[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

what's up with Ferguson?

HowboutthemCowboys

No, not quite Javon-like #s. He's not as big and physical as Javon. Javon out-dueled alot of DBs for his receptions and TDs last year. Ferguson if probably better after the catch (speed and quickness). I look for 800 yds and 6 TDs. JMO!

Okay, if you have to hear it......

I'd rather have almost any other starter in the league than Ferguson. He won't be spectacular. He won't be steady. He'll probably muster a few good games here and there. But I sure wouldn't want him as a starter for my fantasy team. When given the choice on the waiver wire this week I took Booker and left Ferguson for someone else to deal with.

He might not even keep the job.

walker was a stud.  you can't just replace him and think the #'s will be the same, or even close to it. esp. from someone like ferguson who has always disappointed. will ferguson put up ok stats? probably

993647[/snapback]

Andre Rison

Antonio Freeman

Bill Schroder

Donald Driver

Javon Walker

Its not the receiver, its the guy throwing him the ball. Walker, just like all the others can, and will be replaced.

Andre Rison

Antonio Freeman

Bill Schroder

Donald Driver

Javon Walker

Its not the receiver, its the guy throwing him the ball.  Walker, just like all the others can, and will be replaced.

994564[/snapback]

Andre Rison played one season with the packers and had 1 touchdown. In the 3 seasons that Bill Schroeder was a full time player he averaged under a thousand yards and 6 tds. Freeman was a stud for a few years and driver's had a couple decent seasons. That's really not indicative of anybody being able to just step in and put up top 5 or top 10 fantasy numbers

Okay, if you have to hear it......

I'd rather have almost any other starter in the league than Ferguson.  He won't be spectacular.  He won't be steady.  He'll probably muster a few good games here and there.  But I sure wouldn't want him as a starter for my fantasy team.  When given the choice on the waiver wire this week I took Booker and left Ferguson for someone else to deal with.

He might not even keep the job.

993735[/snapback]

I thought this response was on the money. I got beaten to Booker and ended up with ferguson, but he'll ramin on my bench until he shows me something. He's had some opportunities in the past and has not done much with them. And I share the concern that Murphy ends up beating him out for the job.

If I'm not mistaken, the Packers' passing game relies heavily on the flanker position. When Walker went down, Ferguson was not slotted into his spot. Instead, they moved Driver over to flanker and gave Ferguson the split end spot. So the real question should be whether or not Ferguson can now put up Driver-like numbers, which last year were pretty good numbers. To which my opinion is no, he probably will not.

I don't think Ferguson is anything special. I made him my last pick in my local draft as a flyer. Now, with Javon out, we'll see if that flyer pans out. At the very least, I see him being a good bye-week filler, at least early on. We'll also see what this Murphy kid can do. The bottom line is, he's not going to just replace Walker. Having him as depth helps, but I think Driver is in store for the better year. Time will tell...

Andre Rison played one season with the packers and had 1 touchdown.  In the 3 seasons that Bill Schroeder was a full time player he averaged under a thousand yards and 6 tds.  Freeman was a stud for a few years and driver's had a couple decent seasons.  That's really not indicative of anybody being able to just step in and put up top 5 or top 10 fantasy numbers

994796[/snapback]

Schroader had 1051, and 999 in to back to back seasons

Robert Brooks in two years had 2500 yards and 20 touchdowns

Walker in three years has just over 2400 yards and 22 touchdowns... So I do see it indicitave for anyone being able to step up... Driver came from out of no where, and we've already discussed Freeman. Every year Favre makes a receiver a 1000 yard guy.

Wasn't it around this time last year (and most certainly the year prior) where it was up in the air as to who was batter, Walker or Ferg?

995187[/snapback]

Yeah, Walker was actually slated to start last year, but he's had problems with his hammy, and some other random injuries due to his insanity on special teams. Fergi is the more physical of the two, but he's not cereberal. I think if his thinks a little bit more on the field and stays focused, the pack will be fine. Being someone who hasnt missed a packers game since the invention of the sunday ticket, I really do think Ferguson could be better this year that Walker was last year.

any chance he puts up Javon-like #'s?Sounds crazy,but could it happen?

993570[/snapback]

If, and that is a big if,that anyone can put up Javon's numbers from last year it will be Driver..not Furguson who does it. that being said Furguson could get near 1000 yards and would make a DECENT option from time to time.

Andre Rison played one season with the packers and had 1 touchdown.  In the 3 seasons that Bill Schroeder was a full time player he averaged under a thousand yards and 6 tds.  Freeman was a stud for a few years and driver's had a couple decent seasons.  That's really not indicative of anybody being able to just step in and put up top 5 or top 10 fantasy numbers

994796[/snapback]

Rison had 1 in the Super Bowl as well. If Favre did well with mediocre WR's how would he do with a legitimate receiver. Walker was one. Driver is too. Sharpe was too and the best of them all while he was playing.

Favre didn't have a stud receiver from the time Sterling got hurt until Javon came along.  That is a lot of years of making a lot of average receivers into stars.  It always seemed like some receiver would come out of the woodwork and step up, but in reality, it was all Favre and the bullets he'd throw even when the receiver wasn't open or just barely open.  Even an aging Don Beebe had a 200 yard night due to a lack of receivers on one occasion.  It could be argued that Antonio Freebird was a stud for a year or two, but really it was just his willingness to fearlessly go over the middle that led to him being a star (and then he got the big bucks and didn't seem so fearless anymore).  So I have no doubt that Fergy can step up ala robert brooks, especially if he is still willing to go over the middle after last years near decapitating hit that he took.  This is especially true because driver is a nice second receiver, but lacks the skills to overcome being the focus of a defense.  So it is completely possible for fergy and driver to both total 1200 yards and 10 td's this year.

995748[/snapback]

1200 and 10 would be beautiful... I think he can get the yards, but I think he'll have around 5-6 td's