[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Shut up M Irvin

Randall

Explain to me why, if Walker was such and important part of the team, Farve called him out instead of calling management out to pay this important player money we all know him to be worth in terms of NFL money.

995413[/snapback]

Because Brett doesn't give a crap how much Walker makes and is just interested in winning? Peyton Manning has called out Edge for working out by himself in Miami instead of with the team in Indiana before. It's the same principle: If they don't practice together, they won't perform as well on the field.

• Replies 169
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

And if they chimed in with off the cuff, inappropriate comments at raise or promotion time for you based on opinion and not fact that could adversely affect your career, you'd be pissed b/c that is your livelihood and security for your family at stake. :D

Keep it real people, keep it real :D

995381[/snapback]

he said that walker was handling everything wrong, and that he needs to get to work...

That would be getting off easy if you ask me.

Did you read the Favre quote, or imagine it in your head?

Oh, my God!  Walker might have to get a REGULAR job at age 30, just like the rest of us!  He might only have a half million in the bank by then!  HOW will he survive???  :D

995409[/snapback]

Apparently you have this notion that entertainers, which athletes are, live and operate in a similar world as we do. I apologize that your foresight is so limited. If you have the ability to make 10 times what you make now, wouldn't you do it. Sports, entertainment, selling insurance...they are BUSINESSES not activities for yours or my pleasure. Our interest in them is what allows owners and players to both get rich. If they are talented enough and people want to see them, they deserve whatever they can get. I'm sure there are homeless people who wonders how you have trouble making your $50K a year last. It's all relative. Think about that the next time you go see a movie where Jim Carrey pulls down $20 million for 5 months work.

Dude you've lost perspective here not me.  Yes $500,000.00 a year is a lot of money to nobody's like you and me.  It ain't $hit in the NFL.

I never said it is Favre's fault that Walker got injured nobody has.  You keep pulling that inaccurate statement out yer a$$ when nobody's made that argument.  What we are saying was that it was wrong for Favre to call Walker out in the press.  That's what Irvin said and I agree.

Explain to me why, if Walker was such and important part of the team, Farve called him out instead of calling management out to pay this important player money we all know him to be worth in terms of NFL money.

995413[/snapback]

:D:D Agreed 100%. It was an on-field injury. Favre did not get in his Mississippi pick-up and run him over.

What Favre did do was :D "get your butt to camp" and then :D "Wow. you got hurt. too bad. "

Why not?  The same "rich white folk owe us" attitude applies.

995403[/snapback]

Yep, and we see how well that one's going. Where are these rich white folk you speak and who's calling for them? The application of that philosophy is misplaced on this one and in conflict with the aid that is supposed to be applied for AMERICAN CITIZENS that are victims of a disaster on AMERICAN SOIL which is part and parcel of what the TAX DOLLARS paid by AMERICAN CITIZENS are for. Or is just for the poor white folk who live in trailer parks in Tornado Alley and refuse to leave when a "Tornado" is coming through?

Because Brett doesn't give a crap how much Walker makes and is just interested in winning?  Peyton Manning has called out Edge for working out by himself in Miami instead of with the team in Indiana before.  It's the same principle: If they don't practice together, they won't perform as well on the field.

995422[/snapback]

So if you want him to be at practice and know he's not happy about the money he makes you have three options:

1. Keep yer trap shut

2. Call out the player

3. Call out management to pay the player

Why is #2 the correct response to the situation if you want this important cog there practicing?

Apparently you have this notion that entertainers, which athletes are, live and operate in a similar world as we do.  I apologize that your foresight is so limited. 

995437[/snapback]

And I'm sorry that you actually feel pain for someone who might only make $2-3 million million by age 30, instead of $30 million. But if Javon's knees aren't strong enough to earn him that kind of money, you'll have to excuse me for not shedding tears. Unlike a lot of other people in this country, he'll be living comfortably either way.

he said that walker was handling everything wrong, and that he needs to get to work...

That would be getting off easy if you ask me.

Did you read the Favre quote, or imagine it in your head?

995427[/snapback]

That's the point, he should have imagined it in his head and kept it there. He is a team leader not the lead negotiator. Again, if Favre was so concerned about getting Walker in camp and having the tools around him to win he could have restructured some of his money to get it done. If he wasn't willing to step up and be a part of the solution the correct answer was "no comment on the business of the team, I'm not in the front office I'm a player" :D

Edited by alexandernevermind

And I'm sorry that you actually feel pain for someone who might only make $2-3 million million by age 30, instead of $30 million.  But if Javon's knees aren't strong enough to earn him that kind of money, you'll have to excuse me for not shedding tears.  Unlike a lot of other people in this country, he'll be living comfortably either way.

995454[/snapback]

It's nice to know you are the ringleader of the generic "Athletes make too much money" group without applying logic, reasoning and economics. Texans are supposed to be smarter than that.

So if you want him to be at practice and know he's not happy about the money he makes you have three options:

1.  Keep yer trap shut

2.  Call out the player

3.  Call out management to pay the player

Why is #2 the correct response to the situation if you want this important cog there practicing?

995445[/snapback]

Why should Favre call out the Packers front office? They're holding up their end of the bargain. They gave Javon a contract four years ago that says the Green Bay Packers are paying him X amount of money to play for them in 2005. Walker would be in violation of the agreement if he had held out, not the Packers. Therefore, option (3) wouldn't have been the correct one. Option (1) may have, but it's not getting Walker into camp to honor his contract and help the team win. And, again, Brett didn't FORCE Walker to do anything. His rhetoric was very benign. And what Brett says is irrelevant anyway. Javon's a grown man, he's proven himself on the field, and went to a Pro Bowl. And given that he just fired Rosenhaus, it sounds like Javon knows EXACTLY whose fault it is that he didn't get a new deal worked out this summer.

I find it laughable that Walker suffers a freak knee injury while being tackled and it's all Favre's fault. Nobody's blaming the guy who tackled Walker. Why not? Was he not rich or white enough? Not that it would be justified anyway, because it was a freak accident. I'm surprised that nobody has blamed Favre for Hurricane Katrina. Oh, my mistake, that was BUSH'S fault! :D

It's nice to know you are the ringleader of the generic "Athletes make too much money" group without applying logic, reasoning and economics.  Texans are supposed to be smarter than that.

995469[/snapback]

No, the problem is that you liberals don't know much about "logic, reasoning, or economics." Javon Walker's life will not be in ruins if he doesn't get a Pro Bowl-caliber contract because of this knee injujry.

Placing blame where it's due, Javon's knees are at fault for being too weak. Are we all happy now?

I'm surprised that nobody has blamed Favre for Hurricane Katrina. Oh, my mistake, that was BUSH'S fault! :D

995503[/snapback]

At no time, under any circumstances, in any parallel universe could Bush have been involved in a strike that devastating and successful. Check his track record...

:D

Why should Favre call out the Packers front office?  They're holding up their end of the bargain.  They gave Javon a contract four years ago that says the Green Bay Packers are paying him X amount of money to play for them in 2005.  Walker would be in violation of the agreement if he had held out, not the Packers.  Therefore, option (3) wouldn't have been the correct one.  Option (1) may have, but it's not getting Walker into camp to honor his contract and help the team win.  And, again, Brett didn't FORCE Walker to do anything.  His rhetoric was very benign.  And what Brett says is irrelevant anyway.  Javon's a grown man, he's proven himself on the field, and went to a Pro Bowl.  And given that he just fired Rosenhaus, it sounds like Javon knows EXACTLY whose fault it is that he didn't get a new deal worked out this summer.

995503[/snapback]

Hey...much closer to a coherent well-thought argument. The only problem is Javon is not required to play under a contract nor is Green Bay required to force him to play. Both parties have to agree on that based on perceived value. I think Walker should have continued to hold out because he did deserve more money. It doesn't make them bad, greedy people...just smart. Favre did what he did for his own selfish reasons and not with Walker's best interests. I just hate the argument that if a player holds out he is greedy and manipulative and holding the team hostage. Owens should not have holded out cause he had a new and bigger contract just a year earlier but Walker was vastly underpaid. If owners can cut a player without any recourse a player should be allowed to holdout to increase his worth as well. Up front money is the only thing that the players can truly rely on.

The only problem is Javon is not required to play under a contract nor is Green Bay required to force him to play.  Both parties have to agree on that based on perceived value.  I think Walker should have continued to hold out because he did deserve more money.  It doesn't make them bad, greedy people...just smart.  Favre did what he did for his own selfish reasons and not with Walker's best interests.

995570[/snapback]

So, it's not selfish for Walker to hold out and hold his team's passing game hostage, but it is for Favre to tell him to get into camp and honor his contract?

Talk about a double standard... :D

Hey...much closer to a coherent well-thought argument. 

You're a moron.

I find it laughable that Walker suffers a freak knee injury while being tackled and it's all Favre's fault. 

995503[/snapback]

this point has been made over and over here, but i'll make it again since it seems like you don't get it. no one is saying this is favre's fault. they are saying what he did was wrong.

do you want your co-workers telling you to get back to your cube and keep working when you are negotiating for a raise? better yet, do you want your co-workers going to the newspapers to have them write that you should get back to work? he was out of line.

doesn't matter how much walker is making, favre should have kept his mouth shut, or, if he were truly a leader, he should have been there for his teammate in support of how good he made his QB look last season.

those same owners will send favre packing this season if he keeps up this level of play. then we will see how much of a 'company guy' and a 'leader' favre is.

tony

No, the problem is that you liberals don't know much about "logic, reasoning, or economics."  Javon Walker's life will not be in ruins if he doesn't get a Pro Bowl-caliber contract because of this knee injujry.

Placing blame where it's due, Javon's knees are at fault for being too weak.  Are we all happy now?

995523[/snapback]

You liberals?

You don't know a darn thing about me. I'm no liberal. Are you an NRA gun-toting redneck? :D

This isn't about whether his life will be in ruins, its about maximizing his income potential. A concept as a republican I'm familiar with.