[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Only Week 2, but the most overhyped

msaint

Not ready to write off Witten yet...I think Tuna quickly goes back to what he knows best: running the ball and having Jurassic Bledsoe throw to his TE. The SD game was an anomoly, I think. No way total stiff, one-week-wonder WRs like Crayton keep getting Witten's catches from here on out.

Then again, if he puts up another 1 catch for 12 yard stinker tonight, well.......

Culpepper... htere is no bigger bust so far! From high scores to negative points!

1002777[/snapback]

So far......no bigger bust? Sure. Although I think J. Lewis is just as big a bust right now really. But I don't consider players that have proved top level in the past as being "overhyped".

The word overhyped should probably be reserved for those players we touted ahead of any conclusive evidence....as in past performance.

In that category....I'd say Burleson and Arrington and I'd be inclined to throw Reggie Williams in there as well even though he wasn't usually a top 3 round draft pick.

With all due respect...Peyton, Wayne, et.al. have faced two very good Ds and did just enough to win those two games. Nothing flashy. But I'm sure that will change.

Overall 3 biggest shockers to me....The defensive play of Indy....The total meltdown of Minny.....and the overall improvement of Oakland, even though they sit 0-2.

Not ready to write off Witten yet...I think Tuna quickly goes back to what he knows best: running the ball and having Jurassic Bledsoe throw to his TE. The SD game was an anomoly, I think. No way total stiff, one-week-wonder WRs like Crayton keep getting Witten's catches from here on out.

Then again, if he puts up another 1 catch for 12 yard stinker tonight, well.......

1002842[/snapback]

C'mon, you can do better...

Crayton is not a stiff. The kid can play. I think we will see that over the course of this season.

I think Whitten's 2004 #'s might have been a product of a more conservative, Vinny T lead team still trying to find a reliable running game. heading into 2005 I thought Whitten could lead the league in TE scoring, I am seriously doubting that prediction now.

This is why I went WR ..WR in my 2 drafts this year. I had no trust in any 2 RB's except Tomlinson and Alexander.and my 3rd pick was Gates in both leagues. then my next 4 picks went RB.

McGahee= was behind a horrible offense.

Kevin Jones = on my Lions..that alone makes you risky

Julius Jones = on bad offensive team.

Holmes = coming back from Injury and the growing up of larry Johnson

Lewis= hurt before the season even stated. wanted no part of that.

Edge = 3rd best option at RB IMO, but if he got a few more TD's he would not scare me so.

McCallister = wondered how he would do after last years big dropoffs.

westbrook = worry about him and injuries. if not for that I would not have been afraid of taking him number 3.

Curtis Martin = getting up there in age.

Tiki Barber = the coaching staff scares me every year trying to get some other RB involved. afraid 1 of these years they will.

Portis = on bad offense

Rudi Johnson = does not get enough catches and plays on the Bengels who are trying to get Perry more involved.

Dillon = if he caught the ball more he would be a stud..but he don't

Green = getting older and team has deteriated.although I still believe he has a good year.

So many RB's on these lists are really hurting teams when If you would of took Moss or Owens high you would be getting solid stats.

This does not mean it will stay like this of course. some of these guys are gonna bust out and have stud years. picking which 1 is iffy.

My big bust of the year has been Culpepper.INT's do not hurt you in that league though so his stats yesterday at least made it to average.

Favre is the #6 fantasy QB right now and it appears that he will be throwing a ton this year. I would not write him off fantasy wise, just "let's win this game for the Packers" wise.

1002301[/snapback]

Yeah, but his whopping 5 points in week one cost me a win.... I'd like a little more consistency from my QB.