[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Everyone is too high on Willie Parker imo.

bigbadwolf

Everywhere I look it's Willie this or Willie that. It's I'm starting Willie over Edge or Portis is sitting for Willie. He did great last week, and looked good in small dosages at the end of last year. I just simply think everyone needs to be cautious and realize he is basically a good flex position play. One of these games, likely this week, he's gonna get shut down.

I'm sure I'll get teased to no end about this prediction, but he is gonna be a flash in the pan imo.

Everywhere I look it's Willie this or Willie that.  It's I'm starting Willie over Edge or Portis is sitting for Willie.  He did great last week, and looked good in small dosages at the end of last year.  I just simply think everyone needs to be cautious and realize he is basically a good flex position play.  One of these games, likely this week, he's gonna get shut down.

I'm sure I'll get teased to no end about this prediction, but he is gonna be a flash in the pan imo.

1000513[/snapback]

Can't let me down as much as Jamal Lewis has. What's he got 5 caries for -4 yards?

sounds like a person that does not have willie on his roster

well i do have willie and HE"S THE MAN!!!!!!

huh JAMAL???? :D

BTW Guess what kind of car I like CADILLAC

CADDY AND WILLIE ARE THE SHIZITZ!!!! :D

Edited by jarhead

The 9th round came around and he was the next RB on my list. We use Sportsline and had those pre-season player stickers for the draft board. I stared at the RB sheets for a few seconds before I realized that Parker wasn't listed. So, I had to grab a Sharpie and write him in on a blank sticker. The only thing blanker than the sticker was the look on the faces of the rest of the league, except for one owner.

Looks like it will be right there with getting Gates late last year and the first big year in Denver for Portis when he also slid. Very nice when preparation and luck intersect.

with the steelers line any rb will be great. 110 yds and td today can't beat it.

as long as he's doing this good,i don't see staley or bettis in any hurry to come back

1000929[/snapback]

i hope not :D

Everywhere I look it's Willie this or Willie that.  It's I'm starting Willie over Edge or Portis is sitting for Willie.  He did great last week, and looked good in small dosages at the end of last year.  I just simply think everyone needs to be cautious and realize he is basically a good flex position play.  One of these games, likely this week, he's gonna get shut down.

1000513[/snapback]

I am sorry you did not pick him up, but remember you have to shut down the Steelers along with Parker. The Steelers are a great running team for many reasons. Unless Parker changes the way he approches the game or he gets hurt, he will not slow down. Sure he will have up and down weeks but ALL backs have them. This could have been one of them. He said(alng with many other Steelers) that he felt slow today. I guess that comes with it being 120 degrees and all black spamshirts. Oh well my bet is on Fast Willie

I am extremely suprised that more people did not see this coming. It was a pretty classic set up for a sleeper to go off.

I am sorry you did not pick him up, but remember you have to shut down the Steelers along with Parker. The Steelers are a great running team for many reasons. Unless Parker changes the way he approches the game or he gets hurt, he will not slow down. Sure he will have up and down weeks but ALL backs have them. This could have been one of them. He said(alng with many other Steelers) that he felt slow today. I guess that comes with it being 120 degrees and all black spamshirts. Oh well my bet is on Fast Willie

I am extremely suprised that more people did not see this coming. It was a pretty classic set up for a sleeper to go off.

1001551[/snapback]

Well put Grimm!! :D

The 9th round came around and he was the next RB on my list. We use Sportsline and had those pre-season player stickers for the draft board. I stared at the RB sheets for a few seconds before I realized that Parker wasn't listed. So, I had to grab a Sharpie and write him in on a blank sticker. The only thing blanker than the sticker was the look on the faces of the rest of the league, except for one owner.

Exactly what happen with me on our draft night. I wrote his name on a blank sticker in the 10th round. That was on August 26th. I had the Steelers pre-season game recorded on the Tivo when I got home. The Bus went down and Wille lit the running game up!

I know it is a different position but Gates was an undrafted free agent who signed with the Bolts and impressed in a few games late in the season. Next year (last year) he did pretty well as I recall. The NFL is filled with stories of no name RBs producing in the right situations (Priest, Olandis Gary, Terrell Davis, Mike Anderson, the list goes one)

I picked up Willie Parker in the next to last round, everyone was ripping me calling me a homer and I have laughed my way to first place in 2 leagues. Thanks Willie!! I have plenty of depth at RB and figure with the upcoming schedule I may be able to get high end player now so I am entertaining trade offers for him, but I wouldn't sell him cheap.

Another Steeler rookie of the year??????? :D

Run Willy Run!! Check out the Steelers playoff schedule! I thought about trading him but why would I, he's for real and the Steelers love to run the ball!!

1002098[/snapback]

Let me also add that I drafted K jones in the 2nd so I may be an idiot. :D

I picked up Willie Parker in the next to last round, everyone was ripping me calling me a homer and I have laughed my way to first place in 2 leagues. Thanks Willie!! I have plenty of depth at RB and figure with the upcoming schedule I may be able to get high end player now so I am entertaining trade offers for him, but I wouldn't sell him cheap.

Another Steeler rookie of the year??????? :D

1001941[/snapback]

Not a Rookie of the Year candidate. He was on the squad last year too.