[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

S.Davis

fantasyfanatic

Davis never left. I listened to (and disagreed with) a lot of pundits talk all about how he was done this off season. They were all wrong. After two weeks, he has 158 yards on 38 carries, 4 TD's, and a 4.0 YPC. Some people (the ones that were wrong) appear to be somewhat bitter! The Huddle had Davis with 60 yards, no TD's this week. I played him as my flex, and he is my high scorer for the week.

He can't keep this TD pace up, but I expect him to break the 100 yard mark on an every other week sort of basis by week 4.

watched that game. he had this one run where he sat there for a few minutes after being tackled with a ired look on his face. really thought he was injured or something? He didn't grab his knee or anything. He just sat there looking pissed at whatever happened. He gets up and plays later in the game. Announcers didn't say what it was or anything, but it was wierd.

point is, not sure if this guy is going to last a whole season

I have him as a back up. I am 2-0 having won this week already but that is due to Caddilac, who I have played two weeks as a #2 RB. My #1 is Jamal Lewis :D I know I cant keep winning like this, but with Lewis on a bye next week anyway, I will have Davis in the lineup. His stats have been impressive though not dominant, except for the TD total which he clearly cant maintain. However, until someone figures out what the F#$% is going on in Baltimore, I dont know what choice I have. My WR are C Johnson, Horn and Steve Smith and I have Brandon Lloyd and Mushin Muhammad, so I guess I can look to package one of those to upgrade for another back.

Davis has been a surprise, but given his history, I dont see why he cant stay productive until he breaks down.

I dont know, but I am sure anyone who has Lewis or anyone who has Davis is facing these questions with a great deal of worry.

Well considering he averaged 3 YPC and is still fragile I wouldn't count on him all year, but right now I would have NO problem starting him whatsoever. I just don't think it lasts as he'll either wear down or get hurt IMO. Plus it isn't like he's tearing it up as the YPC avg shows.

1001314[/snapback]

Where did you get this YPC of 3? It's 4.1. This is skewed due to a 40+ yard run in week one. But it aint 3! :D Davis has an injury prone tag that I don't get. He has a bad knee, but he isn't any more injury prone than most NFL RB's.

Where did you get this YPC of 3? It's 4.1. This is skewed due to a 40+ yard run in week one. But it aint 3!  :D  Davis has an injury prone tag that I don't get. He has a bad knee, but he isn't any more injury prone than most NFL RB's.

1001357[/snapback]

I'm sure he was referring to the 25 for 77 today.

Yes I meant today. And like you said one 41 yard run is the only reason he is at even 4.1 per carry. I also said I would have NO issue whatsoever starting him right now. But as his YPC avg will tell you he isn't exactly tearing it up right now.

1001376[/snapback]

He did play NE though...they are pretty tough against the run. I dont know if Im a believer as I probably will be shopping him this week.

3 goal line TDs against NE is more than Edge could do.

And when he was sitting on the ground, he got nailed pretty hard. If he was fragile, I don't see how he came back on the next run play and almost broke it for a 20 yard TD.

And 71 yards ain't bad going running through the middle of NE's D almost the entire game.

Edited by WaterMan

I am seriously considering plugging Davis in for Ahman Green v. the Bucs this week.........

1014169[/snapback]

i'm playing fragile freddy over ahman in one league. i'm not sure i really like it though. i have a sneaky suspicion that sherman realizes he needs to get ahman the rock alot if the packers are going to beat the bucs.

davis sure has put me in my place though. i just can't believe they haven't given foster just one game and 25 carries yet to see what kind of numbers he could put up. it amazes me. gulp.....he must not be as good as i want to give him credit for. just one game, thats all i'm asking. make him the feature, then i'll shut up for the rest of the season if he doesn't produce.

you can read alot of things in the offseason, but alot of it just doesn't matter.

I took the attitude of "sell high", and just packaged him with L. Coles and shipped his butt to another team for Corey Dillon.

RBBC's are scary, and you never know when they will bring Foster in for a series and he goes off.....Once that happens Davis will become your worst nightmare.

I took the attitude of "sell high", and just packaged him with L. Coles and shipped his butt to another team for Corey Dillon.

RBBC's are scary, and you never know when they will bring Foster in for a series and he goes off.....Once that happens Davis will become your worst nightmare.

1014793[/snapback]

Nice move. I just bought Foster REAL low based on that same thinking. It sucks waiting around for Davis to get hurt, but it really seems like just a matter of time.

Foster should be ready and willing to use his speed/cuts and do some decent damge. The sooner the better as CAR faces GB ARI and DET weeks 4 5 and 6.