Sign in to follow this  
frenzal rhomb

pork bar b q

I got a nice 3.5 pound pork loin and want to make a bar bq in the crock sunday. Anybody know how to do it up right?

Edited by frenzal rhomb

I got a nice 3.5 pound pork loin and want to make a bar bq in the crock sunday.  Anybody know how to do it up right?

993062[/snapback]

Chief Dick will have a good one. Ask Untavea too.

I got a nice 3.5 pound pork loin and want to make a bar bq in the crock sunday.  Anybody know how to do it up right?

993062[/snapback]

this should help...

Can't really help with the crockpot cooking method. I know of another method but it requires a different, more advanced cooking device, real lump charcoal, and hickory or perhaps cherry wood.

Can't really help with the crockpot cooking method.  I know of another method but it requires a different, more advanced cooking device, real lump charcoal, and hickory or perhaps cherry wood.

993368[/snapback]

:D

I prefer to cook my pork like a man: on the smoker.

Can't help you with the crock pot, which my wife really likes to use. Maybe I'll ask her for you.

On a side note to untateve: they just opened up a store close to me that has that egg thing of yours right in the front window. I'll have to go in and check it out. Maybe get my picture taken with it. Then I'll use the photo to start the fire in my smoker. :D

I prefer to cook my pork like a man: on the smoker.

Can't help you with the crock pot, which my wife really likes to use. Maybe I'll ask her for you.

On a side note to untateve: they just opened up a store close to me that has that egg thing of yours right in the front window. I'll have to go in and check it out. Maybe get my picture taken with it. Then I'll use the photo to start the fire in my smoker.  :D

993662[/snapback]

:D Oh my...I guess this means war!

If you were a real man, wouldn't you slaughter the pig as well?

993753[/snapback]

What, you don't?

Smoking it for a good 9 hours is the way to go, but if you don't have the time, crock it for about 5 hours with this mix. Drain the sauce in a bowl after cooking, let the pork cool a little and pull it apart instead of cubing it.

2 cups ketchup

¼ cup Worcestershire

Dash lemon juice

1 tea ginger

1 cup brown sugar

1 stick unsalted butter

2 cloves garlic

Dash salt/pepper

Easy and delicious.

On a side note to untateve: they just opened up a store close to me that has that egg thing of yours right in the front window. I'll have to go in and check it out. Maybe get my picture taken with it. Then I'll use the photo to start the fire in my smoker.  :D

993662[/snapback]

Forgive him, for he knows not what he says. Teach him, and he will learn.

Forgive him, for he knows not what he says.  Teach him, and he will learn.

996314[/snapback]

:D

My smoker kicks azz but unlce steve knows what he's doing if he's using cherry with pork. Delicious.

Sign in to follow this