[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

The "Get Pumped for Willie Parker" Thread

Roo

I am all about this guy, drafted him in the last round of my draft, and we (by we, I mean all the Parker owners out there) cannot afford another Q. Griffin.

With Alexander and Portis and my other RBs, I am a little worried, and need (want) Parker to really bust loose and take over.

This little bolt of of greased ligthning is gonna tear Houston apart!!! Run Willie RUN!!!!

I'm right there with you Roo. Ridin' Fast Willie Style. I posted earlier about how, if Willie P. keeps up this amazing race, duce and co. basically concede to Parker being the starter. I also read that Cower mentioned the possibility of even when Duce comes back that Duce may be the 3rd down back, not Willie. Considering how much he "cost" for you and I and others, even 2 weeks is amazing.

I have a bad feeling about it for some reason, but I'm planning on starting Parker over Kevin Jones this week. Houston's D is terrible, but it's pretty much all they got, with their offense looking like it wouldn't beat the California School for the Blind and/or Deaf football team. Jones faces a stout Chicago D, so I will go with Parker. Go Willie, go.

I am all about this guy, drafted him in the last round of my draft, and we (by we, I mean all the Parker owners out there) cannot afford another Q. Griffin. 

With Alexander and Portis and my other RBs, I am a little worried, and need (want) Parker to really bust loose and take over. 

This little bolt of of greased ligthning is gonna tear Houston apart!!!  Run Willie RUN!!!!

992217[/snapback]

You got my vote! Let's go Willy!

I have a bad feeling about it for some reason, but I'm planning on starting Parker over Kevin Jones this week.  Houston's D is terrible, but it's pretty much all they got, with their offense looking like it wouldn't beat the California School for the Blind and/or Deaf football team.  Jones faces a stout Chicago D, so I will go with Parker.  Go Willie, go.

992276[/snapback]

Don't underestimate the team at the CSDF. Their kicker scores the most points as he kicks like any other Football Kicker who closes his eyes and prays that he makes it! :D

Didn't Barry Foster start as an injury replacemnt for the Steelers and stay in there for years?

I heard on Sirius today from Randy Cross that Duce and bettis have been helping Willie since spring, telling him when to be patient and when to explode. From Cowher, Bettis and Duce it does sound like Willie is the man even when they return and they don't seem to have a problem with it.

Yep, all over this train! I'm starting him over Dominick Davis for the 2nd week in a row. If he explodes again this week, there’s a great chance he'll permanently nail down the starting job and I'm already putting feelers out for Davis on the trade market. :D Lets go Wille!!!

Edited by Tally

I think Willie Parker needs a cool nick name if he's gonna get pumped up.

1. Quick Willie

2. Willie The Thrillie

3. Wet Willie

4. Chillie Willie

5. 3 Bean Willie Chile

Is a poll in order?

993509[/snapback]

Or Slick Willie? :ducks:

I just traded Willie for Vick and Vinatieri.

I had Tynes as my kicker and Dillon, JJ, KJ, and Barlow as my other RBs and i can only start two.  My QB was Plummer since I was the last team in a 12 team league to grab a QB.

993550[/snapback]

Hey man, you aren't very pumped about Willie!! :D

I think Willie Parker needs a cool nick name if he's gonna get pumped up.

1. Quick Willie

2. Willie The Thrillie

3. Wet Willie

4. Chillie Willie

5. 3 Bean Willie Chile

Is a poll in order?

993509[/snapback]

From a homer...

He already has a nickname (Fast Willie Parker) that he has accepted. There have been some sports talk radio shows that have been taking new suggestions lately... a few of the favorites were:

Parkway Willie Parker

Dangerous Willie

Wild Willie

GO WILLIE!!!!! :D:D

Even the Bus and Duce have said that Willie should remain the starter... that they cant do what he does and that its best for the team.

You have a guy with talent playing on a team that wants to run first and foremost.

Drafting this guy in the later rounds is the kind of pick that takes your team to the playoffs.

Didn't Barry Foster start as an injury replacemnt for the Steelers and stay in there for years?

I heard on Sirius today from Randy Cross that Duce and bettis have been helping Willie since spring, telling him when to be patient and when to explode. From Cowher, Bettis and Duce it does sound like Willie is the man even when they return and they don't seem to have a problem with it.

992871[/snapback]

You've got balls old man...You think you'd stay away from the Willie threads! :D