[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Moss!

Dbaxx

Before last week there were many Viking fans on here saying how they won't miss Moss and how Moss is poison. Well after two AWFUL performances by their team, their new "# 1" WR Burleson, and their stud QB C-Pep lets see if they still feel that way and think losing Moss means nothing to their team.

Before last week there were many Viking fans on here saying how they won't miss Moss and how Moss is poison. Well after two AWFUL performances by their team, their new "# 1" WR Burleson, and their stud QB C-Pep lets see if they still feel that way and think losing Moss means nothing to their team.

1001573[/snapback]

And the fact that Moss has had 2 long TD's and over 100 yards in both games. I haven't followed the Raiders that much, but I'm sure their O-line isn't the greatest. The Vikes people keep saying Birk is out, O-line is stuffed...bottom line, throw it up to Moss and he will catch it.

I've never said that I was happy to see Moss leave. I've never said that the Vikes would be better just because Moss was gone. You won't see many fans that have ever said that. Most of us enjoyed watching Moss play every week. I've defended him on this board and so have others. But I haven't seen too many Viking fans give props to the coaching staff.

Will Culpepper be ok without Moss? Yes, when they find some players for the OL. Moss was only a shell of himself last season, out of some games and playing hurt in many of the games he did play in, but yet Culpepper enjoyed his best season. Culpepper is also playing this season with a new OC. His new OC isn't in the booth watching the game unfold either. With 3 people in on calling the plays, it's a complete bs setup.

If Ziggy is serious about winning, than he better find a legitimate OC and/or head coach. The difference with the new ownership is they won't try to get by on the cheap like Red would. He'll go out and do what is needed to improve the team.

After Moss' 64 yard TD reception, they showed Al Davis, he looked like he was in a coma, completely unaware of what just happened or maybe even wondering where he was at. :D

1001570[/snapback]

I noticed that too :D it's past grandpa's night-night time...

I was sucked in by the Vikes also. I thought they were the 2nd best team in the NFC behind Philly and a real SB threat. I looked at their "improved D" and still thought with C-Pep they would have a good O. But what is clear to me is they have NO running game at all. Tice is a bad HC, knew that already and you can't blame today on him but he's bad. And Cottrell is an AWFUL DC. He was bad with the Jets at the end also. How a D with a lot of talent on it on paper can be that bad is almost mind blowing. To me until they get their D settled in and they decide to just let Moore be their RB, I am SO tired of Bennett has anyone made more of 1 pretty good year then him he is NOT good and is always hurt, they will struggle.

Edited by giantsfan

Look I will be the first to admit I'm a Moss owner so I am biased, but how do you only throw ONE pass downfield ALL game to Moss and it was a TD. Then how do you not throw ONE pass his way on this last drive. Then why do you watse a TO on 4th down there which kills your chance for 3 TO's and get it back, doesn't matter now anyway, but to me they did a terrible job calling plays tonight. Almost like they said we threw 14 passes to Moss last week too much so lets throw him only 7 and look for others. I just don't get how you throw 1 long ball to him all game and don't throw a fade to him on that last series, especially considering he caught a TD on the 1 long pass and had a TD on the last fade, questionable penalty IMO. Bad job IMO.

Edited by giantsfan

There have been ALOT of posts on this board about how Moss was a cancer to the Vikes...good riddance....better off without him....sellfish...etc etc etc....

Love him or hate him you cannot dispute the fact that he affects the game every play he is in the game... and it is obvious after 2 weeks that CPep has not made the adjustment.

CPep isnt used to the coverages hes seeing w/out Randy... and he is pressing. Some of the throws he has made are begging for Moss to magically appear on the field to haul them in and take CPep off the hook.... or allow another WR to be wide open because 3/4 of the secondary is chasing Moss around.

Blame Tice -- who is not even a lil good-- blame the crap running game--- blame the O -line----everything is part of the problem.....but the most obvious thing that is missing is Moss.

Dont get me wrong-- Moss is a complete donkey--- but the man can play the game... how ANYONE can think the Vikes are better without him is beyond me.

Wow jack*** got edited out...

Edited by bok_choy

the Vikes were smart to get rid of him. he's going to cost too much very soon. He's a whiney little lady dog when his team is losing or if the ball isn't thrown to him every play. he doesn't try every play. he's a cancer. no team wins with him in the long run.

the way I look at it is any team that has Randy Moss is light years away from the teamwork and professionalism that the NE Patriots are at. It's a team game and this guy isn't a team player. Have fun Raiders!

Culpepper is expecting to run for his life on every single play.  He's not looking downfield for receivers and isn't seeing the open guy.  Just avoiding defenders running directly at him, mostly.

1001605[/snapback]

Sounds like the situation Harrington is in. Only he NEVER had a O-line. Yet people defend Dante and trash Joey. :D

you guys have to admit that 2-pt conversion attempt by Moss last week was pretty lame. no attempt at all. Who knows what's going on in his head. that's the kind of play you get with this non-motivated punk of a player. he doesn't try sometimes. he looks all emotional sometimes. put some pressure on him and he does stupid things and says stupid things. i could bate Randy Moss to say something stupid in an interview.

and that is why you don't throw to him at the end of the game. you just don't know what you're going to get. he's not a gamer.

his head is not on straight. his concentration is missing here and there. he's not a complete receiver to this day. cause he isn't a leader. he doesn't work hard at it.

So yeah the Vikes are missing him, he demanded the coverage. But I'd much rather see the Vikes build a strong team. I would much rather have all those defensive players on my team than Randy Moss. He's not worth the money cause he's just a headache. He abandons his teammates at the end of the game. How can you keep a guy like that? Better to get some players, some draft picks.