[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Minny Mess...

BrooklynCrew

I grabbed Mewelde in several leagues late in the draft... Long after Bennet had been taken rounds before. After coughing up 2 fumbles and getting benched, ya think Bennet is primed to lose his job? Is there any way of telling with Tice? Given the state of the Oline and the offense would you even expect much out of Mewelde if he got the rock? questions questions...

From the Minny Tribune this morning:

Bennett rushed for 9 yards on his first carry and 23 on his second, but he fumbled after gaining 4 on his third carry, ending the Vikings' first possession.

Tice replaced him with Mewelde Moore for two series, and then Bennett opened a second-quarter series by fumbling on a screen pass.

He did not play thereafter.

"It's tough," Tice said. "He wants to do well. He's got his back against the wall. He wants to show that he should be The Guy.

"He comes out running the ball hard, then we have a fumble. You try to settle him down ... and then you have another fumble. It's tough at that point, I believe, to put him back in."

http://www.startribune.com/stories/510/5621835.html

September 18, 2005, 15:33

Vikings :: RB

RB Bennett Benched After Two Fumbles

Fox Sports TV

RB Michael Bennett was able to gain 33 yards on only 3 carries but was benched after his 2nd fumble on four touches. RB Mewelde Moore replaced him and carried the ball 8 times for 29 yards and added 2 receptions

Today it looks like Moore is the man.

Tomorrow after Tice confirms his man love for Bennett it could revert back to Bennett.

From the Minny Tribune this morning:

"He comes out running the ball hard, then we have a fumble. You try to settle him down ... and then you have another fumble. It's tough at that point, I believe, to put him back in."

http://www.startribune.com/stories/510/5621835.html

1002466[/snapback]

Why does Tice think sitting a guy will settle him down? I've heard this quote out of him a couple times this hear. I would think telling him to get back in there right away would give him confidence (which would settle him down).