Sign in to follow this  
Ursa Majoris

Forum post indicators

Those blue / gray icons next to each forum.......how are they supposed to work? I thought they went blue when there was a new post in the forum until some time limit was reached, then they reverted to gray. I inhabit about seven forums and the icons seem to work erratically, so I check the last post date and time instead.

It's not a big deal or anything, but can anybody shed any light on how these are supposed to work?

Edited by Ursa Majoris

I believe it turns blue if there was a new post since your last visit to the messege boards, whether or not you visit that forum.

I've had similar problems. Sometimes they change, and sometimes not.

I believe it turns blue if there was a new post since your last visit to the messege boards, whether or not you visit that forum.

997916[/snapback]

I've had similar problems.  Sometimes they change, and sometimes not.

998098[/snapback]

Hmmm. It might be because I very rarely log out of the boards because I leave my computers running 24x7, at home and at work. :D

Hmmm.  It might be because I very rarely log out of the boards because I leave my computers running 24x7, at home and at work.  :D

998099[/snapback]

I do the same w/ my desktop & laptop. But I do put the LT in sleep.

when i look at a thread, then refresh at any point, i get the little thing to turn a more solid color. always works for me, but then again, i refrsh after everytime i look at a thread.

Edited by seminoles

I have that problem all the time.

I have gotten in the habit of clicking the "Mark this forum as read" link to get the light to go out when it doesn't do it on it's own.