[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Rookie WR's

davehb1

When it is all said and done who will end up having the best season stat wise?

Mike Williams

Mark Clayton

Braylon Edwards

Troy Williamson

Matt Jones

Reggie Brown

Personally I see Williams puting up the best #'s, the guy is 6'4 230lbs and talented as hell-hopefully Harrington can get him the ball...

The problem with M. Williams is Harrington and too many other targets. The guy I like is Matt Jones. He's very raw but a great specimen. He's tall like Mike Williams, but unlike Williams he can really fly. I don't think he'll produce until later in the season, but worth keeping an eye on.

I think Matt Jones will be solid by mid season honestly big guy lots of speed

Also I think beleive it or not the Mark Clayton could make an impact in Baltimore, thats right Baltimore!

Other possibilities are Williams and Williamson

The problem with both is they play for teams that have lots of options

I think Matt Jones will be solid by mid season honestly big guy lots of speed

Also I think beleive it or not the Mark Clayton could make an impact in Baltimore, thats right Baltimore!

Other possibilities are Williams and Williamson

The problem with both is they play for teams that have lots of options

993726[/snapback]

I hopes so with Jones as I picked him up as my last WR in my draft :D

Only way Clayton makes a difference in BAL is if Boller stayed turfed

Williams will fight for too many balls poorly thrown by Joey

I'm just not buying the Williamson stuff yet.

You know, I didn't think this guy would be any good, but Matt Jones was very impressive on Sunday vs. my Hawks. He showed the ability to attack the ball with his hands while at the same time keeping them very soft and sure. It was weird watching him run. He looks like he's not going anywhere. He has such long strides that the only way you can tell he's moving incredibly fast is by watching the routes the DB's have to take to catch up to him. His 4.3 looked pretty darn legit. Still, the most impressive positive about his fantasy future is that the Jaguars ran a bunch of gimmick plays designed to get him open in space. The kid is gonna get some chances to make some big plays this season.

Seahawks, you mentioned the gadget plays for Jones. Did he get two running plays in that game? If so, that surely signals an intent to get the ball to him one way or the other.

I think this is a great question, as all of them could have impact and all could disappoint. I think Edwards would be my pick, as he should be the top dog sooner than later in Cleveland. I liked what I saw with Clayton, but the lack of good passing will have to hurt and an established #1 receiver there should inhibit him from being huge. Who knows with Williamson, but I don't like what I see there yet at all. They didn't even try to get him the ball in game one, but he could catch two TD bombs in any game. I think Mike Williams is just one of three nearly identical options in Detroit, from what I've seen.

Gun to head, I would rank them for 2005 fantasy worth like this:

1. Braylon Edwards

2. Matt Jones

3. Troy Williamson

4. Mike Williams

5. Mark Clayton

6. Reggie Brown

I would understand it if anyone made fun of this list. I think you could interchange #'s 2-5 with no arguments here. I just think that Troy Williamson will have one explosive game in there somewhere, and he will be the trendy discussion at that point. Purely a hunch with nothing to back it up, though.

Seahawks, you mentioned the gadget plays for Jones. Did he get two running plays in that game? If so, that surely signals an intent to get the ball to him one way or the other.

I think this is a great question, as all of them could have impact and all could disappoint. I think Edwards would be my pick, as he should be the top dog sooner than later in Cleveland. I liked what I saw with Clayton, but the lack of good passing will have to hurt and an established #1 receiver there should inhibit him from being huge. Who knows with Williamson, but I don't like what I see there yet at all. They didn't even try to get him the ball in game one, but he could catch two TD bombs in any game. I think Mike Williams is just one of three nearly identical options in Detroit, from what I've seen.

Gun to head, I would rank them for 2005 fantasy worth like this:

1. Braylon Edwards

2. Matt Jones

3. Troy Williamson

4. Mike Williams

5. Mark Clayton

6. Reggie Brown

I would understand it if anyone made fun of this list. I think you could interchange #'s 2-5 with no arguments here. I just think that Troy Williamson will have one explosive game in there somewhere, and he will be the trendy discussion at that point. Purely a hunch with nothing to back it up, though.

994809[/snapback]

not a bad list imo. the fusion rookie draft went like this:

1.5 williamson

1.6 edwards (me, moved up to get)

1.8 clayton

1.13 jones (me, original pick out of 16)

2.? brown

williams was drafted last yr. we weren't sure at the time if he was going to play. williamson has to battle alot of guys for playing time at this moment. don't really like that situation, at least now. edwards should get playing time and they will be playing catchup alot this season. i think in the end, he will put up the best numbers. clayton, is the guy i thought i would wind up with. hopefully wright or boller can get it to him. although mason and moore seem to have the starting 1,2 positions down. i like matt jones. hugh potential. smith looks like he can play a few more yrs so jones needs to be better than williams over there. still, they seemed to want to get him the ball in some capacity. i'll take some out of position pts anytime. brown is decent. should get playing time but still is number 3 i believe to lewis and owens.

994809[/snapback]

Yes, Jones at one time lined up at quarterback out of the shotgun and took a power off-tackle to the right. He also did run a reverse, which is the one play in particular where I noticed his speed. It seemed Michael Boulware had an easy angle to knock him out of bounds and all of a sudden he had to drastically change his angle as Jones ran by him to to be able to push Jones out of bounds before he got by him down the sideline. And then you watch the replay again and it still seems like he's running in slow motion except he's just blowin by people. I really can't think of anything I've ever seen quite like it.

I just picked up Matt Jones this week on my ww and I have to say I think the kid will make a impact middle to late this year. HE"S A FREAK!!! TE size. sprinter speed and has that attitude to go with it. I think if Jimmy Smith keeps defense's attention and Jags running game picks up is when Jones will start to be a factor.