[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

So, do you think....

Hugh 0ne

I guess if he put all of his Viking info in the form of a poem it would be less annoying to you?  :D  :D

1002938[/snapback]

He wrote a poem about me once. It was actually quite funny. The only problem is the Vikings have to win in order for a homer poem to be written, so it might be a while. :D

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Is it just me, or does this guy talk about nothing but the Vikings on this board.  You are the closest thing to Ugly Tuna on this board.  I know you are a fan, but reading your rants on the Vikings time and time again has gotten tired and boring.  It is one thing to be a fan, but you seem to be obsessed and only see things from your homer perspective.  Seriously, it is annoying.

1002702[/snapback]

:D Wow, pot - kettle - black. :D

:D  Wow, pot - kettle - black.  :D

1002971[/snapback]

:D

Also, why did you have to say it was a "black" pot or "black" kettle. Does the color of the pot or kettle really matter here ? Racist !!!! :D

Edited by Menudo

I guess if he put all of his Viking info in the form of a poem it would be less annoying to you?  :D  :D

1002938[/snapback]

I can do that. A Vikings poem for all my huddle brethren:

Mike Tice is a moran,

I'm a disgruntled fan.

Cpep sucks monkey poo,

but UT loves man goo.

Randy Moss is sorely missed,

And the fans are getting pissed.

The team is a disaster,

Can't the season end any faster?

That's all I have to say,

except that writing poems is gay.

Not that there's anything wrong with that.

It's Menudo's habitat.

Mike Tice is a moran,

I'm a disgruntled fan.

Cpep sucks monkey poo,

but UT loves man goo.

The team is a disaster,

It's Menudo's habitat.

1003004[/snapback]

:D

Mike Tice is a moran,

I'm a disgruntled fan.

Cpep sucks monkey poo,

but UT loves man goo.

The team is a disaster,

It's Menudo's habitat.

1003004[/snapback]

:D oops, I mean :D

Edited by Menudo

Here's the deal... Culpepper is a good QB (maybe even a great QB). He has put up phenomenal numbers in the past (yes, I know... with Moss there) but he also looked very good this entire pre-season, for whatever that is worth, and not bad in the past when Moss has been out. Anyway, the skills are there. But he clearly blows right now. Why? Don't know... but having watched Culpepper over the years, I have every confidence that he will get past this. Hopefully soon.

Still, I was at the game yesterday, and I was actually surprised that Culpepper was not benched in the second half. Not because Brad Johnson is a better QB, and not because Brad Johnson should be the starter from now on... but because when you are in that kind of a funk as a team, you need to be shaken up... you need a spark... something (anything) to wake you up!

Culpepper should still be the starter no matter what, but I wouldn't let him continue to flounder in a lopsided game like that again. Plus, the Vikings new owner Ziggy is in Culpepper's corner. So trust me on this, there is no QB controversy in Minnesota as far as who the starting QB is/will be/should be.

But as it stands, Tice knows he has his big Charlie Brown head on the chopping block right now, and he will do whatever it takes to pull out a win. While Tice won't mess with the QB situation too much, he will definitely mess with the RB's (any every other part of the team if necessary). Bennett lost his job. He was given every opportunity to prove that he should be a starting RB in the NFL and he has choked it away. Personally, I never liked Bennett. He has speed but can't time when he should hit a hole, and has no moves whatsoever. Moore, has a window of opportunity now, but it is not open very wide. He has been in the doghouse for the last year and is only going to start because Smith is suspended, Bennett bites, Fason is too raw, and Moe is too old. But if Moore doesn't stay healthy and produce some halfway decent numbers, then it will be the Moe/Fason show up next.

Our new OC was "promoted" from the line coach, but oh so wisely has been asked to also retain his duties as line coach, because we obviously don't need one perosn to concentrate on the job of Offinsive Coordinator in Minnesota. This problem is on Ziggy. He should have hired someone right from the start to avoid this problem. But you can probably guess that he hasn't done it because the writing is on the wall for the entire coaching staff anyway. Ziggy isn't going to hire someone for a year, when he knows he is going to be hiring a brand new staff anyway... right? Whatever his reasoning, Ziggy screwed this one up. I don't think Tice has a prayer right now. And I think Tice knows it. He will be coaching out of desperation in the next couple of weeks. Should be entertaining nonetheless.

Mike Tice is a moran,

I'm a disgruntled fan.

Cpep sucks monkey poo,

but UT loves man goo.

The team is a disaster,

It's Menudo's habitat.

1003004[/snapback]

:D:D very nice Hugh !

Anything is possible, but the loss of Linnehan and Birk is more the problem than Culp. Do you think Johnson would do better long term? I think they need to right the ship first before doing anything drastic.

A 1 game trip to the sideline may be OK, but I wouldn't go further.

Anything is possible, but the loss of Linnehan and Birk is more the problem than Culp. Do you think Johnson would do better long term? I think they need to right the ship first before doing anything drastic.

A 1 game trip to the sideline may be OK, but I wouldn't go further.

1003216[/snapback]

I don't think Johnson is the answer at all. I was asking a question based on the mental incompetence of the Head Coach. That being said, if CPep continues to struggle in the next game, I think a half on the bench might just be in order.

I don't think Johnson is the answer at all. I was asking a question based on the mental incompetence of the Head Coach. That being said, if CPep continues to struggle in the next game, I think a half on the bench might just be in order.

1003232[/snapback]

If I may....

You take your star pitcher out when he is being blasted.... no reason why you can't take your star QB out when he can't hit the broadside of a barn.

Sometimes you lose your way.... nothing wrong in sitting down and taking a few (or more) plays off to get your bearings. Culpepper has lost his way big time.... and needs to sit and watch for awhile to get his head straight.

He's on my bench.... no reason he can't be on the Vikes bench for a bit too.

If I may....

You take your star pitcher out when he is being blasted.... no reason why you can't take your star QB out when he can't hit the broadside of a barn.

Sometimes you lose your way.... nothing wrong in sitting down and taking a few (or more) plays off to get your bearings. Culpepper has lost his way big time.... and needs to sit and watch for awhile to get his head straight.

He's on my bench.... no reason he can't be on the Vikes bench for a bit too.

1003308[/snapback]

Pretty much what I said. :D

If you're saying Burleson is THE key to their offense, then even if he's healthy...they're in a LOT of trouble!

1003230[/snapback]

I wouldn't say Burleson is THE key, but he IS their best WR by a long shot.

Culpepper is the key to the offense; he looks like he broke off in the lock. :D

I wouldn't say Burleson is THE key, but he IS their best WR by a long shot.

Culpepper is the key to the offense; he looks like he broke off in the lock.  :D

1003791[/snapback]

If Burleson is indeed out for a week or so (assuming minor knee injury...knock on wood), who do you see picking up his slack?

1003156[/snapback]

A lot of blame to go around for Sunday. INCLUDING, the " Lucky Charm". :D

Nice work SB. :D

Being so early in the season, I think it was the right move to keep Daunte in the game. Try and fight thru this "trouble". Find something that might work. Any positve with the offense right now would be good. :D Later in the year I could see more reason to plant him on the bench for a half..

The team is a disaster,

It's Menudo's habitat.

1003004[/snapback]

:D My seven year old son is :D

Vikings losses:

Onterrio Smith (don't underestimate this loss, it was hugh)

Scott Linehan

Randy Moss

Matt Birk

Vikings millstones:

No dedicated OC

Mike Tice

Too many new players on D

Seeing a variety of defenses now that no-one has to game plan for Moss. Maybe Daunte always was mediocre, but Moss made him great? :D