[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

So, do you think....

Hugh 0ne

Maybe Daunte always was mediocre,  but Moss made him great?  :D

1005069[/snapback]

I have a hard time seeing a player throwing for 39 tds due to ONE WR on his team.

Watching the Cinci/Min game, it appeared that Culpepper was a bit lost without the security blanket; I'm figuring it's not too big an assumption to think he'll adjust and come around in another game or two.

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I have a hard time seeing a player throwing for 39 tds due to ONE WR on his team.

1006451[/snapback]

I did too, but the more I think about it, the more it seems obvious that Moss had way more influence than just catching and scoring. His very presence pulled defenses all out of shape, making life way easier for Daunte, plus Moss was like having two receivers in one body. Without Moss, defenses can defend the way they want to, not the way Moss dictated. When they mix it up, Daunte struggles.

Mediocre is too harsh, but he ain't going to the HoF.

Watching the Cinci/Min game, it appeared that Culpepper was a bit lost without the security blanket; I'm figuring it's not too big an assumption to think he'll adjust and come around in another game or two.

1006451[/snapback]

Collins threw 3 td's in OAK's first game ... 1 to Moss who should have been talked if Harrison would not have said "OLE" and let him bye and then had to stop to pick up his socks ... 1 to Anderson (his 2nd td) when Moss had three guys shadowing him leaving Anderson wide open ... not sure if the first one to Anderson was the same deal, but even so if an average of 2 td's is cause by either Moss producing them or taking coverage off another receiver that would be 32 tds. Not too far off ... it is possible but not likely Moss had something to do with all 39. People don't give him credit for all the coverage he draws though IMO.