[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Let's talk about the Metal

Chavez

I have literally heard NOTHING bad about that Anvil movie.

I missed it's go-round in my area. Apparently Anvil is opening for AC/DC in Foxboro Stadium. They've gotten some massive buzz off that film, which is freakin' awesome. I hope they have a good run of success, sounds like they deserve it.

May have already been mentioned, but I'm digging Mastadon's new album, "Crack the Skye".

Everyone seems to love Mastodon. Except me.

May have already been mentioned, but I'm digging Mastadon's new album, "Crack the Skye".

:wacko: I love it as well. Saw them live back in April and the played the whole album to start the show. If you get the opportunity, definitely see them live, it was one of the best shows I've ever been to.

:wacko: I love it as well. Saw them live back in April and the played the whole album to start the show. If you get the opportunity, definitely see them live, it was one of the best shows I've ever been to.

Question: Have they abandoned those hideous vocals that completely ruined Leviathan, otherwise a good album?

Question: Have they abandoned those hideous vocals that completely ruined Leviathan, otherwise a good album?

the vocals on 'Crack the Skye' are generally clean. Check out some of the songs on their myspace page.

maybe you should give Leviathan another chance. i had the same thoughts as you when I first heard it, but now I love it and appreciate it for the masterpiece that it is. :wacko:

• 3 months later...
I have literally heard NOTHING bad about that Anvil movie.

I missed it's go-round in my area. Apparently Anvil is opening for AC/DC in Foxboro Stadium. They've gotten some massive buzz off that film, which is freakin' awesome. I hope they have a good run of success, sounds like they deserve it.

I JUST watched this, and I have to say even if you don't like metal, this is just a great human story.

Lips comes across as possibly one of the nicest guys EVER. Maybe mildly deluded, but very nice.

• 11 months later...
  • 1 year later...

I've gotta go with the most popular quote - "my favorite part was when the entire f*cking video happened"

EDIT - generally I kinda hate these "parody" type-vids, but I'll allow it for this one because they seem to be doing more homage to bands they actually might like (Alice, PJ, NWA, etc....maybe not so much the Rico Suave part, which took me a bit to figure out but is hilarious)

Edited by Chavez

I've gotta go with the most popular quote - "my favorite part was when the entire f*cking video happened"

EDIT - generally I kinda hate these "parody" type-vids, but I'll allow it for this one because they seem to be doing more homage to bands they actually might like (Alice, PJ, NWA, etc....maybe not so much the Rico Suave part, which took me a bit to figure out but is hilarious)

That took me a bit also.....I also like the Eddie Vedder one-foot stage dive dive.

Right now, I'm digging progressive metal bands with women lead singers. Check out Lacuna Coil and Nightwish.

Queensryche is coming to the Cites on the 24th and are doing the entire Operation: Mindcrime show plus other classics. I'm way beyond pumped to see it. :wacko:

Caught Queensryche in Vegas a few months ago. Outstanding show!

Off to see Megadeth for the 5th time at the Fillmore in Denver next week. Along with Lacuna Coil and Motorhead. Haven't heard much of LC's music (apart from a track on Guitar Hero), but am looking forward to seeing them & will prob pick up a CD or two afterwards.