[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

I'll be changing the channel

Grits and Shins

Well when all the NFL commercials endorse something called the Bush-Clinton Relief Fund, it kinda loses some credibility.

It was like that movie with Rodman and Van Damme.

1001863[/snapback]

I think the are using that one fund from different sources to make donating easier.

On tuesday Sirius is having a radiothon and auctioning off a lot of football items.

I just saw a news report saying a lot of the hurricane victims are using those $2K debit cards the gov't handed out to buy "essentials" like Playstations and $800 Prada handbags.  How do I get one of those cards?

1002031[/snapback]

Had to see that coming. The level of responsibility with some people is a joke....

I just saw a news report saying a lot of the hurricane victims are using those $2K debit cards the gov't handed out to buy "essentials" like Playstations and $800 Prada handbags.  How do I get one of those cards?

1002031[/snapback]

if that's true, that is seriously f'd up.

people make me sick....I want a new playstation....mine lags...or at least put up for a PS3 or something since I'm not paying for one out of my own pocket

1002234[/snapback]

there are dumb, selfish and irresponsible people at all levels. This is just another situation of a handful of people being taken as the majority and ruining it for others.

...and whats with Blitz taking time out of his day to proactively write a post dissing the NFL helping for out with the relief fund. If you don't want to watch it, fine - but to go out of your way to write a post dissing it. get a life. folk are trying to help.

Edited by Duchess Jack

there are dumb, selfish and irresponsible people at all levels.  This is just another situation of a handful of people being taken as the majority and ruining it for others.

...and whats with Blitz taking time out of his day to proactively write a post dissing the NFL helping for out with the relief fund.  If you don't want to watch it, fine - but to go out of your way to write a post dissing it.  get a life.  folk are trying to help.

1002257[/snapback]

Yeah well some of us have given close to $300.00 now. I got some form of legionnaire's disease feeding the people down at reunion two weeks ago and am listed at 2 churches and 4 web sites that my guest room and office is availbale for a family of 4 if they need it.

I'd like to see the f*cking ring of honor ceremony.

I feel like the NFL's 'telathon' tonight is insincere and smply a publicity thing.

1002309[/snapback]

Whether you feel its sincere or not. If it raises people's awareness and/or gets people to donate - than what is the problem? Its a lot more than some folk/orginzations are doing.

Whether you feel its sincere or not.  If it raises people's awareness and/or gets people to donate - than what is the problem?  Its a lot more than some folk/orginzations are doing.

1002316[/snapback]

Raises people's awareness? Who exactly out there isn't aware of what happened on the Gulf Coast? You don't have too look very far either to find a way in which to help. We don't need ABC and the NFL to run a mini-telathon on Monday night football in order to know what happened and in order to lend aide.

Whether you feel its sincere or not.  If it raises people's awareness and/or gets people to donate - than what is the problem?  Its a lot more than some folk/orginzations are doing.

1002316[/snapback]

THanks to not showing the ring of honor ceremony, the money I'm sending to keg will be the last of my donations.

Raises people's awareness?  Who exactly out there isn't aware of what happened on the Gulf Coast?  You don't have too look very far either to find a way in which to help.  We don't need ABC and the NFL to run a mini-telathon on Monday night football in order to know what happened and in order to lend aide.

1002330[/snapback]

Once again - If the work the NFL is doing raises money - however much you feel they don't really mean it :D - than what is the problem?

Edited by Duchess Jack

... during half time tomorrow.  Not interested in the NFL's 'Katrina relief weekend'.

1001823[/snapback]

Beats the Hollywood type stuff they usually have at halftime. Changing the channel is your right. I usually do it for other resons or look at Tivo replays.

The ring ceremony would've been great.  I wish ESPN2 or ESPN News would show it.

1002454[/snapback]

The local ABC ***gots will be showing it in its entirety SUnday night. Remind me as the day draws near and if I can remember how to work a VCR I'll tape it for you.