[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Atlanta player fined!

NAUgrad

Anyone see this:

Ten players fined for Monday night melee

NFL.com wire reports

NEW YORK (Sept. 15, 2005) -- Nine players were fined for their roles in a fight before Monday night's game between the Eagles and Falcons, with Atlanta defensive tackle Chad Lavalais drawing the biggest fine -- $7,500 -- for a hit on Donovan McNabb during the game.

I just caught this on NFL.com. huh is going on. That was a clean hit pure and simple.

Anyone see this:

Ten players fined for Monday night melee   

NFL.com wire reports 

NEW YORK (Sept. 15, 2005) -- Nine players were fined for their roles in a fight before Monday night's game between the Eagles and Falcons, with Atlanta defensive tackle Chad Lavalais drawing the biggest fine -- $7,500 -- for a hit on Donovan McNabb during the game.

I just caught this on NFL.com.  huh is going on.  That was a clean hit pure and simple.

992618[/snapback]

:D Don't think you can lead with your helmet...otherwise a clean hit.

we all got that spearing part by now.

btw, what started the pre-game brawl?

i saw it in highlights but not the start of it....

993226[/snapback]

A confrontation between Kevin Mathis and Jerimah Trotter.

BTW, Mathis had an ACL injury yesterday in practice and is out for the season.

In your title, don't you mean for the hit on McNabb?  If Vick is getting hit by his own players, he's in trouble.

992625[/snapback]

Maybe his own players should hit him. Then maybe he would hit them, with a pass every once in a while.

A confrontation between Kevin Mathis and Jerimah Trotter.

BTW, Mathis had an ACL injury yesterday in practice and is out for the season.

993289[/snapback]

Actually, it started when Mathis was jawing at Keith Adams on the sideline. Trotter just was staring Mathis down and then Mathis started walking toward Trotter. They continued to the middle of the field when the pushing started. They showed the entire thing on Comcast Sports Net here in Philly.

a - blame the refs for throwing trotter out, not mathis - that was just a complete overreaction (and there isn't a bigger Eagles fan than I am - but as much as every day the Mathis for Trotter trade made sense on the falcons part, that wasn't intentional - just some high spirits that the refs fully overreacted to)

b - i really didn't have that "karma" reaction to Mathis - sucks to be him - same thought on Javon Walker - that ain't karma, that's proof that he should have stayed out to get his long term money

c - that hit was blatantly illegal, and I really was shocked it wasn't called - I didn't know where the ref was standing, but the guy was airborne and if he was maybe 8 inches lower we're looking at some severe problems - however, that fine, and all the stuff pregame was really differnet (although all part of a nasty little rivalry brewing that could be a great conf title matchup in Philly)

Some of us think that you should be able to hit Mcnabb and Owens anyway that you care to. :D

993148[/snapback]

:D:D:D:D

Consider it payback for Buddy Ryan's Bounty Bowl. Sending his guys out to hurt the former kicker.

Don't get me started on Cunningham's fake "taking a knee" and throwing a bomb to rub it in.

No matter what jersey he's wearing now, Owens should have never danced on the star! Bad things happen to people (and their teammates) who dance on the star.

:D:D "Don't Mess with Texas!" :D