[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

The unthinkable has happened ...

Grits and Shins

My long time arch rival in my local league (since 1992) confessed to me yesterday that he signed up for the Huddle this year, 'after hearing me talk about it for years'. :D

Then I even proceeded to show him around the front page. Being the stat-man that he is, he was thrilled when I pointed him to the fantasy statistics section showing the game scan and break downs. :D

He is aware of the boards, but I don't anticipate much activity in that regards.

:doah:

Unthinkable Huh? You talk about it all the time then you showed him around, unthinkable!

Unthinkable Huh? You talk about it all the time then you showed him around, unthinkable!

991517[/snapback]

Casual discussion. He'd say he checked such and such player at ESPN or Rotowire. I'd say something along the lines of 'I read on the Huddle'. In years past he pooh-pooh'd the Huddle which I was fine with.

Now I expect he is here to stay.

Our waiver wires ran Wednesday evening and we were discussing our respective pick ups. I mentioned something about how often a particular player was 'targeted' and he asked where the hell I got that info ... I responded 'the Huddle'. This is when he confessed he was a member and wanted to know where to go to find that info. He even said he had already decided he wasn't going to tell me he joined. :D

Casual discussion.  He'd say he checked such and such player at ESPN or Rotowire.  I'd say something along the lines of 'I read on the Huddle'.  In years past he pooh-pooh'd the Huddle which I was fine with.

Now I expect he is here to stay.

Our waiver wires ran Wednesday evening and we were discussing our respective pick ups.  I mentioned something about how often a particular player was 'targeted' and he asked where the hell I got that info ... I responded 'the Huddle'.  This is when he confessed he was a member and wanted to know where to go to find that info.  He even said he had already decided he wasn't going to tell me he joined.  :D

991529[/snapback]

All I am saying , is you let the cat out of the bag.

I'm sorry, but I don't think The Huddle is a secret any more. In the two non-BOTH League live drafts I was in this year, I looked around and almost everyone had a Huddle cheatsheet. Lord knows, I TRIED to keep it a secret!!!!!! :D

Yeah, it's got to be tough to drum up a lot of word-of-mouth business in an industry like fantasy football information...

992499[/snapback]

Any more, if you play fantasy football (especially as long as we have), you'd have to be buried in a deep hole in a 3rd world country somewhere NOT to be aware of the Huddle's existence.

Any more, if you play fantasy football (especially as long as we have),  you'd have to be buried in a deep hole in a 3rd world country somewhere NOT to be aware of the Huddle's existence.

992503[/snapback]

true but it is suprising how many have not heard of it

Well I know for a fact he buys the Fantasy Football Index ... in which the Huddle has been featured the last several years.

992521[/snapback]

Yep, that had to be the way he found the Huddle.

I recently found out my neighbor was in a fantasy football league. Since he wasnt in any of my leagues I tried to drop the Huddle knowledge on him to seem cool. He was like "Dude, Im on there all the time". Supprised me. Is there any way we could get an aproximate of how many active/paying members there are now? We could do a pool...

I saw a lot of huddle cheat sheets at one of my drafts..I dont think you fully get all the huddle has to offer if you are not active on the boards though. The homer updates and last minute injury info in the threads is priceless.