[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Willie Parker Owners summit meeting

msaint

So, what are all my fellow (lucky) Willie Parker owners thinking after 2 weeks? If you're in any kind of savvy league, most of your other owners probably realize that he's got serious stud potential behind that sick OL...but, they're also prob. thinking that his value will ebb slightly after facing the Pats, having a bye week, and then seeing what happens when Duce/Bettis get back. Cowher's saying that he's The Man regardless, but you never know.

So, if you have the RB depth -- which I assume you do, seeing as Willie was a late-round flier in most cases -- and need a upgrade somewhere else, are you thinking of dealing him? Or, are you worried that you could be trading away another Anquan Boldin-esque early season wonder who just kept it going...and going...and going.....

:D

So, what are all my fellow (lucky) Willie Parker owners thinking after 2 weeks? If you're in any kind of savvy league, most of your other owners probably realize that he's got serious stud potential behind that sick OL...but, they're also prob. thinking that his value will ebb slightly after facing the Pats, having a bye week, and then seeing what happens when Duce/Bettis get back. Cowher's saying that he's The Man regardless, but you never know.

So, if you have the RB depth -- which I assume you do, seeing as Willie was a late-round flier in most cases -- and need a upgrade somewhere else, are you thinking of dealing him? Or, are you worried that you could be trading away another Anquan Boldin-esque early season wonder who just kept it going...and going...and going.....

1002356[/snapback]

Well, Fast Willie has been outscoring my "studs" so far... L.T. and Martin. Martin is my make or breaking player. We have the option to flex - 3 rbs & 1WR or 1 RB & 4 WR's. So I rode Willie this week and he came through while running L.T. & the lowly Martin. I'm kinda weak on my WR's, so I think I'll just ride the "lightning in a bottle", as they call him.

I'll probably keep him, just to say I'm a genius for picking him up on draft day. :D

RUN WILLIE RUN!!!

Such a tough call. But in my league, I KNOW I won't get good value for him. I see many people scoring serious studs, which is worth it. People in my league are too skeptical (haters), and it won't be worth trading him. I'll just hold and hope he continues to roll.

There is that "playing with house money" feeling after getting him in the 15th, no doubt, but I always like to see where I can upgrade. And if Willie's production might dip (and he won't be a better starter over my originally drafted #2, Cadillac, whom I'd sit for Willie) it might make sense to go for the QB (Plummer, McNair) or WR upgrade. The Bettis/Duce owner has Moss....hmmmmmm.....

I traded him after his huge Week 1 performance to get DJax. I was a RB paid friend in this league though, as I still have Edge, Kevin Jones, Cadilac, and Arrington. I probably should have waited until this week, as I probably could have gotten Chad Johnson instead of DJax. If you have two good RB's and another decent backup I'd trade him. Like someone else said, his schedule is about to get harder, and Duce and the Bus will be back soon. I think right now his stock is about as high as it is going to get.

There is that "playing with house money" feeling after getting him in the 15th, no doubt, but I always like to see where I can upgrade. And if Willie's production might dip (and he won't be a better starter over my originally drafted #2, Cadillac, whom I'd sit for Willie) it might make sense to go for the QB (Plummer, McNair) or WR upgrade. The Bettis/Duce owner has Moss....hmmmmmm.....

1002400[/snapback]

Santana Moss?

I have Willie in a number of leagues and while I do fear that his production will go down once Bettis and Staley are healthy, I think Parker's worth having around in case one of my big-name studs should get hurt.

Trade...I just traded him for Chad Johnson yesterday. His schedule will get tougher and Duce will come back, he may not take the starting job-but he will take carries + Bettis will take carries at the goalline, I think right now is the time to trade...

1002380[/snapback]

If you can get someone like Chad Johnson, shoot yes, trade him. Otherwise, might as well hold onto him since most owners are still skeptical of his value for the entire season (for reasons you mentioned) and aren't liable to give up what he's worth.

I'd like to trade him, (I'm now pretty stacked at the RB pos.), but I don't see that happening anytime soon. He is clearly a better RB than many 2nd round, and even 1st round draft picks right now, but it's still too early in the season for people to either give up on their own RB's, or to be convinced he'll maintain this pace for a whole year. I believe he may be great, but that only means I won't accept a trade for less than an upper tier-2 WR (to replace my Kennison/Bryant 3rd WR slot).

Last week, after his first great game, I offered him in a trade for Wayne straight up, but the knucklehead declined. Now I feel his value has only increased, so I'll want more. I won't be tradeing him for a minor upgrade at one position this early in the season if it will make one of my opponets that much better. After only 2 weeks in, everybody still has a chance to be there at the end. If I can't get top value for him now, it's better to wait to see how the league shakes out, and upgrade later with a team that won't pose much of a threat to me.

I am interested in knowing how high everyone rates him. :D

Certainly a vexing question. The possibility that Parker is the next Portis (the Denver version) makes me want to keep him, but the specter of Staley and Bettis looming in the background makes me want to trade him. Given that I play in a keeper league, and if my other backs weren’t so underachievers (Lewis/Portis/DD/R. Brown), I would definitely keep him. Staley may be around this year to steal carries, but I have no doubts that Parker, barring injury, will be the man next year. However, given that my supposed studs are struggling I think I will try and trade him to save this season. My first preference is to package him with Lewis for a tier 1 RB, but I’m not hopeful. My second preference is to package him with R. Brown for a tier 2 RB. My 3rd option would be a tier 1 WR but there is no good trade fit in my league for this.

Everyone in my league is looking at him as declining (haters) and I continue to ride the Fast Willie train laughing the whole way (2-0 so far). Considering I got him off WW, I would definently trade him to get a stud WR or QB (we start 2), but I don't see that happening so I probably will ride the wave as long as it last...hopefully all season.

Santana Moss? 

I have Willie in a number of leagues and while I do fear that his production will go down once Bettis and Staley are healthy, I think Parker's worth having around in case one of my big-name studs should get hurt.

1002405[/snapback]

Uh, no -- the other, better WR named RANDY Moss. I should be shot in the head if I was trying to trade Willie for Santana....even with Willie about to face the Pats D.

Uh, no -- the other, better WR named RANDY Moss. I should be shot in the head if I was trying to trade Willie for Santana

1002723[/snapback]

I was joking, because I can't believe anyone would trade Randy Moss for Willie Parker.

....even with Willie about to face the Pats D.

1002723[/snapback]

You'll get a lot more of those whan your Patsies are 1-2. :D

I would trade him if I could get anything like fair market value for him. At the meeting Week 1, the rest of the league had no idea who he was (my 12th round fourth RB) before he went off. Then they wouldn't even consider trading for him then because of Staley coming back and Bettis in the back ground...

Now the league is trying to low-ball me for Edge or Cadillac because I have 4 good RBs that would all go in the first 20 RBs if the draft were to take place today (someone offerend me Holt for Edge straight up, and I countered with Cadillac for Holt and he laughed).

Thank God I am 2-0.

For the record, I rank my RBs as follows:

Edge

Cadillac

Jackson

Parker

The Tribune-Review reports that Pittsburgh Steelers RB Willie Parker will remain the team's starting running back until coach Bill Cowher says otherwise, even when running backs Jerome Bettis (calf) and Duce Staley (knee) return from injury. "He's our starter," Cowher said regarding Parker after the team's 27-7 win over the Texans Sunday, September 18th. "I don't think you need to keep asking me that. I gotta keep other guys involved and I'll attempt to do that, but Willie Parker's going nowhere."

He's staying in my starting lineup as a flex for the foreseeable future in HOT with Cadillac and Dom Davis.

I would trade him if I could get anything like fair market value for him.  At the meeting Week 1, the rest of the league had no idea who he was (my 12th round fourth RB) before he went off.  Then they wouldn't even consider trading for him then because of Staley coming back and Bettis in the back ground...

Now the league is trying to low-ball me for Edge or Cadillac because I have 4 good RBs that would all go in the first 20 RBs if the draft were to take place today (someone offerend me Holt for Edge straight up, and I countered with Cadillac for Holt and he laughed).

Thank God I am 2-0. 

For the record, I rank my RBs as follows:

Edge

Cadillac

Jackson

Parker

1002836[/snapback]

I've got Alexander, Cadillac, Jackson, and Parker. Almost wonder if it would be better to deal Jackson with the way Martz doesn't seem to know how to committ to the run? :D

I was joking, because I can't believe anyone would trade Randy Moss for Willie Parker.

You'll get a lot more of those whan your Patsies are 1-2.   :D

1002813[/snapback]

Nah, not expecting a straight up Parker-for-Moss trade, Squeeg, but the Bettis/Duce owner has no sure thing starters at RB besides Portis, so e.g., a Steve Smith and Willie 2-for-1 offer for Moss might be more viable. We'll see. He also has Ronnie Brown and I have Ricky, so there are some options.....

My current RBs are Deuce, Cadillac, Parker, Benson, Ricky, B.Jacobs. I might hold Willie until the Benson/Ricky situations shake out. Would hate to deal Willie, have him hold on to the starting gig, and then watch as both Benson and Ricky remain backups.

Edited by msaint

Nah, not expecting a straight up Parker-for-Moss trade, Squeeg, but the Bettis/Duce owner  has no sure thing starters at RB besides Portis, so e.g., a Steve Smith and Willie 2-for-1 offer for Moss might be more viable. We'll see. He also has Ronnie Brown and I have Ricky, so there are some options.....

My current RBs are Deuce, Cadillac, Parker, Benson, Ricky, B.Jacobs. I might hold Willie until the Benson/Ricky situations shake out. Would hate to deal Willie, have him hold on to the starting gig, and then watch as both Benson and Ricky remain backups.

1002858[/snapback]

Great minds must think alike - I have Duece, Caddy, Willie, Benson & Chris Brown - I was trying to trade C Brown for R Wayne, but no go.

In my other league, I have KJ, Caddy, Willie, Benson & B Jacobs - I tried trading Willie for Holt last week (after wk 1), but couldn't get the owner to bite either!

I'll keep on trying to make a deal somewhere :D