[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Calling all Purple Eater Fans!

fantasyfanatic

Does anybody know the nature of Burlingsons injury? I have Williamson and I read on fanball he (Williamson) will play a much larger role in the Minny Offence. Does anybody know anything?

1001301[/snapback]

Until the results of the MRI are made available, it's his knee and this all I could find on it.

Vikings | Burleson Injured

Mon, 19 Sep 2005 00:41:46 -0700

The Associated Press reports Minnesota Vikings WR Nate Burleson (knee) left the team's Week 2 game with a knee injury. There has been no further update on his condition.

Agree with your point, but I think you mean Brad Johnson instead of Moon.  Warren Moon never played with Randy Moss.

1002074[/snapback]

bah, yea...this was a pre-Moss era...B Johnson is the one who lit it up like crazy when culpepper went down...as did Frerotte when given the opportunity

Until the results of the MRI are made available, it's his knee and this all I could find on it.

Vikings | Burleson Injured

Mon, 19 Sep 2005 00:41:46 -0700

The Associated Press reports Minnesota Vikings WR Nate Burleson (knee) left the team's Week 2 game with a knee injury. There has been no further update on his condition.

1002080[/snapback]

all i heard was a sprained knee...and that was before the MRI...

Will be listening to local radio today, and will post anything I hear. Last night on Tice's TV show he made an offhand comment that Burleson may be pretty hurt, he might miss a couple of games. This was only Tice scrambling for excuses in an interview he obviously hated having to do.

He did mention that if he was hurt, then Koren Robinson would be activated and would be working into the mix.

The Vikings mix is pretty sad, no matter who is in it right now. I gotta say the new offensive coordinator is not doing a very good job, nor is Culpepper.

According to Tice in his afternoon press conference, Burleson has a slight knee sprain. He would give no idea as to the extent or whether he would play on Sunday as yet. Same thing for Sharper, FWIW. EJ Henderson had a high ankle sprain and played on it for the rest of the game, which Tice made a point about. I think he is hinting to others on the squad, perhaps.

Tice also said that its easy for the ship's captain to pilot the ship in good weather, but it's up to a good captain to lead the ship to shore in rough seas - or something like that. So, for anyone who doubts Tice, this should erase any doubts as to his understanding of the team's problems.

He also said that they are going to look at what they did wrong, and fix it quickly. Also, that everyone needs to stay within themselves. They are running the same plays that have been called for the past 6 years or so, and if players stay within themselves that the plays will come.

So, it looks like all the Purple Problems will be solved by Sunday. This does make me feel much better, and should alleviate any concerns about Minnesota moving forward. :D

So, it looks like all the Purple Problems will be solved by Sunday. This does make me feel much better, and should alleviate any concerns about Minnesota moving forward. :D

1003011[/snapback]

I love the way you just slid that in there. :D Excellent. Very funny. :D

"stay within themselves" has to be one of the silliest comments ever made.

1003032[/snapback]

What are you talking about Czarina? :D

It's an extremely logical and well thought out comment.....when you consider the source :D

The other positive I'm gleaming based on commentary from the coaches and players is that the turnovers appear to be a problem. They plan to either cut them, or eliminate them. Hopefully it will be soon, or offensively they could have trouble scoring this season. :D

New story just reported (for real): The Vikings are going to announce plans for a new $650 million stadium to be built in a Northern suburb of the Cities. That is good news...apparently the new owner is not yet ready to invoke the Lemon Law...