Sign in to follow this  
SupaDawg

Week #2 TE Starter

I have Dallas Clark and am hesitant to start him vs. starting Ben Watson of New England. Of course Manning is the bigger passer, but I saw some good things from Watson on OPENING DAY.

Also, our scoring is different +6 yds/rec = 1pt for TE's.

____

Starting:

QB - Collins

RB - 1. Tomilinson

RB - 2. Martin

RB - 3. Willy Parker (yes, picked him up on Draft day, but didnt start him last week :oH!)

WR - HOLT

TE - Clark or Watson

K - Akers

Clark.  Watson & Graham split too much ...

995805[/snapback]

True... Now that Pollard is gone, I bet they go to Clark more. I look at Manning as a QB who loves hitting his TE just for the love of the game - kinda like Farve does.

Agree with Clark.

Agree with Clark.

995879[/snapback]

I like Clark slightly better, but I think it is close.

I have personally never been that high on Clark. Because the Colts have 3 good receivers, Clark is like the 5th option in the passing game (after Harrison, Wayne, Stokely, and Edge). But the Colts throw a lot, so being the 5th option on that team isn't really that bad.

Clark compares favorably with Watson, since Watson is probably around the 5th option on his team and the pats don't throw as much.

I think that Watson is more athletic and can do more with the ball after the catch. If the Pats take advantage of this and target him more, that may make him more valuable in the future. But for the time being, Clark is the better choice.

I would start Clark every week over Watson until their respective performances dicated that I re-evaluate that decision. And guess what in one of my leagues I have both of those TEs and that is exactly what I am doing.

I believe that Clark was upgraded to "probable", based on that, you start him.