[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Thinking of trading Edge....

aaronvh

First off I have Edge. I lost Walker to the injury. :D

Starters without Edge would be Rudi Johnson & Deuce McAllister.

On my bench I have Larry Johnson and Cedric Benson (both could be great by week 6 or so)

Current starting WR's are Steve Smith, Jimmy Smith and Darrell Jackson. :D

Bench WR's are Chris Chambers and Michael Jenkins

--------------------------------------------------------------------------

So I am thinking about offering Edge for......

Edge for Westbrook and Donald Driver. :D

or...

Edge for Westbrook and Nate Burleson. :D

If needed I would throw in Chambers into the trade, I doubt I will ever start him besides bye weeks of my top 3 guys or another injury.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------

If you had Edge would you offer these trades?

If you were the Westbrook owner would you accept these trades?

Thanks.

Edited by aaronvh

First off I have Edge.  I lost Walker to the injury. :D

Starters without Edge would be Rudi Johnson & Deuce McAllister.

On my bench I have Larry Johnson and Cedric Benson (both could be great by week 6 or so)

Current starting WR's are Steve Smith, Jimmy Smith and Darrell Jackson. :D

Bench WR's are Chris Chambers and Michael Jenkins

--------------------------------------------------------------------------

So I am thinking about offering Edge for......

Edge for Westbrook and Donald Driver. :D

or...

Edge for Westbrook and Nate Burleson. :D

If needed I would throw in Chambers into the trade, I doubt I will ever start him besides bye weeks of my top 3 guys or another injury.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------

If you had Edge would you offer these trades?

If you were the Westbrook owner would you accept these trades?

Thanks.

991314[/snapback]

I would trade Edge for a top WR, not a WR-RB combo. You don't need another RB, and you don't need an average WR.

I just offered....

Rudi, Chambers and Favre or Plummer

for...

Westbrook, Brooks and Burleson or Driver

Should I go with that or pull the trades?

991371[/snapback]

I see you pulled the trades, and that's a good move. You're not doing yourself any good by staying the the same at RB and QB and getting a WR upgrade. You need a stud WR. Go for Moss or Owens, dangle the Edge or McAllister carrot out there. See what happens. Now that would solidify your team.

I see you pulled the trades, and that's a good move. You're not doing yourself any good by staying the the same at RB and QB and getting a WR upgrade. You need a stud WR. Go for Moss or Owens, dangle the Edge or McAllister carrot out there. See what happens. Now that would solidify your team.

991412[/snapback]

Did just that....

I offered Edge and Chambers for...

TO and Ricky Williams

TO and Tatum Bell

Moss and Dunn

So we will see if anybody bites on those.

Did just that....

I offered Edge and Chambers for...

TO and Ricky Williams

TO and Tatum Bell

Moss and Dunn

So we will see if anybody bites on those.

991415[/snapback]

I like the trade for Moss and Dunn. I have a sneeky feeling that Bell is not going to live up to the hype. I think that there is a possibility that you will see Dayne in there before long. Maybe not as the feature back, but he will def. be a td thief. I don't like Ricky Williams either. He has lost a lot of weight, and he did not seem strong enough during the preseason. I think his vegan diet has made him lose a lot of protein and thus muscle. He cannot carry people like he used to, and also he seems to lack speed. TO, great pick up though. I like the deals, just not the rbs involved. Dunn can be huge, but a luittle inconsistent with the tds (darn Duckett).

It's easy to say trade James for a top guy if the coach with the top guy likes to trade or needs James.

Given your startering WRs, Driver or Burleson may not be every week starters. Westbrook is a nice throw in to balance the deal...but I still wouldn't do it.

You would lose most all of your "big time" trade potential.

You won't get Owens or Moss for Rudi or Deuce. The owners who drafted them late-first/early 2nd round would want more. I'd offer it, but they won't take it.

Your best bet is to sit tight. You have a solid corps of WRs to get you thru the next few weeks. You shouldn't have any trouble picking two each week from your current squad.

Once injuries to other RBs start coming into play, you'll get more value for your RBs in a trade down the road.

Sit tight.

I think I'd stay put for a while. Personally, I like your WR corps, and the quality/depth of your RB's. I don't think as much of Johnson and Benson as many, so I'd feel a lot better waiting on moving one of your top 3 until J or B become a solid option for a couple of consecutive weeks. I think Chambers may end up surprising you, too. He seemed like a big target there in week one, and the new O-Coordinator Linehan will try to get the ball downfield. Chambers could be a really nice receiver this season. Good luck to you.

I think I'd stay put for a while. Personally, I like your WR corps, and the quality/depth of your RB's. I don't think as much of Johnson and Benson as many, so I'd feel a lot better waiting on moving one of your top 3 until J or B become a solid option for a couple of consecutive weeks. I think Chambers may end up surprising you, too. He seemed like a big target there in week one, and the new O-Coordinator Linehan will try to get the ball downfield. Chambers could be a really nice receiver this season. Good luck to you.

992942[/snapback]

I agree with you here, I think I was just in a bit of a panic mode. After reading all the advice and really thinking about it I don't think I need to make any moves at the moment.

Thanks to everyone.