[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Koren Robinson's value?

BRUISER

Do you think he will eventually be the #2 option (this year) in the passing game for the Vikes?

Being from the Seattle area I have watched him for a few years now and he does have a lot of talent if he can keep his shiznit together. I was thinking of dropping Travis Taylor and picking him up as a wait and see. Just wanted some other opinions about his potential with C-Pep throwing to him.

Edited by BRUISER

I picked up K Rob in a couple leagues. If you have room on your roster he might be a guy to stash away. He has more physical talent than any receiver on the Vikings roster. He was a head case for Seattle, but a very likeable guy. Holmgren gave him many chances, but the light never came on. Because of his repeating history of alcohol abuse he was finally let go. This summer he went through an alcohol treatment program. Is he recovered? Who knows! I remember another receiver who was released by Philadelphia because he was a troublemaker. He signed with Minnesota, cleaned up his act, and had a pretty fair career. Does the name Cris Carter ring a bell?

Koren Robinson may be out of the league again within 4 or 5 weeks, but if he has his head together and with Culpepper throwing the ball, he could be the next Cris Carter. If you have deadwood on your roster I think he is worth a flier. You can get him now for nothing. If you wait to hear how he's doing it may be to late to get him. Just my two cents worth.

if you rely on him, your season is already dead :D

993223[/snapback]

Thanks for your insightful input. Were people relying on Willie Parker when they drafted him? No, they were getting a guy to stash on their bench in case he turned in to a productive player. Yet he won week 1 for me. Am I relying on him to win for me every week? No. I was just asking what people thought about his potential for this year since I have not made up my mind about it. But instead I get a smart ass answer from some idiot who calls him(or her)self Zia. Thanks Zia.

Koren was dismal last year - which is probably why he started to hit the bottle. Even with CPep under center, I wouldn't take the chance on him. I just think there's better talent out there. Take a look at Peter Warrick in Seattle - IMO there's more upside there.

Hahahahah!!! I can't believe people would still waste a roster spot on this guy. Would you ever see yourself starting him?? He was handed the #1 job in Seattle, got tons of balls, and still rarely produced. Travis Taylor is supposedly playing well and you know the rookie is going to get playing time as the year progresses. I doubt Koren ever makes it past the #4, but even if he gets to the #2, he STILL won't produce on any kind of a consistent basis. The guy breaks probation, didn't have a good experience in rehab...and now the Vikings throw some more money at him. And its the Vikings. This should be at the least entertaining.

Do you think he will eventually be the #2 option (this year) in the passing game for the Vikes?

Being from the Seattle area I have watched him for a few years now and he does have a lot of talent if he can keep his shiznit together.  I was thinking of dropping Travis Taylor and picking him up as a wait and see.  Just  wanted some other opinions about his potential with C-Pep throwing to him.

992857[/snapback]

I was wondering the same thing. Ever since Koren ended the season very strong about 3 years ago, I have been waiting for him to regain that form. It all depends on who you can get rid of to grab him. If you have a WR on your bench who you will never start anway, take a shot at Koren and wait and see. If you have decent WRs that have potential or high potential RBs, I would let someone else take the risk. I personally am holding on to Travis Taylor instead of Koren for now, he's the #2 WR while Koren is the #4 MAYBE? Good luck.

Does the name Cris Carter ring a bell?

Koren Robinson may be out of the league again within 4 or 5 weeks, but if he has his head together and with Culpepper throwing the ball, he could be the next Cris Carter. If you have deadwood on your roster I think he is worth a flier. You can get him now for nothing. If you wait to hear how he's doing it may be to late to get him. Just my two cents worth.

993312[/snapback]

:D This is the great thing about fantasy football. This paragraph may actually make sense when I sober up. There is no reason that Koren couldn't become productive almost immediately. He only has to beat out Taylor, MRob, and a rook. I've seen stranger things happen.

Ever since Koren ended the season very strong about 3 years ago, I have been waiting for him to regain that form.

994047[/snapback]

Me too, I had picked him up off waivers that year (2002) and he was a stud down the stretch (7 out of 9 games with 90+ receiving yards). I've picked him up in one of my leagues where we have some bench space and will hold him for a few weeks and see what transpires with him. As someone else said, if you can spare the space then you don't have anything to lose and with some luck could conceivably gain a very productive player.

Take a quick look at these numbers:

Player A:

1st year: 29 receptions for 455 yards and 2 TDs

2nd year: 68 receptions for 1006 yards and 9 TDs

Player B:

1st year: 39 receptions for 536 yards and 1 TD

2nd year: 78 receptions for 1240 yards and 5 TDs

Pretty similar, right? Based upon these numbers alone, I would argue that I would rather have Player B, despite the TD differential, as I find yards and receptions to be better indicators of week-to-week consistency.

Player A is Nate Burleson and Player B is Koren Robinson. Don't get me wrong, I'm not saying I would rather have Robinson than Burleson for this year or that I think K-Rob will outperform Burleson...I'd be very surprised if that happened. All I'm saying is to keep in mind that Robinson was a 1st round draft pick who has had success in the NFL, and no one questions his talent. His problems have mostly dealt with his mental state (alcoholism and lack of focus).

It's worth noting that I read on RotoWorld that when he re-signed with the Vikings this week, he signed for a 1-year deal instead of the original 2-year deal they had previously agreed to (at Robinson's request). He also reportedly turned down an offer from Green Bay to try and replace Javon Walker. This obviously indicates that he believes (and has probably been told) that he will have an opportunity to get on the field, have a good year, and sign a better contract next season. If he has effectively dealt with his alcohol problem and is focused and motivated, then he could easily become a fantasy asset again this season.

Now, if they all stay healthy, whether or not there's enough balls to go around for Burleson, Taylor, K-Rob, M-Rob, and Williamson, well that may be another issue altogether.

Edited by Skrappy1

Being from the Seattle area I have watched him for a few years now and he does have a lot of talent if he can keep his shiznit together.  I was thinking of dropping Travis Taylor and picking him up as a wait and see.  Just  wanted some other opinions about his potential with C-Pep throwing to him.

992857[/snapback]

Fantasy wise, I don't think he will do that much. I would think 20-30 passes and a couple TD's. I don't think I would drop Taylor for this guy just yet. He is 5th on the depth charts. Taylor is #2.

992857[/snapback]

I drafted Troy Williamson, and even though Williamson will not have an immediate impact, its a keeper league and I think he has great upside (even if he doesnt do much this year). I would rather keep Williamson than speculate on KoRo.

Stranger pickups have paid off. I agree with those who rank his ability when his head was on straight as being worth a shot as your stash guy. From a local perspective, they keep referring to him as being a return man when he is activated. They could definitely use one, and someone with his sheer talent and size could stick in that position. I just do not see him getting more of a look than Williamson, all things considered, with what they have invested in the kid. I think Taylor is going to get plenty of balls, as he remains a dedicated middle of the field guy. Marcus Robinson seems to get plenty of balls thrown his way (I don't like him, personally), and Burleson is a class wideout.

I am not going to do it, as there are many #2 and #3 receivers in my leagues that are still available, and I am hoping he is an all pro for the Purple...lol.

I wouldn't be surprised if he was pushed out on the field sooner than later given the less than stellar results from the MIN passing game...realizing of course that I've not actually SEEN any of the MIN games, just the stats.

Obviously, CPep has looked pretty awful, but, it would seem that his WRs (and OL?) aren't doing much to help him out...