[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Can I get opinions

peepinmofo

I see a lot of running on offense.

I see two quarterbacks getting harassed all day long.

I see kickers and punters with big opportunities to be difference makers for their teams this week. Both due to field goals and their impact on field position.

I see two teams having trouble with penalities early this season (Bucs lost 99 yards on 13 flags in Week 1; Bills lost 71 yards on 10) in a game where penalites could be more costly than usual.

I see turnovers making the difference. Buffalo (zero turnovers in Week 1) may have the advantage over Tampa Bay (2 turnovers last week) in this department.

Edited by yo mama

I think this will be a great game and I look forward to watching it. The Bills defense may be the best in the league. The shutdown the Texans in an impressive fashion. Tampa looked great in shutting down Daunte Culpepper. Both of these teams are for real with a couple of great defenses. I dont like Caddy or McGahee to have hugh games because running room will be tough to find. But both coaches will look for creative ways to get them the ball. Maybe alot of screen passes or getting the rb's out on passing routes. Game of the week in my opinion with the Bills winning it in a nail biter. Something like 17-14...

It's gonna be HOT. It might be the middle of Sept. but it has been in the mid 90's all week and the humidity will be high especially on the Gulf Coast. It's really hard for a northern team to handle 4 quarters of the brutal conditions especially in a game where the defenses will be key. Look at the Bronco's last week. By the end of the 3rd they were simply out of gas. I see this game going along similar lines. Low scoring, physical and alot of players sucking on O2 on the sidelines.

From non homers, how do you see this game panning out? Its easy for me to say the Bills will win, but how do you outsiders feel about this game?

996908[/snapback]

Looks to me like one of those games where every expects it to be low scoring and it turns into a shootout(of course with the help of some defensive TD's.)

the over is a good bet here this week IMO.

Buccaneers 34 Bills 27

I think this will be a great game and I look forward to watching it.  The Bills defense may be the best in the league.  The shutdown the Texans in an impressive fashion.  Tampa looked great in shutting down Daunte Culpepper.  Both of these teams are for real with a couple of great defenses.  I dont like Caddy or McGahee to have hugh games because running room will be tough to find.  But both coaches will look for creative ways to get them the ball.  Maybe alot of screen passes or getting the rb's out on passing routes.  Game of the week in my opinion with the Bills winning it in a nail biter.  Something like 17-14...

997370[/snapback]

I agree, but it could be a field goal of defensive score game, 15-12 or 16-12. Should be hard hitting and fun to watch.

Bills and the Over.

#1, these teams can both score.

#2, the Bills don't make mistakes the way Minnesota makes mistakes.

This site sucks again today.

998370[/snapback]

the over?....I'm not one to say someone is wrong from a betting perspective...I'd just like to know your thoughts as I don't see the Bills allowing themselves to score or be scored upon this game..

I watched the Bucs game and their defensive front gave Minnesota fits. They put pressure on the QB without blitzing all day. They allowed like 16 yards rushing. They have tons of speed. Just like the SB team used to. I think the Bucs are a surprise team this year. Their young offensive line didn't stick out at all. Cadillac shows some a nice burst. Cadillac didn't have a great game until that last run though, it was a last-ditch effort to stuff TB to get the ball back.

Minnesota oline has some definite problems, but it's obvious that TB is strong up front. TB's cover 2 becomes lethal if the D-line plays like that every week.

JP Losman is going to get picked 2-3 times, Bucs win

the over?....I'm not one to say someone is wrong from a betting perspective...I'd just like to know your thoughts as I don't see the Bills allowing themselves to score or be scored upon this game..

998417[/snapback]

I just don't see this game as a defensive struggle. TBs defensive performance was aided by 2 RZ TOs and a penalty that called back a TD vs. the Vikings. BUFs defense was only on the field for 21 minutes vs. Houston, thanks to 5 TOs. They still gave up over 4 YPC against the run.

I don't know that it's a barn burner, considering it's Losman's first road start, but I imagine the outcome to be a lot closer to 24-17 than 17-14.

:D BTW, the originator of this thread is a Bills fan who lives by Tampa.

998192[/snapback]

Correction...IN Tampa. :D

Always have, likely always will. Problem is, I was never a fan of the Bucs before, so I never jumped on the lame ass bandwagon here.

Bills fan for life.