[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Shut up M Irvin

Randall

• Replies 169
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

this point has been made over and over here, but i'll make it again since it seems like you don't get it.  no one is saying this is favre's fault.  they are saying what he did was wrong.

do you want your co-workers telling you to get back to your cube and keep working when you are negotiating for a raise?  better yet, do you want your co-workers going to the newspapers to have them write that you should get back to work?  he was out of line.

doesn't matter how much walker is making, favre should have kept his mouth shut, or, if he were truly a leader, he should have been there for his teammate in support of how good he made his QB look last season.

those same owners will send favre packing this season if he keeps up this level of play.  then we will see how much of a 'company guy' and a 'leader' favre is.

tony

995611[/snapback]

And the non sense about Favre being there for his teammate, Walker... 52 out weighs 1.

When I want a raise, I continue to work at a high level. They'll notice you soon enough. I never threatened to hold out until a raise was given... We're just going to keep going in circles here. Everyone has a point, and to each point, there is a counterpoint. There is no black and white, wrong or right. Its how you perceive it.

Oh yeah, i'm also from Texas.

Edited by piratesownninjas

Packer fans cannot be considered Texans.  :D

I see Swerski has gotten to the bottom line finally.  He's a racist republican who will side with whitey in spite of all facts pointing to whitey's being wrong.  gotcha.

995663[/snapback]

In the words of Robot Greggo...Good Point!!!

Only people in DFW will get that.

he should have been there for his teammate in support of how good he made his QB look last season.

995611[/snapback]

Favre doesn't need super-talented WRs to make him look good. In fact, the opposite is true. Bill Schroeder and Antonio Freeman are good examples.

I can see your point, but saying that Favre "underminded" Walker's ability to secure a new deal isn't really true. Favre's job is to win games. That's not going to happen if his best WR is holding out for a new contract while everyone else's QBs and WRs are practicing together at training camp. He doesn't give a crap about Walker's contract, nor should he be expected to. Manning has called out Edge several times in the press for not working out with the rest of the Colts offense.

It's more correct to place to blame on either Rosenhaus for not getting a new deal done or Walker himself for not being able to stay healthy.

Oh really?  Everyone there makes 500000 dollars?  You sir, are either an idiot, or have no grasp on reality.

995368[/snapback]

Dude - it was a joke, lighten up.

But thank you for refering to me as "Sir" - that has a nice ring to it.

I find it laughable that Walker suffers a freak knee injury while being tackled and it's all Favre's fault.  Nobody's blaming the guy who tackled Walker.  Why not?  Was he not rich or white enough?  Not that it would be justified anyway, because it was a freak accident.  I'm surprised that nobody has blamed Favre for Hurricane Katrina.  Oh, my mistake, that was BUSH'S fault!  :D

995503[/snapback]

Again nobody's blaim Favre for the injury.

It is not Favre's job to get players into camp just like it's not his job to mentor rodgers so that makes option #1 the correct answer, Michael Irvin and the rest of us correct and you and Favre wrong.

I see Swerski has gotten to the bottom line finally.  He's a racist republican who will side with whitey in spite of all facts pointing to whitey's being wrong.  gotcha.

995663[/snapback]

Wow, calling others ractists really makes a strong case for your argument. Good job. :D

Here's an idea: You and Michael Irvin can go work with Jesse Jackson on those slave reparation lawsuits. :D

Favre's job is to win games.  That's not going to happen if his best WR is holding out for a new contract while everyone else's QBs and WRs are practicing together at training camp.  He doesn't give a crap about Walker's contract, nor should he be expected to.  Manning has called out Edge several times in the press for not working out with the rest of the Colts offense.

995679[/snapback]

true, favre and everyone else wants to win games. you have to admit, however, that if favre would have said to the press, "i sure hope that javon and the owners can work this out soon so that we can put the best team out there on the field" instead of saying that he is going about it the "wrong way" and telling reporters what he thinks javon should do, it would have been much classier and more reflective of a true leader.

tony

It is not Favre's job to get players into camp just like it's not his job to mentor rodgers so that makes option #1 the correct answer, Michael Irvin and the rest of us correct and you and Favre wrong.

995689[/snapback]

Irvin correcting someone... :D:D

It is not Favre's job to get players into camp just like it's not his job to mentor rodgers so that makes option #1 the correct answer,

995689[/snapback]

And it's not Favre's job to give a crap about Javon Walker's contract status. But it IS his job to make sure that he and his WRs are in camp and on the same page.

Michael Irvin and the rest of us correct and you and Favre wrong.

Siding with Michael Irvin makes you almost inherently wrong. :D

true, favre and everyone else wants to win games.  you have to admit, however, that if favre would have said to the press, "i sure hope that javon and the owners can work this out soon so that we can put the best team out there on the field" instead of saying that he is going about it the "wrong way" and telling reporters what he thinks javon should do, it would have been much classier and more reflective of a true leader.

tony

995711[/snapback]

Thats called sugar coating... People these days don't speak up for what they think and beleive anymore. You need out spoken people to run anything. I for one found it refreshing that someone came out and said something. You signed your name to the packers contract, you belong to the pack for five years.

And it's not Favre's job to give a crap about Javon Walker's contract status.  But it IS his job to make sure that he and his WRs are in camp and on the same page.

995720[/snapback]

No actually that's the General Manager's job. Favre's job is to throw TD passes. Maybe he was so worried about being co-GM that explains why he sucked so bad last weekend. Now yer wrong again Swerski.

true, favre and everyone else wants to win games.  you have to admit, however, that if favre would have said to the press, "i sure hope that javon and the owners can work this out soon so that we can put the best team out there on the field" instead of saying that he is going about it the "wrong way" and telling reporters what he thinks javon should do, it would have been much classier and more reflective of a true leader.

995711[/snapback]

What about Javon's role as a leader? If he wants big bucks in his next contract, he needs to show some leadership skills himself. He can't be much of a leader if he holds out.

You put that on posters for yer band's gigs?

995728[/snapback]

well, my singer is a bleeding heart liberal, one guitarist is hardcore republican... I voted for Bush because Kerry was that bad... Im more of on the fence. No, on our flyers we put pictures of Charlton Heston holding a guitar with a pentagram on his head with text that says "see zoma, drink booze"

No actually that's the General Manager's job.  Favre's job is to throw TD passes. 

995742[/snapback]

Funny, I don't know how many GMs that work on timing routes with the QBs and WRs during camp. And I don't know of many QBs who have success throwing TDs to WRs they never practice with.

Wrong again, Commie Clubhead. :D

Bill, I beg you.  Put down the rifle, take out your terbacky and drive your mobile home out of Texas.  You are skewing my state's average IQ downward.

:D

995752[/snapback]

I do not own a rifle or a mobile home. And being a postdoctoral-level scientist, I find your IQ remark humorous. Nice try, though. :D

I'd love to chat more, but I have some molecular dynamics calculations to attend to. Ciao...

Edited by Bill Swerski

Funny, I don't know how many GMs that work on timing routes with the QBs and WRs during camp.  And I don't know of many QBs who have success throwing TDs to WRs they never practice with.

Wrong again, Commie Clubhead.  :D

995769[/snapback]

Last time Swerski. Favre's job is not to negotiate contracts or to get players into camp. Are you intentionally being stupid?

I do not own a rifle or a mobile home.  And being a postdoctoral-level scientist, I find your IQ remark humorous.  Nice try, though.  :D

I'd love to chat more, but I have some molecular dynamics calculations to attend to.  Chao...

995793[/snapback]

That's how you spell Chao? :D

Please don't reproduce.