[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

W.Parker

Bombs Away

nothing against Willie Parker, but just about anyone could run behind this line.

Roth is averaging almost 20 yards per ATTEMPT behind this line.

Parker looks like Priest Holmes behind this line.

Even Vern Haynes is averaging like 6 yards per carry.

Parker is talented, but his line is so good that when he hits the pine and Bettis and Staley start producing at the same rate ,you are going to see a 3 headed lineup over in Pitt.

Also they have not exactly been playing the best run defenses in the league.

1001177[/snapback]

Sorry you can make the same aruement about the Chiefs offensive line. Anyone can run behind that line is what you're saying. Also, about your 3 headed lineup, what is your source? Your own educated guess? Here's what Cowher had to say today:

http://www.sportingnews.com/yourturn/viewtopic.php?t=18067

Notes: Cowher insisted Parker will remain the starter when Jerome Bettis and Duce Staley return from injuries. "Willie Parker is going nowhere," Cowher said. ... Texans DE Gary Walker separated his left shoulder and is out indefinitely. ... Roethlisberger followed last week's perfect QB rating of 153.8 with a 139.8.

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sorry you can make the same aruement about the Chiefs offensive line.  Anyone can run behind that line is what you're saying.  Also, about your 3 headed lineup, what is your source? Your own educated guess?  Here's what Cowher had to say today:

Notes: Cowher insisted Parker will remain the starter when Jerome Bettis and Duce Staley return from injuries. "Willie Parker is going nowhere," Cowher said. ... Texans DE Gary Walker separated his left shoulder and is out indefinitely. ... Roethlisberger followed last week's perfect QB rating of 153.8 with a 139.8.

1001641[/snapback]

Well actually ,you're right here. I do believe anyone can run behind the Chiefs line (when Roaf is in there). but Holmes also did it with the Ravens so I knew he could run before going to such a great place to be a RB(in K.C.) thus the reason he(Parker) ain't no Holmes yet. he(Holmes) has proven it under rougher circumstances.

As far as my sources. I was giving you my opinion you dipshucks. I seen what Cowher said. Cowher also has been known to not let players lose their jobs because of injuries. it is gonna depend on if Parker can stay healthy and how Bettis and Staley do with their touches when they do get in (which I think they will do great and both get more and more carries because of it). thus telling you my opinion and how it can work out with what Cowher said. :D

Sorry you can make the same aruement about the Chiefs offensive line.  Anyone can run behind that line is what you're saying.  Also, about your 3 headed lineup, what is your source? Your own educated guess?  Here's what Cowher had to say today:

1001641[/snapback]

Yes, and Andy Reid said for years the Eagles WRs were fine. Then he went out and signed T.O. Put the kool-aid down and walk away. And Cowher said he would start, that doesn't mean he will be the only RB they use.

Week 1 Titans give up 160 to FWP

Week 2 Titans hold Jamal Lewis to 9 yards

1001180[/snapback]

It easy to stack the line against Baltimore when you don't have to respect the passing game. I'm not saying Parker isn't good or won't continue to be productive. I just would like to see more then 2-3 games before I put him in the "stud" category.

Yes, and Andy Reid said for years the Eagles WRs were fine.  Then he went out and signed T.O.  Put the kool-aid down and walk away.  And Cowher said he would start, that doesn't mean he will be the only RB they use.

1001680[/snapback]

Not a good comparison because everyone knew the Eagles WR's were terrible.

Holmes also did it with the Ravens so I knew he could run before going to such a great place to be a RB(in K.C.) thus the reason he(Parker) ain't no Holmes yet. he(Holmes) has proven it under rougher circumstances.

1001674[/snapback]

The first test will be next week against NE at home. I've seen a lot of stud RB's in their prime, and watching Parker play...he's impressive, he's no Holmes yet, but he sure is turning heads :D

I'm not ready to put him in the "stud" category either. However, I do watch each and every Steeler game and I was lucky enough to see Parker in camp this summer. As well as talk to a few other people, one a media guy, that watched Parker in camp all summer. All I will say is that what he is doing is not surprising me. There was plenty of buzz about Parker before Bettis even got hurt. He was set to take over the third down job and it was quietly being said that he would get his chance.

I think he has made the best of his chance and I think that Cowher and everyone else that matters has taken notice. It would be foolish for you guys to think that Staley and Bettis won't see the field when healthy but how much they see the field is the question. Cowher has said very good things about Parker and I am sure that as of today he is the Steeler number one RB. Bettis is still going to get goal line plunges and it would be silly of any of us not to think so. The big question in my mind is what they do with Stayley when he comes back.

I'm not ready to put him in the "stud" category either.  However, I do watch each and every Steeler game and I was lucky enough to see Parker in camp this summer.  As well as talk to a few other people, one a media guy, that watched Parker in camp all summer.  All I will say is that what he is doing is not surprising me.  There was plenty of buzz about Parker before Bettis even got hurt.  He was set to take over the third down job and it was quietly being said that he would get his chance.

I think he has made the best of his chance and I think that Cowher and everyone else that matters has taken notice.  It would be foolish for you guys to think that Staley and Bettis won't see the field when healthy but how much they see the field is the question.  Cowher has said very good things about Parker and I am sure that as of today he is the Steeler number one RB.  Bettis is still going to get goal line plunges and it would be silly of any of us not to think so.  The big question in my mind is what they do with Stayley when he comes back.

1001706[/snapback]

Good info here.

If nothing else the post Bettis and Staley era is looking pretty solid when that time comes.

I guess we can forget the comparison to Q.Griffin, and also the idea that Parker will be sharing carries with the old bus and Staley I broke a nail...again 

If you hesistated picking him up, shame on you.  Now you have to worry facing him every week.  Next week at home against NE.  Davis 3 rushing TD's? Davis is no Parker    :D

1001043[/snapback]

Good defenses slow everybody down. If they slow Willie down it proves nothing. He is still looking better than a lot of first round backs. What's Jamal's excuse? McGhee?

You could always trade Parker if you don't like him...oh wait...you don't HAVE Parker. :D

Good defenses slow everybody down. If they slow Willie down it proves nothing. He is still looking better than a lot of first round backs. What's Jamal's excuse? McGhee?

You could always trade Parker if you don't like him...oh wait...you don't HAVE Parker.  :D

1001928[/snapback]

Didn't I say in this posts that it is easy to stack the line versus Baltimore because the passing game is horrible? Same goes for the Bills. I'm not making excuses, because these guys should still put up better numbers then they are, but when defenses can key on one guy all day it has to make it tough. At least Pittsburgh has a solid passing game as well.

I never said I didn't like Parker. In fact, I said I think he will still be productive. I just don't want to annoint him until I see a few more games, especially against better defenses.

You may want to try and read the posts before jumping all over someone.

Edited by ebartender

1001928[/snapback]

Exactly! Thank you. We don't knock actual studs when they go sub-100 against good Ds, so why knock Willie?

Also, just a sidenote, Stephan Davis just rushed for 3TDs against the Pats, who have alos given up nearly 50 points in 2 games.

Didn't I say in this posts that it is easy to stack the line versus Baltimore because the passing game is horrible?  Same goes for the Bills.  I'm not making excuses, because these guys should still put up better numbers then they are, but when defenses can key on one guy all day it has to make it tough.  At least Pittsburgh has a solid passing game as well.

I never said I didn't like Parker.  In fact, I said I think he will still be productive.  I just don't want to annoint him until I see a few more games, especially against better defenses. 

You may want to try and read the posts before jumping all over someone.

1003176[/snapback]

I am not being a wise guy when I ask: Was I talking to you? I am looking at who I quoted and it seems to be Bombs Away who is a FW Parker fan. I think I was addressing the general sour grapes crowd.

One thing is for sure. I do not wish to offend a person who conducts themself as a gentlemen. Please excuse me if I went over the line. I may still be confused about this issue. :D

Settle down ladies. Parker will continue to thrive and lose an occasional TD to Bettis. Until of course he (Bettis) retires next year. Hold on to Willie gentlemen. This is a special kid. Enjoy if you have him. If not...you can always try to look for the next Terrell Davis...Portis...now Parker (relax I am comparing him only because he came out of nowhere and probably was acquired off waivers as were Davis and Portis...RELAX!).

I guess we can forget the comparison to Q.Griffin, and also the idea that Parker will be sharing carries with the old bus and Staley I broke a nail...again 

If you hesistated picking him up, shame on you.  Now you have to worry facing him every week.  Next week at home against NE.  Davis 3 rushing TD's? Davis is no Parker    :D

1001043[/snapback]

:D What happened?

:D What happened?

1021258[/snapback]

Really, what did happen? I may have been watching something different than you guys or maybe my Stiller eyes were blind today but what I saw sure didn't seem like a Parker problem. I mean 3.25 per carry is not something to get all worked up about, that I will admit but honestly, the Patriots played a great defensive game today and had all the Steeler's numbers.

Really, what did happen?  I may have been watching something different than you guys or maybe my Stiller eyes were blind today but what I saw sure didn't seem like a Parker problem.  I mean 3.25 per carry is not something to get all worked up about, that I will admit but honestly, the Patriots played a great defensive game today and had all the Steeler's numbers.

1021355[/snapback]

i thought he did okay.

18 touches 49 yards..I thought no one can stop this guy ? To the true Steelers homers im just busting balls a little but this thread last week was annointing Parker as the next Emmitt Smith .

Edited by whomper

Really, what did happen?  I may have been watching something different than you guys or maybe my Stiller eyes were blind today but what I saw sure didn't seem like a Parker problem.  I mean 3.25 per carry is not something to get all worked up about, that I will admit but honestly, the Patriots played a great defensive game today and had all the Steeler's numbers.

1021355[/snapback]

i started parker over Julius Jones today!!!... :D god I hate that!!!:D.....cadillac faired well for me as my other starter, but he couldn't find the endzone. now at least i dont have to bang my head and guess which to start next week cause free willy is on a bye........caddy and jj will be my 2 "studs" and free willy will fill in as a spot starter(matchup) and bye weeks! just my 2 cents

18 touches  49 yards..I thought no one can stop this guy ? To the true Steelers homers im just busting balls a little but this thread last week was anointing Parker as the next Emmitt Smith .

1021368[/snapback]

Okay, I can accept that but honestly, he did the same thing as the two other RB's that the Pats played this year, IMO. That is minus the three one yard plunges that Davis had.

I will be the first to go on record and say that you only start studs vs the Pats. I knew that coming into this week but I still started WP in hopes that he would bust one or two. I knew, at least I figured, that he was going to be on the low end in yardage and looking back at Lamont Jordan, week 1, and Davis in week 2, you had to know that Parker wasn't in for a picnic today.

Now if you guys are smart, you go after WP this week when his owner may be doubting his superman abilities. I'll be holding on to him myself.

18 touches  49 yards..I thought no one can stop this guy ? To the true Steelers homers im just busting balls a little but this thread last week was annointing Parker as the next Emmitt Smith .

1021368[/snapback]

You know what, even Emmitt had some tough running days. Today, Willie got some tough yards, but the play calling and big ben stunk down the stretch. Even with a lead the Steelers started passing 1st, as if they were playing from behind. That was terrible, of course Willie didn't get very many touches once Pitt started poorly airing it out. Ben really stunk in the 2nd half :D