be the standard for any type of sleeper/free agent article that gets written.

The bar is very high, but there's no "he should do well" or "I've got a feeling"...it's all backed up with solid stats and trends. If I remember correctly, he did pretty good last year with the waiver wire warriors :D he pegged last year.