[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Free Fantasy Advice - Week 2 - TAKE 2

Hugh 0ne

• Replies 166
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hugh, little help please....

Favre or Brooks..?

Keyshawn or Stallworth..?

995084[/snapback]

Gotta go with Brooks. Giants are missing a starting corner, and Favre's missing his #1 WR.

Stallworth. Same corner scenario as above. I think the Saints light it up this week against the G-men.

1/10 yards

Chad Johnson is my #1

Then which other 2

Michael Clayton vs a tuff Buffalo

Engram vs a tuff Atlanta

R. Smith or Lelie vs San Diego

Would I be a fool to start both Denver receivers

994985[/snapback]

Tough call. At least you have CJ, he should do well.

I'd probably go Engram, I like him this week.

Hey there!

I tied last week!! :D  Boy I hate that. But, I'm looking at the glass half full here  :D

I'm looking for your "gut" feel here. :D

I looked very good starting Willie Parker last week :D (yes, I was one of them-  )

My thought process is to start him again cause according to reports he is starting.

I benched "Cadillac" in favor of Fast Willie last week and went with Julius Jones. Faired well, but I would've won had I started Carnell...

Want to know what your gut feeling is this week with my RB situation first:

Parker @ Houston (phenom emerging-but will he lose goal line carries to the "bus")

Julius Jones vs. Washington (played well last week but is going against a tough skins "D"

Cadillac vs. Buffalo (nice start-but against the buffalo "D"?)

Droughns @ Green Bay(should get the nod and playing against the weak pack "D")-hmmm

Tatum Bell vs. Chargers-(i'm so high on Bell-but couldn't get it in with 4 tries )

All mmy RB's are starters(nice depth I may add) who is your "gut-lock to start?)

What is your gut on my QB situation?

Brooks vs Giants(mon night)-didn't score last week! can he handle the blitzing giants?

Warner started for me last week and at least scored for me(brooks gave me a fat zero-whew!)

and lastly my wideouts:

quick gut on the wideouts(wdis)---(see below)-

thanks for your input. I'm sure you'll be busy this week-any answer from you would be greatly appreciated 

thanks again :D

994864[/snapback]

The RB question is a no-brainer. Start Julius and Parker, without a doubt.

I think Warner and Brooks are both good starts this week. I'd lean slightly towards Brooks.

Hugh - you're the COOLEST!

I am in a fix at RB. Re-Draft,  Performance scoring. Rush/Rec (First 20 yds = 5pts, 2pts/10 yds thereafter) all TDs = 10pts

DD (Starting)

And need one more of the following. I was hoping one of these guys would step up, but so far only Davis has done anything and he plays NE so I'm not too thrilled.

M Bennet

S Davis

JJ Arrington

M Anderson

Already 0-1 and need to swing for the fences against a solid team, for that reason I was thinking Bennet vs CIN.

I have also offered to trade M Anderson and JJ to the Bell owner for Lamont Jordan. We'll see.

994799[/snapback]

With Arrington going 8 carries for 5 yards I'd bench him, and I'd bench Anderson because of his equally pitiful performance. Between Bennett and Davis, it's a toss up. Neither will do great, but I think you might get a TD out of Davis. Try him. I'd probably try to avoid the entire Viking backfield until Tice gets his head out of his ass, which may never happen.

Hugh - a real quickie - WDIS

I have Dallas Clark and Alex Smith in several leagues.  Like what the kid did last week and DC still scares me from the last minute scratch.

What would you do?

994582[/snapback]

Well, Clark has been cleared to play, that's the good news. And he's really a top 5 TE, so normally I wouldn't bench him, especially in what I think will be a shootout in Indy. That being said, the injury would concern me as well, and you have another very nice option in Smith, so I think Smith is the safer play.

Hugh,

I saw you were talking up Engram earlier this thread...

Would you advocate Engram given my situation for a flex starter?

Need to start 1 of these guys @ flex

S. Davis vs. NE

Driver vs. Cle

Engram vs. Atlanta

Kennison @ Oak

Stallworth @ NYG

I was originally leaning towards Driver or S. Davis based on my gut & some other threads, but then came across this one...opinions appreciated - TIA

994217[/snapback]

I'd probably start Kennison, Stallworth and Driver over Engram this week. I like Engram, but I like Kennison against no defense, Stallworth against a missing corner back, and Driver as the #1 WR against a weak CLE defense.

Kennison might be your best bet.

Hugh One,

Standard Performance - points for rec.

Start 2 rbs

Tiki - start

Waivering between Dominic and LJ - I know DD is a t1 RB but he is facing a tough team and I was thinking LJ might get more opportunites at the end zone.  Not sure - what do you think?

994197[/snapback]

Davis. He's going to be more involved in the offense this week, both running and catching. I think, even with the tough matchup, he should have a nice day. I'm not a fan of starting a back that is only going to get 10 touches.

Hugh...

WDIS @ WR...

I start 3 WR's

1. Isaac Bruce

2. Reggie Wayne

3. ????

My other choices:

Lee Evans (Buf @ TB)

Robert Ferguson (Cle @ GB)

Reggie Williams (Jac @ Ind)

Bobby Engram is also on the waiver wire, do you think he's worth picking up?

my final question...

is Alex Smith (TE) worth picking up, if I'm dropping Ben Watson?

Hugh...

WDIS @ WR...

I start 3 WR's

1. Isaac Bruce

2. Reggie Wayne

3. ????

My other choices:

Lee Evans (Buf @ TB)

Robert Ferguson (Cle @ GB)

Reggie Williams (Jac @ Ind)

Bobby Engram is also on the waiver wire, do you think he's worth picking up?

my final question...

is Alex Smith (TE) worth picking up, if I'm dropping Ben Watson?

995512[/snapback]

I like Engram over any of those WR options this week.

Yes, Smith is worth a pickup.

am trying to decide who i should start for my RB and WR in my TD league

I can either start 3 RB and 2 WR or 2 RB and 3 WR

I have as RB's

P Holmes

Larry Johnson

Cadillac Williams

Brandon Jacobs

Lee Suggs

My WR's are

Chad Johnson

Anquan Boldin

Keary Colbert

Kevin Curtis

Joey Galloway

Reggie Williams

with the 2 RB's in KC doing so well - I am tempted to start both of them with cadillac and then have boldin and Johnson - But put goal line Jacobs situation in and it gets messy with Curtis and Colbert sitting there -I get 6 pts for every TD rushing/receiving and 3 pts for a passing TD, i get 3 pts for the QB passing for more than 300 yds, 3 pts for a RB going over 100 yds and a reciever for going over 100 receiving yds. Any ideas given my format?

Plus I need to decide btwn Aaron brooks or Brett Favre. any ideas?

Hi Hugh. Hope all is well. Thanks for the help last week.  Got myself another situation this week. Need to start 2 of the 4 WR's. 6 pts for td and every 100 yds recieving. I have listed them in order that I think is best. Please advise.

Steve Smith vs Pats.  Pats have banged up secondary & Steve close to studum.

A. Boldin vs Rams. Could be a shoot-out. Concern that Fitz may get more looks.

Wayne vs Texans. Has not but up good numbers vs Tex. To many targets for Peyton. Although could be high scoring.

Burleson vs Bengals.  seems like a good match-up. Concern is that the Vikes looked awful last week.

Anyhow my 2 would be Smith & Boldin. Any thoughts?

994168[/snapback]

Steve Smith is the no-brainer here.

Keep Burleson on the bench for another week until the Vikes offense shows some signs of life.

I think Boldin re-asserts himself as the #1 WR in AZ this week in a high scoring game.

So yes, I agree with you. Boldin and Smith.

am trying to decide who i should start for my RB and WR in my TD league

I can either start 3 RB and 2 WR or 2 RB and 3 WR

I have as RB's

P Holmes

Larry Johnson

Cadillac Williams

Brandon Jacobs

Lee Suggs

My WR's are

Chad Johnson

Anquan Boldin

Keary Colbert

Kevin Curtis

Joey Galloway

Reggie Williams

with the 2 RB's in KC doing so well - I am tempted to start both of them with cadillac and then have boldin and Johnson - But put goal line Jacobs situation in and it gets messy with Curtis and Colbert sitting there -I get 6 pts for every TD rushing/receiving and 3 pts for a passing TD, i get 3 pts for the QB passing for more than 300 yds, 3 pts for a RB going over 100 yds and a reciever for going over 100 receiving yds. Any ideas given my format?

Plus I need to decide btwn Aaron brooks or Brett Favre.  any ideas?

995550[/snapback]

Well, the QB question is simple. Bench Favre.

The flex position is a tougher one. I think Priest, Cadillac, Boldin and CJ are no-brainers here. But then what? I normally would NEVER start LJ and Priest, but your other options all really suck, and LJ will probably outscore them even if he only gets 10 touches. I guess you have to start the 2 KC backs.

In all seriousness Hugh...

Lelie, Plax or Coles...

995614[/snapback]

Did I forget you?

OK, I'm not sold on the Burress - Manning connection yet, although the matchup is nice. I think Burress should have a decent game, but he's still a risky start.

Plummer sucks monnkey nuts, but even that useless piece of turd should be able to get Lelie some action, so Lelie is a decent, but not great option.

Since Pennington has pretty much proven to everyone that he just can't throw a football, regardless of the situation, I'd shy away from Coles.

Lelie? Yeah, I guess so. And hope Plummer gets hurt early, that would probably help Lelie's numbers.